PDA

View Full Version : Can Some1 Help Me With This Error?

DragonMan
06-17-2004, 02:39 AM
I was downloading some anime off "Animesuki" using bittorent and came back later with

IO ERROR: [Errno 13] Permission denied

does anybody know what this means?or know how to fix it? I've tried using FAQS and guides but none of them say anything about this error :(

ZaZu
06-28-2004, 02:03 AM
What's this "IOError - [Errno13] Permission denied" error?

If you just want to fix it reboot your computer, it should solve the problem. Otherwise read on.

IOError means Input-Output Error, and that is a file system error, not a tracker one. It shows up when your client is for some reason unable to open the partially downloaded torrent files. The most common cause is two instances of the client to be running simultaneously: the last time the client was closed it somehow didn't really close but kept running in the background, and is therefore still locking the files, making it impossible for the new instance to open them.

A more uncommon occurrence is a corrupted FAT. A crash may result in corruption that makes the partially downloaded files unreadable, and the error ensues. Running scandisk should solve the problem. (Note that this may happen only if you're running Windows 9x - which only support FAT - or NT/2000/XP with FAT formatted hard drives. NTFS is much more robust and should never permit this problem.)

Source: TorrentBits.org FAQ

DragonMan
07-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Thx Zazu