PDA

View Full Version : Roooooooooneeeeeyyyy!

threelions00
06-17-2004, 11:29 PM
How much do you reckon he is worth???

Not much if was a male model anyway...ugly get

manker
06-18-2004, 12:02 AM
if he was at a rich club - like Man Utd, Real Madrid or Chelsea - then he would probably be priceless but since he is playing for Everton I think he could be bought for around £20 million (30m Euro)

the toffees are pretty skint... :(

4play
06-18-2004, 03:08 AM
he scared the shit out of the french he will be worth about 25 million by the end of this.

chelsea get in there and make a bid we have more money then sesne at the minute :blink:

internet.news
06-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Harry Redknapp wrote in his column in the Times that all the Preiership managers are out there scouting atm. Apparently the matches thay watch depends on how rich the club is and there budget. Harry said he has been watching Latvia :lol: :lol: :lol:

{I}{K}{E}
06-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Rooney isnt a good soccer player ;)

namzuf9
06-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@18 June 2004 - 23:20
Might have something to do with all the time he wastes palying football :P

He's gotta be worth a few quid after all this but I'd like to see him stay in the premiership and not go abroad.

{I}{K}{E}
06-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by namzuf9+18 June 2004 - 23:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (namzuf9 @ 18 June 2004 - 23:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@18 June 2004 - 23:20
Might have something to do with all the time he wastes palying football :P

He&#39;s gotta be worth a few quid after all this but I&#39;d like to see him stay in the premiership and not go abroad. [/b][/quote]
who wants a guy that gets more yellow and reds then goals?

threelions00
06-18-2004, 11:03 PM
IKE, look at the full picture...the guy has the potential...he has skill and the fire in him...he just needs to control that fire. And referring to your not a good soccer player, name a better young player than him. There are not many older either.

{I}{K}{E}
06-18-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by threelions00@19 June 2004 - 00:11
IKE, look at the full picture...the guy has the potential...he has skill and the fire in him...he just needs to control that fire. And referring to your not a good soccer player, name a better young player than him. There are not many older either.
He can become a good player.. but he isnt ATM ;)

Robben is a young, VERY good player

namzuf9
06-18-2004, 11:37 PM
I&#39;ve gotta agree, Rooney can be an overly aggressive player at times but I feel with the right coaching he can channel that agression into positive football.

SillyRumours
06-19-2004, 12:52 AM
i think Rooney should look to Patrick Vieira for inspiration to improve his temperment, always has been a talented player plagued by red cards but Vieira hasn&#39;t been sent off this season, or at least not enough times for me to remember, nevertheless still one of the best midfielders on the planet

manker
06-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@18 June 2004 - 22:20
you must be talking about the fat american actor (http://www.salzburgs.com/silentnight/tape.jpg).

Rooney is the best young player at the tournament by a mile. while Robben is just the second best left winger at Chelsea (behind Duff). They bought Robben recently for around £17 million yet there is talk in reputable newspapers that chelsea are willing to pay upwards of £30 million for the talented Mr. Rooney.

Dont get me wrong, I think Robben is a good football player who tries hard and plays to the best of his ability but does the footballing world need another fast running dutch winger? thanks but no thanks, it&#39;s only recently we&#39;ve found out just how ordinary marc overmars really is <_<

threelions00
06-19-2004, 11:05 AM
IKE, you may be a mod but this time you are wrong...Rooney is good...very f*cking good at the moment. Everyone is saying it, the players (Thierry Henry for example) the papers and everyone in here on this forum

manker
06-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by threelions00@19 June 2004 - 11:13
IKE, you may be a mod
that may be the problem. perhaps {I}{K}{E} should take some time off from modding the forum, get some beer from the fridge and watch a few fecking football games :lol:

j4y3m
06-20-2004, 02:57 AM
I agree with {I}{K}{E}. ;)

jetje
06-20-2004, 12:56 PM
I just hope you all saw Robben play last night against the Tjechs, he&#39;s player with skills not just being fast. He&#39;s ready to be one of the world best attackers.
Also the lad has a good mindset to be a star. ;)

If advocaat (the dutch coach) wasn&#39;t a Dick the dutch would have won from the tchechs. ;)

DanB
06-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Chelsea have just signed him too haven&#39;t they? :unsure:

namzuf9
06-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Everton have insisted they would not sell Wayne Rooney even if bidding for the England striker reached £50m.

Speculation linking the 18-year-old with a move to Manchester United or Chelsea has raged in the wake of his two goals for England at Euro 2004.

Toffees chairman Bill Kenwright said: "David Moyes and I agreed Wayne has to be a £50m player now.

"I would turn down any bid for him and say: &#39;Thank you very much. What else do you want to talk about?&#39;"

Kenwright added: "We do smile about what Wayne is worth but, then again, we also talk about who&#39;s going to be alongside him with us next season.

"We know what Wayne&#39;s value is and our price is that he is an Everton player and we have no reason to believe that will change.

"I am not here to sell my best players and Wayne wants to stay. Wayne will continue at Everton."

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/3822981.stm)

internet.news
06-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Real Madrid have taken the rare step of issuing a statement to deny they are trying to sign Manchester United&#39;s David Beckham.

Source = BBC 29/4/03 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/2986851.stm)

DanB
06-21-2004, 06:18 PM
:01: Come on the England :01:

75 mins till kick off

internet.news
06-21-2004, 07:40 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

manker
06-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@18 June 2004 - 22:20
sorry {I}{K}{E} but..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

threelions00
06-21-2004, 09:34 PM
couldn&#39;t have said it better manker...

you&#39;re not singin anymore IKE

As i said, so young, so fiery, so god damn mother f*cking good...

FrankFrankFrankFrank
06-21-2004, 09:37 PM
:01:

Portugal is gonna be easy

threelions00
06-21-2004, 09:41 PM
France fired it up too though...but as long as the threelions are roaring, we are fearless but respectful...and respected...heads up europe, rooney is on a roll

BILLY-THE-FISH
06-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by samsamsamsam@20 June 2004 - 14:06

Real Madrid have taken the rare step of issuing a statement to deny they are trying to sign Manchester United&#39;s David Beckham.

Source = BBC 29/4/03 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/2986851.stm)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

True.......

DanB
06-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by manker+21 June 2004 - 21:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 21 June 2004 - 21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@18 June 2004 - 22:20
sorry {I}{K}{E} but..

:lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jetje
06-21-2004, 10:41 PM
If your not chauvinistic, you know the guy ain&#39;t that good. it&#39;s just the english that think he&#39;s that good.
The guy plays in a opportunic way, but lacks skills to be one of the best players ever. He&#39;s just better then average, not much more then that.
but that&#39;s my opinion ;)

threelions00
06-21-2004, 11:18 PM
erm...4 goals in 3 matches....top scorer at the mo...england top scorers in the competition...all the great players are saying it...so your opinion jetje...nul point

manker
06-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by jetje@21 June 2004 - 22:49
If your not chauvinistic, you know the guy ain&#39;t that good. it&#39;s just the english that think he&#39;s that good.
The guy plays in a opportunic way, but lacks skills to be one of the best players ever. He&#39;s just better then average, not much more then that.
far be it from me to point out the bleeding obvious but isnt a striker supposed to be opportunistic? besides the winkie smilies that you and {I}{K}{E} keep posting tell me the likelyhood is that you&#39;d both probably sell your respective grannies to have a player in an orange strip with 50% of Rooney&#39;s talent.

btw, I&#39;m not english. :D

namzuf9
06-22-2004, 12:12 AM
May I add: Rooooney Rooooney Roooooney&#33;
The kid has got fire in his belly and he has channeled that into some great football tonight. I hope he can keep his attitude in check and go on to become one of the 3 lions greats. Bring on Portugal, I&#39;m sure we can go all the way.

brenda
06-22-2004, 03:22 AM
he is a boy in the body of a man &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; acorrding to the comentator

I thought he was a right spaz till I saw an interview with him............. now I think he&#39;s well cool.......... almost a little sweetie

I said almost ;)

Barbarossa
06-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by jetje@21 June 2004 - 22:49
I hope the Portuguese defence feel the same way as you, and give him as much room as the Croatian defence did&#33; :)

jetje
06-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Rooney is a hype, he&#39;s 18 has a decent season behind him but to be a great player it takes some more. Well he sure played some tough defences`like Switzerland, Croatia....

Look at Owen, when he was young he was ROOOOONEY... now you all dish the guy cause he&#39;s bad. Well as i said that&#39;s what i mean with Rooney, he ain&#39;t bad but he sure ain&#39;t a great player, at least not yet.... Zidane that&#39;s a great player...

btw no need for Rooney in the orange squad.... we have plenty of good strikers, only thing the orange squad needs is a good manager/coach ;)

thisiswhoweare
06-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by jetje@22 June 2004 - 13:09
Look at Owen, when he was young he was ROOOOONEY... now you all dish the guy cause he&#39;s bad.
exactly my thoughts...
i hope owen gets a goal in at least, i feel sorry for the guy.

SillyRumours
06-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Zidane that&#39;s a great player....
ahh, the chest control and the left-footed cross, a legend he is

manker
06-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Rooney is a hype, he&#39;s 18 has a decent season behind him but to be a great player it takes some more. Well he sure played some tough defences`like Switzerland, Croatia....

Look at Owen, when he was young he was ROOOOONEY... now you all dish the guy cause he&#39;s bad. Well as i said that&#39;s what i mean with Rooney, he ain&#39;t bad but he sure ain&#39;t a great player, at least not yet.... Zidane that&#39;s a great player...

btw no need for Rooney in the orange squad.... we have plenty of good strikers, only thing the orange squad needs is a good manager/coach&nbsp; ;)
Oh dear. you&#39;re getting this all out of proportion, no-one has said that Rooney is a great football player - as seems to be the premis of your current argument - Great football players are normally judged on their ability and achievement, thus deemed so toward the end of their career or after their football days are done. Certainly not when they&#39;re 18. While Mr Rooney can claim to be the apple of an adoring public&#39;s eye he plainly cannot claim to be a footballing great.

However.

In rebuttal to {I}{K}{E}&#39;s assertion that "rooney is not a good player" a few people have pointed out that Rooney is not only an excellent football player but also the best young player at the tournament AND more talented than anyone in the Dutch squad.

The above statement is almost certainly true.

What is not true is when you mention the orangemen needing only a good coach. In my opinion their most pressing need is for nothing less than one point, but probably three, against Latvia in conjuction with the Czech&#39;s preventing a German win. :rolleyes:

threelions00
06-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Rooney is god damn mother f*cking good and one of the stars of the tournament so far...argue that&#33;

You can&#39;t.

How many other players are getting that sort of attention? Nobody in an orange shirt is.

Personally, speaking for the English, i would say he has the chance to be a world great in time. The same as Owen did. Not everybody lives up to it. Rooney is good at what he does, not many mistakes last night, what more can you ask for?

There are a lot of unsung heroes too...Ashley Cole...Sol Cambell...Gary Neville...they didn&#39;t do anything outstanding, but they did what they needed to, just enough, i call that a job well done. Rooney is surrounded by a bunch of world class players in this tournament and week in and week out, plays against some of the best in the world too...the guy can do nothing but learn from this.

I am not so chauvanistic to say he is the new Pele (cos there is only one Pele) but in Wayne&#39;s own right, he could be the next big thing to hit the footballing stage.

Now all you others that are not English, stop pretending that you would not want Rooney, you know you would...4 goals in 3 games (or 2 games if you want to be precise)...maybe not against the world&#39;s best defenders but he did something right to get into those positions to score. Both Switzerland and Croatia had to qualify for the tournament so they must be good to an extent. And don&#39;t forget Rooney&#39;s assists so far...not just luck.

The boy has shone, may look a little like Shrek but he really is excelling and bringing England together...priceless

jetje
06-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by threelions00@22 June 2004 - 18:56
Rooney is god damn mother f*cking good and one of the stars of the tournament so far...argue that&#33;

You can&#39;t.

How many other players are getting that sort of attention? Nobody in an orange shirt is.

Personally, speaking for the English, i would say he has the chance to be a world great in time. The same as Owen did. Not everybody lives up to it. Rooney is good at what he does, not many mistakes last night, what more can you ask for?

There are a lot of unsung heroes too...Ashley Cole...Sol Cambell...Gary Neville...they didn&#39;t do anything outstanding, but they did what they needed to, just enough, i call that a job well done. Rooney is surrounded by a bunch of world class players in this tournament and week in and week out, plays against some of the best in the world too...the guy can do nothing but learn from this.

I am not so chauvanistic to say he is the new Pele (cos there is only one Pele) but in Wayne&#39;s own right, he could be the next big thing to hit the footballing stage.

Now all you others that are not English, stop pretending that you would not want Rooney, you know you would...4 goals in 3 games (or 2 games if you want to be precise)...maybe not against the world&#39;s best defenders but he did something right to get into those positions to score. Both Switzerland and Croatia had to qualify for the tournament so they must be good to an extent. And don&#39;t forget Rooney&#39;s assists so far...not just luck.

The boy has shone, may look a little like Shrek but he really is excelling and bringing England together...priceless
i don&#39;t compare him to a guy in Orange shirt, but i truly can say that outside the island you&#39;re on, they show respect for what Rooney has shown this far, but see it in proportion. Your own 1st post stated how much is he worth, well the guy can&#39;t be worth twice the price for a already arrived star like Henry... that&#39;s all i like to say.
He has to prove himself a little longer....
:)

oh and please keep Rooney, we already have plenty of good strikers. That, and our Dick is our problem.... :lol:

manker
06-22-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by jetje@22 June 2004 - 20:53
i don&#39;t compare him to a guy in Orange shirt, but i truly can say that outside the island you&#39;re on, they show respect for what Rooney has shown this far, but see it in proportion. Your own 1st post stated how much is he worth, well the guy can&#39;t be worth twice the price for a already arrived star like Henry... that&#39;s all i like to say.

oh and please keep Rooney, we already have plenty of good strikers. That, and our Dick is our problem.... :lol:
agree with all that.

glad you&#39;ve changed your outlook jetje. consider yourself pwned :lol: ;) :lol:

jetje
06-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by manker+22 June 2004 - 23:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 22 June 2004 - 23:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetje@22 June 2004 - 20:53

oh and please keep Rooney, we already have plenty of good strikers. That, and our Dick is our problem....&nbsp; :lol:
agree with all that.

glad you&#39;ve changed your outlook jetje. consider yourself pwned :lol: ;) :lol: [/b][/quote]
:blink: :blink:

BILLY-THE-FISH
06-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by jetje@22 June 2004 - 12:09
has a decent season behind him but to be a great player it takes some more.
In Fact Rooney had a CRAP season just gone..... just 6 goals in a whole season :o &#33;
But he plays for a Crap team&#33;&#33; :blink:

He is playing much better now he&#39;s playing with better players, thats why I say he must leave Everton NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

SillyRumours
06-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Everton could do with the money too, £20m or £30m would help a lot, let alone £50m

DanB
06-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Come on England :01: