PDA

View Full Version : Emule Problem

nesckthe44
06-18-2004, 06:06 PM
I have a problem with my eMule client that I am not sure how to resolve. The problem is such: whenever I try to download a file from eMule one of two things happen:

1. The bar turns blue, I come back in about an hour or so, to find that the file hasn't progressed at all (o transfered) and the speed is stil null (no speed) and when I check the file status it says "Waiting".

2. The bar turns blue and the file starts downloading, and then when I come back it's only downloaded about 100 or so kb and it has a little green icon (that I can't diescern) beside the filename and the status is "Waiting", again.

Now I've tried a number of different configurations, I've checked my modem and router, I've made sure it wasn't a problem with the firewall, and I've tried other P2P applications (which seem work).

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with eMule, is it a networking problem? Is eMule not configured properly? Pleae help me out...

chinook_apache
06-18-2004, 06:57 PM
do you get a low or high id?
how many sources are availble for the download you after? and does this happen to all files or just the odd one?
you might also want to see if you are in a queue, usually thats the case it is idle.

nesckthe44
06-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Yeah, it turns out t was just a mistake on my part: the ques from each source are horrible (in the hundereds) so it could be a while before anythng starts loading.

chinook_apache
06-18-2004, 07:56 PM
thats ok then. it is good you have looked around on what i mentioned. also try switching severs which have loads of files/users on.
eg.
Razorback 2

thisiswhoweare
06-18-2004, 08:50 PM
it wont speed up the downloading

nesckthe44
06-19-2004, 03:10 AM
K, thanks for all your replies. Another question then: what does a little "i" in a green box on the left side of the filename indicate?

Here' a secreenshot to demonstrate what I mean:

http://www.cyberus.ca/~ottawa_srv/eMuleScreenshot.JPG

[B][O][T]
06-19-2004, 03:16 AM
A file comment or positive rating has been entered for this download.
Right click the file and choose Show Comments.

BOT

chinook_apache
06-19-2004, 09:47 AM
the green i indicates +ve remarks of the file and red i indicates -ve remarks about the file

nesckthe44
06-20-2004, 03:46 AM
K, thanks all for your help... I've pretty much got eMule in the pocket now (all figured out) which is a good thing seeing as it really is the most powerfull P2P program out there. Also thanks to SharedHolder for his eMule help link: the site was really usefull and had a lot of good stuff (like how to reconfig your router to get a high ID)... :D

chinook_apache
06-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by nesckthe44@20 June 2004 - 03:54
K, thanks all for your help... I've pretty much got eMule in the pocket now (all figured out) which is a good thing seeing as it really is the most powerfull P2P program out there. Also thanks to SharedHolder for his eMule help link: the site was really usefull and had a lot of good stuff (like how to reconfig your router to get a high ID)... :D
yeah no problem mate.
And you are right about emule being a powerful p2p program. Personally it is my favourite p2p because there are so many websites to get verified ed2k links from. :)

nesckthe44
06-21-2004, 02:50 AM
Yeah, those are pretty cool. Tho I have gotten really outsourced files through the search engine - and one's with like 1 or 2 sources off of link-sites. I guess it's all part of the game tho... And the database of "verified" link sites at eMulehelp.com is really usefull as well.