PDA

View Full Version : Playing Downloaded Movies

momonie
03-18-2003, 03:25 AM
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH PROBLEMS WITH DROP-OUTS AND THE PLAYER CRASHING WHEN VIEWING DOWNLOADED MOVIES FROM "KAZAA-LITE".....PLEASE?
I'M HAVING ALOT OF TROUBLE WITH DIVX FILES I'VE DOWNLOADED AND CAN'T SEEM TO REMEDY THE PROBLEM.
YOU MAY ALSO EMAIL ME [email protected]
Thanks.........marc:-)

C4-M$=:)
03-18-2003, 07:16 AM
the divx player takes up alot of resources, but I've never heard of that, try installing the zoom player, u can search for it on google, then get a copy of fddshow codec, works fine for me and doesn't suck your resources.

Thickey
03-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Is there any chance we can keep the Verified sections for hashes rather than chit chat ?

J'Pol
03-21-2003, 10:37 PM
Needs moved guys.

Cerberus
03-22-2003, 03:17 AM
I have the same problem with the divx player, normally I just use WMP but I can't change the aspect ratio :angry: So, I recommend windvd or power dvd. All the movies that freeze on me in the divx player work fine on both

gumbydancin
03-22-2003, 07:51 AM
Yeah power dvd does a much better job of playing those eternally difficult files. Make sure you have the current divx player and updates though. You can also change the settings in divx player to use less system resources.

Oh and by the way; when you type in CAPITAL letters it is considered yelling and generally rude. :)

tilen76
03-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Have you considered installing BSplayer (http://www.bsplayer.org/). It works great, it is free and it uses very little system resources. It also has plenty of handy features built in.

;)

slimboyfatz
03-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Why not try VideoLan it plays all movie files a treat (xvid,divx,avi), and it syncs video/audio perfectly, U wont be dissapointed. goto www.videolan.org :D

Billy_16508
03-25-2003, 12:28 AM
I had an 8meg video card and had a lot of problems with dvd rips, Xvid and Divx movies. They would be choppy and wouldnot run smooth. I would also have lip sync problems.

I went and installed a 128 meg video card and all that stopped. For me it was a power problem.