PDA

View Full Version : Wincleaner Utility Suite

peat moss
06-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Had this given to me today, for fixing a friends computer. Has any one tryed it? Sure looks like NSW or System Mechanic. Whats got me curious tho is the anti virus program. Ya I know anouther one . :)

http://www.wincleaner.com/pc/uti/utiste/uw...ility_suite.htm (http://www.wincleaner.com/pc/uti/utiste/uwc_utility_suite.htm)

Edit : I ran the regcleaner from the disk it found 184 errors . :lol: Thats after running Regseeker , I didn't delete them , seems crazy to have found that many, no?

delphin460
06-19-2004, 11:55 PM
i only use the ultra win cleaner part of it , but it works great for cleaning comps up

i usualy put the uwclean on noob comp's that i fix as the user only has to click one button to clean a lot of stuff out , very noob freindly

the a/v aint worh looking at though

peat moss
06-20-2004, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the reply delphin , Is it the same as windows cleaner ? Boy seems pretty thorough! :lol:

zapjb
06-20-2004, 05:35 AM
Afair it's too thorough. I used it a long time ago year or so, I think. Started developing weird system glitches. So RegSeeker, RegCleaner & WinDoctor are all registry "help" I use.

peat moss
06-20-2004, 05:45 AM
@zapjb Funny I use all you mentioned, at the same time too! Thats why I was surprised with all the errors it came up with. If I remember, I hated windows cleaner for that reason .eg : deleting all my Good cookies . :)

delphin460
06-20-2004, 05:45 AM
the only time i have seen windows cleaner cause any problem is when it is used after the system goes buggy , eg as a panic tool , rather than it being used as a preventitive maintence tool

btw yes its the same

the other thing is to remember to use the undo feature to delete backups every week or so, to avoid a build up of backup copies ect

works best on win 2000 and xp , but will work fine on 98 as long as its used to prevent faults

peat moss
06-20-2004, 06:29 AM
@delphin460 Thanks , I love playing with these kind of tools anyway . With all my faults with computers, I never seem to experince the problems ,most have here on this board.

Edit: Spelling of course !

skelley521
06-20-2004, 01:16 PM
delph, I have used Ulta's One-Click for a long time.
I don't use it for my registry cleaner though, just temp files and such.
Strange how the site says the latest version of One-Click is v8.2.6 and my version is v8.5.2. :huh: :P