PDA

View Full Version : Drive Probs

keyser_soze
06-20-2004, 12:32 AM
After trying to find a problem with my dvd-rw I uninstalled my cd-rw as it just done the same job as my dvd-rw anyway(to try and get rid of compatability issues) my cdr-rw and dvd-rw were on the same ide cable with the dvd-rw set as master and cd-rw slave. now that I've removed the cd-rw I've now got my HD on my primary ide set as master and my cd-rom on same ide as slave, then on my secondary ide my dvd-rw set to master, when my pc boots up I get the error message afapi incompatible press f1 to resume on boot up but when I do resume the drives seem to work ok. Now I can't just switch my pc on and leave it cos I need to press f1 to get it boot up.

Btw when I changed the cables on my drives I did'nt uninstall the hardware first it just reinstalled them on boot up with the found new hardware wizard, would this have caused the problem?

tesco
06-20-2004, 12:37 AM
What happened in windows will have nothing to do with it.

make sure the jumpers are all set right, then go inot teh bios and go to standard bios options, or whatever the first page is, and select for the drives, all of them, to autodetect. then save and restart see if it still does it.

keyser_soze
06-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Cheers brother job sorted :)

tesco
06-21-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by keyser_soze@20 June 2004 - 18:50
Cheers brother job sorted :)
:D NP.