PDA

View Full Version : Mexico Vs. Dominican Republic

blitz
06-20-2004, 05:24 AM
Is it just me, or is Mexico really good? That or Dominican Republic really SUCKS. I think this was a qualification game for the olympics. Mexico ripped DR to shreds. I don't know the ending score, but after the first period was over, it was 5 to 0 Mexico. Total domination. Mexico has some goooood players on the front lines, and on defense. I think they are a big favorite at the olympics, if they make it.

threelions00
06-21-2004, 09:38 PM
Hey blitz...the DR are not that good...think of your sport and picture the worst team against a much better team....And its not first period (not ice hockey now me lad!) its first half!

blitz
06-22-2004, 06:03 PM
The DR are not that good.....but Mexico is. Infact, they are ranked 4th in the world. Who's ahead of them? Well obviously the big time soccer (football for you euros :P) nations Brazil, France, and Spain......and to prove that Mexico is really that good, they beat Brazil, not once, but twice last year for a league cup, just like Euro 2004. I'm pretty sure they aren't #4 in the world for just any reason.....

Edit: Oh yeah, about the 1st period thing......i'm not much of a soccer (football) fan myself, so I'm not that good with the terms ;)

seiya_33
07-01-2004, 01:40 AM
kinda late but what the heck , in the first game mexico won 10 to 0 , in the second game i think they won by 8 to 0 , and i think it wasnt dominican republic , they were dominica , which they said was not dominican republic , dont know for sure , anyways me being from mexico i doubt where ranked fourth , probably fourht in america , but in the world , i dont even think were in the top 10 .

Cheese
07-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by seiya_33@1 July 2004 - 01:48
kinda late but what the heck , in the first game mexico won 10 to 0 , in the second game i think they won by 8 to 0 , and i think it wasnt dominican republic , they were dominica , which they said was not dominican republic , dont know for sure , anyways me being from mexico i doubt where ranked fourth , probably fourht in america , but in the world , i dont even think were in the top 10 .
Fifa World Rankings as of June 2004:

1 Brazil
2 France
3 Spain
4 Mexico
5 Argentina
5 Netherlands
5 Turkey
8 Germany
9 USA
10 Italy

Source. (http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/news/fifa.html)

seiya_33
07-01-2004, 03:58 PM
but how do they rank them , are those the ones in the top position so far in the world cup qualificcations , cuz i remember the us eliminating mexico in the past world cup , and they also beat us a few months ago in a friendly match , i really find that hard to believe since we havent actually won a world cup and have never gone that far .