PDA

View Full Version : Sad Thing To Hear

JONNO_CELEBS
06-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Someone said to me today that they hope England get knocked out of the Euro then at least there will be no more violence. What a sad thing to say, but I almost agree.
When England lost to France I had blokes walking past my house shouting "F*cking French C**ts, that's not right, and all this fighting and rioting over a game of Football :(
It's a GAME!!!! :rolleyes:

Very silly and very childish behaviour.

I've seen people run out of the pub, ripping their shirt off and kicking stones in temper, ...........over a game of football :blink:

I don't get it :unsure:

Surely we are all used to England loosing? We hav'nt won anything in 38 years in football :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

J'Pol
06-20-2004, 02:47 PM
I totally agree with you Jonno.

But then I am Scottish and we are only too well aware of how shite we are.

Cheese
06-20-2004, 02:53 PM
I feel sorry for the genuine England fans both in Portugal and here who could potentially see their team kicked out because of a small minority of dickheads who can't behave themselves over a football game.

I quite liked the Sun the other week who named and shamed those who had been sent back in disgrace. :01:

JONNO_CELEBS
06-20-2004, 02:53 PM
I tell you something else JP, there's a tv ad here for Mastercard, the priceless ad, which has Jack Charlton saying all these things about England and football etc, then finishes with "England united" priceless!

Why is it England can only unite with sport? We have this terrorist threat and we expect the gov to deal with it, but Football we will take on the world......Violently!

Just does'nt make sence to me :blink:

Althought I find it hilarious that people drive round with England flags on their cars , swearing about Fracne and driving a Renault :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Edit: @Cheese........Exactly, there's people who would love to go and see England play but are too afraid, and the threat of any more riots and England are out is fair from the official pov but is totally unfair for as you say the genuin supporters

Skweeky
06-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Reminds me of the tirade I heard when Celtic got kicked out of whatever it was a while ago :lol:

lynx
06-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@20 June 2004 - 15:01
Althought I find it hilarious that people drive round with England flags on their cars , swearing about Fracne and driving a Renault :lol: :lol:
Remember, these people are too thick to realise that Renault's are French cars.

JONNO_CELEBS
06-20-2004, 03:02 PM
@Linx..........I know I think it's so funny, I see a bloke who's a nutter, mad on Football and likes a ruck :rolleyes:
4 flags on his.............Renault people carrier :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Afronaut
06-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Probably the best way to piss off the driver is to ask,
"Is that car from France or what?

Right after he/she 's been swearing at teh France.

:D

JONNO_CELEBS
06-20-2004, 03:09 PM
I did :lol: I actually said "How can you swear about france when driving a french car?" he replied "Since when have Renaults been french?" :blink:
I could see a no win fight there so just shut up :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Afronaut
06-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@20 June 2004 - 16:17
I did :lol: I actually said "How can you swear about france when driving a french car?" he replied "Since when have Renaults been french?" :blink:
I could see a no win fight there so just shut up :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have bumber stickers:

"Me like football"

JONNO_CELEBS
06-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@20 June 2004 - 15:21

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have bumber stickers:

"Me like football"
:01: Unga bunga :01:

:lol:

Jonno B)

J'Pol
06-20-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@20 June 2004 - 16:02
Reminds me of the tirade I heard when Celtic got kicked out of whatever it was a while ago :lol:
What did Celtic get thrown out of old bean, you have me at a disadvantage.

Skweeky
06-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Erm, Champions League or something? You know...one of those things...

J'Pol
06-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@20 June 2004 - 17:09
Erm, Champions League or something? You know...one of those things...
No, we didn't get thrown out mate, we got beaten. That's different.

The Celtic fans were given an award for being the best in the world.

Illuminati
06-20-2004, 04:38 PM
WTF is this - "Three scots and a southerner"? :huh:

It may be a little sad, but what do you expect - A vast part of England do not trust the government, people are half-and-half about reality TV and there's very few good things that remain special forever and that everyone can unite to. Sport is one of them, as it remains relatively simpler and less spoilt than the rest of British society.

A lot of people get behind the football because of many reasons. It's true that only a relative handful of England do it for the football. One reason is that it's one of the few times when a country can declare their patriotism without political correctness allowing at least one do-gooder racial equality council telling us we can't do it. Some do it for the same reason they do it for the Olympic and the same reason a lot did it during the D-Day celebrations - These events don't happen every day, and when they do we have the opportunity to show our national unity & pride. Others remember how we won the World Cup in 1966 and hope for another golden age.

The ones who were kicking stones, cursing to themselves, they aren&#39;t really that bad - They don&#39;t hurt anyone physically or verbally so what&#39;s wrong with them being frustrated that their team essentially screwed up? I will admit to being more than a little pissed the night of the England-France game - Mostly because England gave France the win in the last ten minutes, a great deal because in about three of the four forums I frequent the Scots started their own versions of "nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah" posts within ten minutes of the final whistle (And some people wonder why the grudge between the Scots & the English during international football events <_<). I won&#39;t repeat my responses to them, but let&#39;s just say I asked each of the forum admins to suspend my posting rights for 48 hours each as a precaution.

The football means a lot to some people for the reasons - Don&#39;t confuse them as being the ones who cause the violence regardless of the score. A lot of the newspaper investigations before Euro 2004 showed that there would be rioting anyway - They don&#39;t deserve to fly the flag. The ones who go to the tournaments, hoping that their team take on the other nations and beat them (luckily the only way it can be done in real life without going to war :)) and feel pain when their team fail, relief when they stop the opposition and euphoria when they get a goal in - They&#39;re the true fans.

As for the Renault cars, well it&#39;s all about compromise - Is a little French-cursing for a few days worth shelling out a few thousand for another car? ;) Not many people will be able to afford another and so will do what they can rather what they want to do :)

It&#39;s like what was said about the Mastercard advert - England United: Priceless ;) We barely have the chance to do it other than every two years, so at least give us this chance when we can do it without being called a racist or nationalist ;)

And at least we got into the European championships in the first place :P

Afronaut
06-20-2004, 05:30 PM
:blink: