PDA

View Full Version : Omfg!

brenda
06-20-2004, 06:14 PM
at this moment in time i am very upset and worried because ralf is sat in in his car not moving after a very bad crash :cry:

brenda
06-20-2004, 06:27 PM
now he has been put in an ambulance on a stretcher with a neck-brace on :(

and all this just one lap after Alonso had a blowout at 210mph

GepperRankins
06-20-2004, 06:29 PM
i think hes alright-ish, he looked unconsious at first but then he tried to get out of his car, so he's alive and not paralyzed

jetje
06-20-2004, 08:12 PM
well it seems to be pretty oké after all, incredible how strong the cars are. With that speed crashing and then come out alive (luckily...).

Was a good race, loved the way Sato drove. :)

chinook_apache
06-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by jetje@20 June 2004 - 20:20

Was a good race, loved the way Sato drove. :)
yeah he great :P cheeky driver, they call him 'wild'.

Ralh seems ok now while his brother has won the grand prix. getting quite repetitive with him winning like every race

user123
06-21-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by chinook_apache@20 June 2004 - 20:50
Ralh seems ok now while his brother has won the grand prix. getting quite repetitive with him winning like every race
Time for some changes in F1 before even the die hard fans lose interest ;)

java.util.Tokarev;
06-21-2004, 12:04 PM
did i hear correctly that hakkinen is thinkin about returning?
if he does it would be great...michael schumacher would have some good competition then, like the old races between the two.

Barbarossa
06-21-2004, 02:24 PM
A quarter of that "race" was a procession behind the safety car.

The rest of that "race" was... uhhh.... just a procession.

Can someone tell me again the point of this "sport"??? :blink: :blink:

jetje
06-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by barbarossa@21 June 2004 - 16:32

Can someone tell me again the point of this "sport"??? :blink: :blink:
to watch if Sato does "crazy" manouvres, that and 'how biased' the crashes make it worth the look, but indeed they need to something to improve spectacle.
My suggestion has been make racing racing again, no matter if you take a lap let them race for it and not let them pass simpple to wave a blue flag... ;)

Barbarossa
06-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by jetje+21 June 2004 - 14:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 21 June 2004 - 14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-barbarossa@21 June 2004 - 16:32

Can someone tell me again the point of this "sport"???&nbsp; :blink:&nbsp; :blink:
to watch if Sato does "crazy" manouvres, that and 'how biased' the crashes make it worth the look, but indeed they need to something to improve spectacle.
My suggestion has been make racing racing again, no matter if you take a lap let them race for it and not let them pass simpple to wave a blue flag... ;) [/b][/quote]
Actually, I have to admit, I enjoyed Alonso's performance, from 9th on the grid to 3rd at the first corner was incredible, it's a shame that he got that puncture!

leezathehoneybird
06-21-2004, 02:59 PM
Sato is a little star and I was gutted about Alonso too, both are future world champions in my eyes

-Archwolf-
06-22-2004, 04:23 PM
did i hear correctly that hakkinen is thinkin about returning?
if he does it would be great...michael schumacher would have some good competition then, like the old races between the two.

No, he denied it because he got out of f1 to spend time with his wife and child and still wants to do that

Can someone tell me again the point of this "sport"???

You just got to love it
:wub: :wub: :wub:

jetje
07-01-2004, 06:53 AM
F1 must slow down, warns Mosley
Jul 01 05:45
AAP/AFP

World motorsport head Max Mosley says Formula One cars must be made slower before someone gets seriously injured or killed.
Germany&#39;s Ralf Schumacher crashed his Williams at Indianapolis 10 days ago and could miss the rest of the season after suffering two fractures to his spine.
Sauber&#39;s Felipe Massa smashed into the tyre barriers in Montreal and the recorded impact was a massive G-force of 113.
Mosley says lap times have been slashed by as much as nine seconds over the past seven years at circuits such as Imola and Melbourne.
Formula One&#39;s technical working group has been given two months to work out changes.
One suggestion is reducing engine capacity from three litre V10s to 2.4 litre V8s and stripping out expensive electronic systems.
Schumacher, meanwhile, &#39;celebrated&#39; his birthday on Wednesday aware that he could be out for three months after his horrific high-speed crashx.
The long lay-off means the Williams driver will definitely miss the French Grand Prix at the Magny-Cours circuit on Sunday.
He will also be forced to sit out the Great Britain, German, Hungarian and Belgian Grands Prix and might not be fit until the Italian GP on September 12.
Doctors at the Bad Nauheim clinic where he was being treated said he had two fractured vertebrae and needed between eight and 12 weeks&#39; rest.
"To be honest, I imagined my birthday would be rather different," the 29-year-old said on his website.
"But so be it. What&#39;s happened has happened. The injury is worse than feared. I have to get through it."
The BMW Williams driver suffered a horrific collision on June 20 when his car spun out of control and slammed backwards into a wall at 300kmh in Indianapolis before coming to a standstill in the middle of the racetrack.
"There&#39;d be nothing worse than coming back too soon. Ralf has all the time to get back to 100 percent," said the driver&#39;s agent Willi Weber.
The German driver, who stands ninth in the championship with 12 points and who won the 2003 race around the Magny-Cours circuit, will be replaced by Spanish test driver Marc Gene in France.
Owner Frank Williams remained confident that his team will remain competitive with Gene behind the wheel of their FW26 race car.
"I wish Ralf well for a full recovery, and I hope to see him back racing before the end of the season," he said.
"In the meantime, we are fortunate to have a driver of Marc&#39;s calibre to fill the void."
The Spanish-born driver - who competed in 34 Formula One Grand Prix&#39;s with the Minardi team during the 1999 and 2000 seasons - is hoping an impressive performance at Magny-Cours will lead to an extended run with the team if Schumacher agrees to join Toyota for the 2005 season.
"It is a shame that opportunities only come along when one of my colleagues has endured some kind of misadventure, but it is my job to make the best of such circumstances and ensure the team is not compromised by Ralf&#39;s absence," said Gene.
"I have raced at Magny-Cours before, and I have clocked up thousands of kilometres in the FW26, so hopefully this will provide the basis for a good performance in France this weekend."
Schumacher is negotiating with Toyota for the 2005 season and his move from Williams might be announced at Silverstone on July 11

source (http://afr.com/articles/2004/07/01/1088488052805.html)

java.util.Tokarev;
07-01-2004, 03:59 PM
NOOOOOOOO... i hope that ^^^^ doesnt happen, noone will watch it anymore unless they got a few tricks up there sleeve to make more overtaking instead. anyway i like watching the high speed crashes :rolleyes: