PDA

View Full Version : Zone Alarm Pro & Counter Strike Problems..

Schmiggy_JK23
03-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Hey people.

I seem to have issue when I play counter strike, and run my firewall, zappro at the same time.

When I play, with the firewall on, my movements are somewhat jerky, and laggy, not responsive... is this just a draw back of running the firewall at the time... some setting in the firewall i can change? Id like to be able to run both, but alas... performance over security, lol... so i shut it off when i play, (then its fine) and normally forget to turn it back on.

ANy tips?

the-ninja69
03-19-2003, 01:15 AM
How about throw away Zone Alarm Pro it is a piece of crap. That should help. It provides no security. Has many holes and is easy for hackers to get threw. Get BlackIce if u can; way better than Zone Alarm. Way back when i had Zone Aarm i had nothing but problems.

Wolfmight
03-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by the-ninja69@19 March 2003 - 02:15
How about throw away Zone Alarm Pro it is a piece of crap. That should help. It provides no security. Has many holes and is easy for hackers to get threw. Get BlackIce if u can; way better than Zone Alarm. Way back when i had Zone Aarm i had nothing but problems.
notice: way back*
The new version of Zone Alarm Pro is pretty good. I got a version that works with the router here so it's been going great.. no connection problems at all.

the-ninja69
03-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Woldmight i think your defination of good is that it works wow it works. I mean really dont u want security? ZAP provides none!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

TheMan1891
03-20-2003, 04:19 AM
Kerio is pretty good i use both it and Zone Alarm. Stay the hell away from the Pro verison though. Its horrible.