PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 4 Release

lightshow
06-21-2004, 05:46 PM
I was looking at suprnova and I noticed that the game Silent Hill 4 was one there about 2.2 GB

It's description is this -
Silent Hill 4 Full DVD JAP/ENG

Now, when I hopped over to IRC to see if it was on there too, I saw that it was released by Orgasm

silent hill 4 the room jap ps2 dvd orgasm part1

Now, since the suprnova one said ENG, do you think that there is a chance that it is actually in English. I know it's a long shot but...

:o

And I'm downloading it right now (the one one irc because the bots can max out my bandwidth) so I can tell you a definate answer and hopefully not make a foreign coaster :lol:

Guyver
06-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Release Date: 09/07/2004
not out till september buddy <_<
But i do know there is a jap version out, no english im afraid
answer ur question ;) :lol :P

lightshow
06-22-2004, 07:26 AM
Wait&#33;&#33;&#33;

I just checked Orgasm&#39;s Nfo and they added this url:

h&&p://www.playasia.com/paOS-13-71-43-70-424-4-14.html

Now on this site I noticed this

A new Silent Hill adventure, where terror comes to your room&nbsp;
•&nbsp; Horrific new monsters, including spirits that can attack through walls&nbsp;
•&nbsp; Expansive areas to explore, including a forest, prison, and hotel&nbsp;
•&nbsp; A cast of mysterious new characters&nbsp;
•&nbsp; Language: English/Japanese (selectable)

I think it will work :D :D :D and since the Jap version is NTSC all should be good&#33;

Salajan
06-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey i have a qs did Silent Hill 4 is good?

Guyver
06-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by lightshow@22 June 2004 - 07:34
Wait&#33;&#33;&#33;

I just checked Orgasm&#39;s Nfo and they added this url:

h&&p://www.playasia.com/paOS-13-71-43-70-424-4-14.html

Now on this site I noticed this

A new Silent Hill adventure, where terror comes to your room&nbsp;
•&nbsp; Horrific new monsters, including spirits that can attack through walls&nbsp;
•&nbsp; Expansive areas to explore, including a forest, prison, and hotel&nbsp;
•&nbsp; A cast of mysterious new characters&nbsp;
•&nbsp; Language: English/Japanese (selectable)

I think it will work :D :D :D and since the Jap version is NTSC all should be good&#33;

Compatible with PlayStation2™
For JAP/Asian systems only.

lightshow
06-23-2004, 04:33 AM
I talked to a friend in another forum, and he has the file and he told me that you can choose either a Japanese or English Dialogue and if you choose English, the menu&#39;s/config screens are written in English also&#33;

I just downloaded Orgasm&#39;s release, but I had a corrupt file for part .004, so I&#39;m redownloading that file. Hopefully it will pass the crc check this time :rolleyes:

@ Salajan - If you have never played any of the Silent Hill series and like the Horror genre, this is one of the best, in my opinion, of the genre. So yeah, it&#39;s good. That&#39;s why I&#39;m so excited I&#39;m getting it like 3 months early&#33;

Tormentor
06-23-2004, 04:50 AM
Dont forget to tell us how it is, just incase you can&#39;t stop playing it. :lol:

Guyver
06-23-2004, 06:36 PM
pretty weird that this was just at e3 and its already on the net, but good luck, ill wait for a pc release :D

Dark Ride
06-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Guyver2003@23 June 2004 - 18:44
pretty weird that this was just at e3 and its already on the net, but good luck, ill wait for a pc release :D
Me too :rolleyes:

lightshow
06-24-2004, 04:30 AM
I just got it (most of it off mIRC and the rest (a couple of missing .rar&#39;s) off of the silent hill 4 torrent @ suprnova)

I burned it on DVD and the entire thing is in English (voices and text) except for the part that says "this game has explicit scenes of violence and gore :P " That part is in Japanese.

Otherwise, the rest of the game is in English text by default and in the Options screen (in english text by default) you can change voices to Japanese or English.

It&#39;s sweeeeeeeeeeeet&#33; Now I have two horror games to play : this and Fatal Frame II&#33;

I think it is kinda wierd though that this is the actual Japanese Release and most of it is in English... English is really taking the world over.

Manny Roscoe
06-24-2004, 05:34 AM
Screen Caps of the whole game. (http://gallery.felixmcli.org/gallery/sh4-caps)

Salajan
06-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by lightshow@22 June 2004 - 19:41
I talked to a friend in another forum, and he has the file and he told me that you can choose either a Japanese or English Dialogue and if you choose English, the menu&#39;s/config screens are written in English also&#33;

I just downloaded Orgasm&#39;s release, but I had a corrupt file for part .004, so I&#39;m redownloading that file. Hopefully it will pass the crc check this time :rolleyes:

@ Salajan - If you have never played any of the Silent Hill series and like the Horror genre, this is one of the best, in my opinion, of the genre. So yeah, it&#39;s good. That&#39;s why I&#39;m so excited I&#39;m getting it like 3 months early&#33;
OK man right now i play Counter-strike like all days since 2001 :P so i think ill like it :rolleyes: