PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Check For The Following?

robnyt
06-21-2004, 09:43 PM
Try to open a site and get "The page cannot be displayed". Then Iasked to try the following: To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

How do I check what the LAN and ISP numbers should be? :helpsmile:

threelions00
06-21-2004, 09:55 PM
did you def type it right? i reckon there must be a prob with the site if anything, not you...but i could be wrong...

i don't thin your lan settings would be wrong cos you got to this page...

tesco
06-21-2004, 11:11 PM
ya, if it's oly that one page then it very very likely is NOT a problem with teh lan settings, im almost certain it isn't.

tell us teh site so we can see if it works for anyone else.

robnyt
06-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Not just one site. I get this on A LOT of pages I try opening. HOWEVER, I think a clue might be that these are not pages where I type in the address but rather pop-up links. I have Panicware PopUp Stopper. That stated, when I hold the Control button down these pages should run (because I want them to). Weird :blink:

Also weird that I DIDN'T get email notification of your kind replys to my question. That ususally works too.

kaiweiler
06-22-2004, 02:14 PM
is it on any certain domain? like is it when you type www.*******.tk or www.******.net or anything in particular?

tesco
06-22-2004, 03:33 PM
disable\uninstall the popup blocker to see if that solves your problem. If it does then either switch to a new program, or reinstall the old one and see if u can get it configured properly.