PDA

View Full Version : Build Info From The Desktop

Wizzandabe
03-18-2003, 12:40 PM
if i remove the build info from the desktop what will happen. beause a little birdy told me do not attempt to remove the build info from the desktop because if you do and restart windows will give you an error that states it cannot reteive the activational status and will fail to start.

what is the build info?

Razz
03-18-2003, 01:16 PM
if u do a screenshot of ur desktop i can point it out to u if u have it on there
but all it is is some text saying wot version u are using etc

skelley521
03-18-2003, 02:21 PM
The website with step by step instructions is down, but yes, I believe that you Do Not remove.

Did you run TweakNT and check remove timebomb and restart.
And winxp_crk in safe mode as administrator.......reboot into normal mode....and then do the activation work around; simular to the xp pro one.

Wizzandabe
03-18-2003, 03:54 PM
http://www.winsupersite.com/images/reviews/long4008_067.gif

but ant the writing built into the wallpaer or is it a bit of text that sorta flots over (any) wallpaper. say i was to make up my own piece of wallpaper will it still be on there.

if yes then there isant any way of getting rid of it. unless you konw realy what you are doing.

Eatchipz
03-18-2003, 04:29 PM
wizzandabe: Were did u get the Windows Longhorn dude

skelley521
03-18-2003, 05:37 PM
cool.....now lets see more :D

I have my copy with all the extra goodies to set up and go on-line, but I keep giving away all of my test machines to plp that need a 'puter. I am about to tell the wife her machine mysteriously broke down and she will have to use mine for now :P

slammy_dunken
03-19-2003, 12:54 AM
this isnt actually pointless.

you cant remove the build info. itll destroy the entire OS and youll have to do a clean install. you could try to hide it. here's what you do:

Right Click the Desktop, hover over Arrange Icons By, and then uncheck Show Desktop Icons.

But be careful. it might not work.

"The Avatar Man"
03-19-2003, 01:06 AM
how many times has that crashed on you? :P