PDA

View Full Version : Gmail Slow

hungrylilboy
06-22-2004, 09:41 AM
does ne one else find it really slow logging into gmail. I am on adsl and it acts like a dial up.

then sometimes, when it finally loads the page, the bit where u log in, isnt there..

ne one else had this? nething i can do?

just noticed as well that if i change from google.com (for search engine) to something else, it loads a lot lot quicker

Salajan
06-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Hey man did u try hotmail? very good www.hotmail.com
:) , u can have msn messenger and u click imbox after he gose in ur imbox auto and if u are on msn messenger and some1 send u an mail u click on the mail and he gose to the mail :o :lol: if u want to go to Sign Up section click here (https://registernet.passport.net/reg.srf?id=2&lc=1033&sl=1)

chinook_apache
06-22-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by hungrylilboy@22 June 2004 - 09:49
does ne one else find it really slow logging into gmail. I am on adsl and it acts like a dial up.

then sometimes, when it finally loads the page, the bit where u log in, isnt there..

ne one else had this? nething i can do?

just noticed as well that if i change from google.com (for search engine) to something else, it loads a lot lot quicker
gmail is super fast comapred to other mail services i have used. i dunno what the prob is...works great for me! :rolleyes:

tesco
06-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Gmail is veyr fast for me.

I find that hotmail goes SO SLOW all teh time, same with www.msn.com\ca or any other microsoft site for that matter. too bloated.

google searches like instantly, and gmail is also very fast.

maybe our having browser problems? what browser u use?

hungrylilboy
06-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@22 June 2004 - 21:12

I find that hotmail goes SO SLOW all teh time, same with www.msn.com\ca or any other microsoft site for that matter. too bloated.

on IE. just been playing around.
google.com loads very slowly whereas google.co.uk, google.fr etc etc load very fast.

thus am thinking as gmail is gmail.google.com this is why it loads slowly.

but still dont know why. have emailed them and await a reply

@Salajan...you having a laugh mate? <_<

RGX
06-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Salajan@22 June 2004 - 20:40
:) , u can have msn messenger and u click imbox after he gose in ur imbox auto and if u are on msn messenger and some1 send u an mail u click on the mail and he gose to the mail :o :lol: if u want to go to Sign Up section click here (https://registernet.passport.net/reg.srf?id=2&lc=1033&sl=1)
Gmail has 1 gig (1024Mb) of storage.

Nuff said.

Salajan
06-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by hungrylilboy+22 June 2004 - 12:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hungrylilboy @ 22 June 2004 - 12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@22 June 2004 - 21:12

I find that hotmail goes SO SLOW all teh time, same with www.msn.com&#092;ca or any other microsoft site for that matter. too bloated.

on IE. just been playing around.
google.com loads very slowly whereas google.co.uk, google.fr etc etc load very fast.

thus am thinking as gmail is gmail.google.com this is why it loads slowly.

but still dont know why. have emailed them and await a reply

@Salajan...you having a laugh mate? <_< [/b][/quote]
llol yeah

downloadgeek
06-22-2004, 10:04 PM
gmail is going really slow for me also. probably due to the amount of traffic, thousands of ppl are getting invites every hour now.

Sp-Am
06-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by RGX+22 June 2004 - 21:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX @ 22 June 2004 - 21:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Salajan@22 June 2004 - 20:40
:) , u can have msn messenger and u click imbox after he gose in ur imbox auto and if u are on msn messenger and some1 send u an mail u click on the mail and he gose to the mail :o&nbsp; :lol: if u want&nbsp; to go to Sign Up section click here (https://registernet.passport.net/reg.srf?id=2&lc=1033&sl=1)
Gmail has 1 gig (1024Mb) of storage.

Nuff said. [/b][/quote]
Not exactly. It&#39;s just 1000MB.

Cheese
06-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Salajan@22 June 2004 - 20:40
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, that&#39;s funny.

hungrylilboy
06-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by downloadgeek@22 June 2004 - 22:12
gmail is going really slow for me also. probably due to the amount of traffic, thousands of ppl are getting invites every hour now.
seems to be speeding up for me now, but only if i click my fav link to it, then refresh after a few pips have loaded... strange. once it gets to the inbox, it is dead fast and i do like it. its just getting into it&#33;

will be dishing out my invites when i get them so be nice to me&#33; :D