PDA

View Full Version : Discipline In Class

vidcc
06-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Ok this is unacceptable but the fact that the student complied shows the respect he has for his teacher...... The gift of knowledge is a precious thing, if it were not for these fine educators i would not be where i am today.

Pupil who fell asleep told to write in own blood
By Julian Ryall in Tokyo

A Japanese boy who fell asleep in class was ordered to write an essay in his own blood as an apology to his teacher.

The 17-year-old was given a boxcutter and a piece of paper and told by the teacher to write "not in pencil, but in blood" because he was not sufficiently repentant.

The boy sliced open the index finger on his left hand and used the blood as ink.

"To ask a student to write in their own blood is something that I just can't imagine," said Hiroaki Dan, headmaster of the school in Fukuoka, southern Japan.

The 40-year-old teacher - who has not been named - has apologised to the boy and his parents. He is expected to resume teaching this week.

In the past teachers, referred to as "churchmen", have traditionally been held in high esteem by Japanese society. This incident will further damage a profession whose reputation is already reeling.

In recent months, several teachers have been arrested for having sex with their students. Another was sacked after taking his students on a field trip to a massage parlour.

danyj
06-22-2004, 04:40 PM
That is sad. This is what the world has come to today. I can't believe it. He should be fired, or atleast get beaten up by all the kids in his class :lol: But seriously i never knew this was happening.

james_bond_rulez
06-22-2004, 04:45 PM
maybe this seems harsh to you americans but this is the way in the early times of Japanese school system. Discipline like this is commonplace.

This sort of discipline is probably not the best for the students but in asia, teachers are held in high esteem and school will not fire teachers for matters like these

BigBank_Hank
06-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Could you imagine what would have happened to the teacher if this had happened in the US? There would be people calling for the death penalty for her.

I used to have a teacher in High School that had a great way of dealing with people who fell asleep in her class. What she would do is once you’d fall asleep she would take a picture of you and put it up on the wall so all the other classes that she taught could see. It was embarrassing to say the least, but even though it was embarrassing I had more than one picture on that wall :lol:

vidcc
06-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@22 June 2004 - 09:56
Could you imagine what would have happened to the teacher if this had happened in the US? There would be people calling for the death penalty for her.

I used to have a teacher in High School that had a great way of dealing with people who fell asleep in her class. What she would do is once you’d fall asleep she would take a picture of you and put it up on the wall so all the other classes that she taught could see. It was embarrassing to say the least, but even though it was embarrassing I had more than one picture on that wall :lol:
it wasn't the fact that you were asleep it was the drool from the corner of your mouth :lol: :lol: Oh and the tape recording where you sleep talked and said "vote democrat" :lol: :lol: :lol:

you still spending all day at the beach? been quiet lately

BigBank_Hank
06-22-2004, 05:13 PM
No matter how many subliminal messages were played I still couldn’t vote for a democrat :D

I’ve been quiet as of late because of President Bush’s booming economy has kept me busy :P :lol: , although I wish I still were at the beach.

vidcc
06-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@22 June 2004 - 10:21
President Bush’s booming
yes we have heard a lot of booms, well other countries have since he took office :lol:

BigBank_Hank
06-22-2004, 05:31 PM
There you go quoting out of context again a typical move of a democrat :D

Do I still get first dibs when you need some help to vote for Bush in November?

vidcc
06-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@22 June 2004 - 10:39
There you go quoting out of context again a typical move of a democrat :D

Do I still get first dibs when you need some help to vote for Bush in November?
Never i tell you NEVER :angry:

Why do i get the feeling that this mans picture is up on the wall as well ? :lol: :lol:

http://www.jackbishop.com/images/iq.jpg

S!X
06-22-2004, 08:12 PM
man thats so stupid i woulda took that box cutter and slit the teachers throat that whore. :ph34r:

BigBank_Hank
06-22-2004, 08:19 PM
What’s amazing about that list is (if accurate) is that Clinton was the smartest President. But he wasn’t smart enough not to get caught “not having sexual relations with that woman”.

One cheap shot deserves another eh ;)

vidcc
06-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@22 June 2004 - 13:27
What’s amazing about that list is (if accurate) is that Clinton was the smartest President. But he wasn’t smart enough not to get caught “not having sexual relations with that woman”.

One cheap shot deserves another eh ;)
even einstien made mistakes.... rather a trouser mistake that harmed nobody than....... well that's a different story :lol: :lol:

Biggles
06-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by mofos@22 June 2004 - 20:20
man thats so stupid i woulda took that box cutter and slit the teachers throat that whore. :ph34r:
:lol:

Perhaps highlighting the extremes of two divergent cultures. Neither looking especially attractive I might add.

Eduction is highly respected in Japan and to fall asleep in class would be a considerable loss of face. Hence the acceptance of the punishment on the part of the student. We are looking at this from a perspective that sits outwith the culture and consequently cannot fully appreciate that reactions of all concerned.

Personally, I think there is too much pressure placed on Asian students to succeed, but, on the other hand, one can take the foot off the gas a little too much; as I frequently point out to my own kids (with only limited success) . It was not so long ago in the UK that falling asleep in class would have resulted in some dire (and usually painful) punishment.

BigBank_Hank
06-23-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by vidcc@22 June 2004 - 15:58
rather a trouser mistake that harmed nobody than....... well that's a different story :lol: :lol:
I guess the only casualty from that is one stained blue dress.

Oh wait a minute I forgot about the whole purgery and impeachment thing, but no harm no foul I guess.

Donnie Darko
06-23-2004, 07:05 AM
Happy im not in Japan.

UcanRock2
06-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko@23 June 2004 - 00:13
Happy im not in Japan.
No shit...

Got my hand thumped with a ruler, stood in the corner allot, and my ass beat.

That takes the cake/blood

longboneslinger
06-29-2004, 12:33 AM
Jeeeeezz........in the US they'ed not only fire the psycho, but arreat her for 'child abuse'. I never fell asleep in class cuz after they whipped my ass, they'd call my dad. He worked nights so he was home. He' get up and come to school and whip my ass for what I did THEN he'd whip my ass again for waking him up to whip my ass :blink: Then when I got home, my mom would propably whip my ass and ground me. Thats 3-4 asswhippings in one day plus being grounded. I stayed awake. :01:

I guess the only casualty from that is one stained blue dress.

Oh wait a minute I forgot about the whole purgery and impeachment thing, but no harm no foul I guess.

Don't forget Cossavo. Every time Monica's ugly face jumped back on the front page, Billy-the Chinese dissedent-Clinton started blowing shit up. He was praised for it though. Why? I dunno........

vidcc
06-29-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@22 June 2004 - 18:54
didn't notice that hank but i did point out in another thread....please tell the class what the outcome was ?.

Was he found guilty or not guilty? :D

The Answer is why i didn't tend to debate it. The pointing finger of accusation is not the same as guilt.