PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Tell How Far Along The Queue I Am?

Sparkle1984
06-22-2004, 04:53 PM
I was just wondering, when you have requested a file from someone, how can you tell when you are moving up the queue?

I know when you first make the request, it gives you a number like queues 14/20, but once you have started the request, how do you know when you are moving up a place in the queue, so you have an idea of how long you have to wait before th download starts?

mooseman2070
06-22-2004, 05:42 PM
the bot tells at random, if the bot is being hammered, it takes a bit to tell you. by "a bit", it could be an hour, or more. but there is no command to tell you

S!X
06-22-2004, 07:13 PM
it usually says in the window that ur currently in queue # whatever

Sparkle1984
06-22-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm not even sure if I did it right, as I never saw my queue # in the window. I was on TMD Moviez for several hours, and yet I never received a single byte.
I followed their rules for searching for the film using the @find command, and then several boxes popped up of people who have the film. I chose one which had a queue of 14/20, and keyed in the trigger phrase. Then I got back a red message with the person's name in it, and nothing seemed to happen after that.

If you've ever used TMD, do you know what could have happened?

Titus808
06-23-2004, 04:40 AM
do you have xdcc klipper (or something like it) It tells you how far in the queue you are (and then some) :D http://xdccklipper.sourceforge.net I think that's the site, just download it and follow the readme, it's really cool.

lightshow
06-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Usually if I have to wait in que, I leave it alone for a couple hours and when I want to see how far along in the que I am, I just scroll up and look for the red/burgendy text. It is usually easy to spot and the color is only used to display your que status.

Another thing you can do is do a Find (alt f) and search for "you have been qued" and search up until you find the last time the bot said it.

X

Hawk

Sp-Am
06-26-2004, 05:49 AM
When the bot actually "tells" you something, it's never accurate.

Sparkle1984
06-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Ok thanks for the advice,I'll try your tips next time. :)