PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

mojo2185
06-23-2004, 05:56 AM
First off, I downloaded the stable version of BitTornado.

Now, I'm stuck behind a yellow light, any tips on fixing this? The FAQ mentioned being firewalled, but I have absolutely no clue how to be unfirewalled. I'm using ZoneAlarm. Is this adjusted through Port Forwarding?

Other than that, I'm probably ok.
One more question though, I desperately needed this one program, and this one site had it. filelist(dot)org are they legit, or am I going to end up in jail?

Thanks for any help!

Broken
06-23-2004, 07:02 AM
The site appears to be what it says, I see nothing wrong.

The most common firewall that people with BT most often have trouble with is windows built in firewall.
Go to start/control panel/network connections/

then right click your network connection go to propeties then advance
make sure where it says internet connections firewall isn't checked.

mojo2185
06-23-2004, 11:40 PM
Ok problem fixed.

I got a new question though. Everytime I use Bittornado (and now i'm currently trying azureus), it freezes the computer when I attempt to use other applications, especially internet explorer. I've heard that certain clients don't like ZoneAlarm, and the two that I'm trying are among those. Does anyone know of any clients that work ok with ZoneAlarm?

Thanks for any help!

rf9rider
06-24-2004, 04:11 AM
Filelist.org is a good BT site. Ive been a member for a while and have had no problems with it.
They operate a ratio system which means the more you share, the better the d/l.

nykobing
06-24-2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by mojo2185@23 June 2004 - 15:48
Ok problem fixed.

I got a new question though. Everytime I use Bittornado (and now i'm currently trying azureus), it freezes the computer when I attempt to use other applications, especially internet explorer. I've heard that certain clients don't like ZoneAlarm, and the two that I'm trying are among those. Does anyone know of any clients that work ok with ZoneAlarm?

Thanks for any help!
Zone Alarm 5 was doing what you describe to my computer too. I went back to 4.5XX and it is workign fine now. zlsSetup_45_594_000.exe is sitll on their webpage.

Voetsek
06-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Bittornado i use that starnge but on some sites i get yellow and on the same site it goes green checked my set up very odd

mojo2185
06-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Good to know that filelist is a legit place.

As far as my connection goes: I'm now using Azureus, and I've switched from ZoneAlarm to Sygate Personal Firewall. No more connection issues.

Thanks for the help guys

bilko
06-24-2004, 03:18 PM
please read the pins on Bit torrent

the colours dont just relate to connecting to a torrent or not
its all about if people are sharing with u - yellow/green
or if there is a complete torrent being shared - blue
and of course red which i think means you've got no chance of getting this one cubby as there is no peers or seeds.

i really like bt, imho i thinks its a lot better than kazaa and even mirc when u connet to a good swarm, i got a a great dvdr site that really is good