View Full Version : K-lite Search..."action Cancelled....."

mrlessk
06-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Hi,
Windows XP Home
IE6/Firefox 0.8
K-Lite v 2.6 RC22
KZN 1.4.8

I just recently installed KL v2.6. RC22 (upgraded from v 2.4.3)

I'm noticing that when I first open the K-Lite program (I have default set to open on Traffic page) and then go to the Search page I get this (see screen-shot)....here (http://home.ripway.com/2003-12/44474/KLSearchactioncancelled.png)

The downloads in the Traffic page are in-progress and downloading normally.

I've tried to restart KL and even reboot my OS but, I get the same display.

This is not a job stop because if I enter something in the Search bar the Search button becomes activated and I can begin a Search.

Any suggestions as to why I get the Action Cancelled error message?

Now, the following info is, I'm quite sure, related to this.....

After installing KL 2.6 I ran Spybot and Ad-aware scans.
Spybot found no problems.
Ad-aware found this:
POSSIBLE BROWSER HIJACK ATTEMPT
obj=[0]=RegKey: Software/K++

I have moved this object to Ad-aware Quarantine until I get suggestions.

I'm thinking I should just add it to the Ad-aware "Ignore List"??
But, I await an opinion from the more experienced.

Thanks for any help,
mrlessk :)

nsane
06-23-2004, 06:07 PM
yes, just add it to your ignore list ;)

as for the screen shot..turn on the webserver in Options > Khancer Options...

Voetsek
06-23-2004, 06:10 PM
or try a older version i like the older 2.43 but thats me my choice weeeeeeee

nsane
06-23-2004, 06:19 PM
1. all he/she needs to do is turn on the webserver ;)
2. its an adaware &#39;bug&#39;, not K-Lite <_<

no reason to downgrade :P

mrlessk
06-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by nsane+23 June 2004 - 10:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nsane &#064; 23 June 2004 - 10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>yes, just add it to your ignore list ;)
as for the screen shot..turn on the webserver in Options > Khancer Options...[/b]
Success&#33;

I deleted the Quarantined Object from my Adaware.
Rescanned.
Ad-aware found object again.
I added it to Ignore List.
Scanned once more with Ad-aware

Restarting K-Lite didn&#39;t return the normal Search page.
I had to restart my Windows XP then the Search page was normal.

..turn on the webserver in Options > Khancer Options
I think I already had that set, but take a look please....
http://home.ripway.com/2003-12/44474/KHancerStartpage.png

So I won&#39;t have to start a new thread, can someone answer this....
In my former K-Lite++ 2.4.3 I could set a minimize to System Tray (a DOT) instead of having a large minimized button in Taskbar....
http://home.ripway.com/2003-12/44474/KLMinimize.png

Is there a way to do this in KL 2.6??

Thanks for all your help nsane,

<!--QuoteBegin-Voetsek
or try a older version i like the older 2.4.3 but that&#39;s my choice weeeeeeee[/quote]
Actually, I just upgraded from K-Lite 2.4.3. I was having problems with KaZuperNodes 1.4.7 not connecting so I decided to upgrade to 2.6 RC22 which, so far, has fixed that problem.

So far, &#39;cept for some minor issues like the one I posted here, it&#39;s working fine.

cheers, :beerchug:
mrlessk

Lite
06-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Hmmm, strange. The webserver sometimes doesnt replace the error pages, try re-starting your pc and/or K-Lite. This should fix it, if not, make sure you have no other apps using port 80 at the k-lite start up.

You cannot (currently) have the four-button system as in KLK++ 2.4.3, you can however click the "x" in the corrner and that will send k-lite to the tray ;)

mrlessk
06-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Lite+23 June 2004 - 13:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite &#064; 23 June 2004 - 13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You cannot (currently) have the four-button system as in KLK++ 2.4.3, you can however click the "x" in the corrner and that will send k-lite to the tray&nbsp; ;)[/b]
Nice&#33; Does the same job. I didn&#39;t try that because I assumed it would close (exit) the program completely.
So then, in order to exit the program completely I either go to File>Exit or right-click on the system tray Icon>Exit?
I can live with that.

Originally posted by Lite@
Hmmm, strange. The webserver sometimes doesnt replace the error pages, try re-starting your pc and/or K-Lite. This should fix it, if not, make sure you have no other apps using port 80 at the k-lite start up.
<!--QuoteBegin-mrlessk
Restarting K-Lite didn&#39;t return the normal Search page.
I had to restart my Windows XP then the Search page was normal.[/quote]
Yep, as I mentioned I had to restart the computer for the Search page to not have the "Action Cancelled...." message after doing the Ad-aware thing.

Is that what you are referring to Lite?

Noob question I know, but I have to ask....how would you check to see what other Programs might be using Port 80?
I have ZoneAlarm 5.0. Is there a quick way to check? I don&#39;t know, never had to do it.

Thanks much for your reply Lite, &#39;preciate it&#33;
mrlessk :)

Lite
06-24-2004, 10:29 AM
To actually shutdown k-lite, yes you have to click the system tray or as you said file >exit.

Yes i am. K-Lite also has an alternate method for enabling custom pages, so you really shouldnt get the error page :blink: (but the alternate method is alot slower).

I dont have much experiance with Zone Alarm, so i couldnt tell you how to check, but like i said, this shouldnt happen. Just let me know if you get it again. :)