PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Champ
06-24-2004, 12:31 AM
My computers workin now (im posting this from my new computer right now... i still have to get an activation key for Microsoft XP Home Edition... Yes Rossco but i like home and im used to it... however i have the sp1 disc and cant install... but well leave that to another day

how do you set a cd drive for auto run?

thanks alot guys especially

Rossco_2004, Clocker, BiggdawgFoxx, VB and Kai

sorry if i forgot you

tesco
06-24-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Champ@23 June 2004 - 19:39
My computers workin now (im posting this from my new computer right now... i still have to get an activation key for Microsoft XP Home Edition... Yes Rossco but i like home and im used to it... however i have the sp1 disc and cant install... but well leave that to another day

how do you set a cd drive for auto run?

thanks alot guys especially

Rossco_2004, Clocker, BiggdawgFoxx, VB and Kai

sorry if i forgot you
cd drive should already be set to autorun :unsure:

i think it takes a registry tweak, or use tweakui, to change it...just download tweakui and look around for a setting.

kaiweiler
06-24-2004, 12:50 AM
No problem Champ!
Glad you got it goin!

What happens when you try to install SP1??

lynx
06-24-2004, 01:44 AM
If you've got a pirate key which is known to M$, you can't install SP1.

For this reason I believe you can't install SP1 until you've activated the product.

Champ
06-24-2004, 01:55 AM
i cant activate it i need an activation code for windows XP home edition please thankyou

a patch where it doesnt need to reg would be nice too lol

tesco
06-24-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Champ@23 June 2004 - 21:03
i cant activate it i need an activation code for windows XP home edition please thankyou

a patch where it doesnt need to reg would be nice too lol
If you have high speed internet, easiest to just download and install xp corp...no acitivation problems.

Why are you so afraid of using corp? what u like so much about home? it's teh same thing...

Virtualbody1234
06-24-2004, 03:06 AM
I suggest you get a copy of Windows XP Corporate Edition slipstreamed with SP1. That way you install with SP1 already there and there isn't any activation with the Corp Edition.

If you are used to Home Edition then you will be completely comfortable with the Corp Edition which is the same but just adds a few more features.

clocker
06-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Champ,
I fail to appreciate your attachment to XP Home edition.
Home is just a crippled version of Pro/Corp.
XP Pro installed with a Corp key needs no activation and you'll notice no difference with the GUI.
Everything will be exactly the same, there is just a bit more of it to play with.
Image Resized
[img]http://koti.mbnet.fi/merediac/kuvat/PiratedEdition.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://koti.mbnet.fi/merediac/kuvat/PiratedEdition.jpg')

tesco
06-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by clocker@24 June 2004 - 07:34
Champ,
I fail to appreciate your attachment to XP Home edition.
Home is just a crippled version of Pro/Corp.
XP Pro installed with a Corp key needs no activation and you'll notice no difference with the GUI.
Everything will be exactly the same, there is just a bit more of it to play with.
Image Resized
Image Resized
[img]http://koti.mbnet.fi/merediac/kuvat/PiratedEdition.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> (http://koti.mbnet.fi/merediac/kuvat/PiratedEdition.jpg)
That's my login screen :D

Damn styleXP installed it without me knowing :angry: :rolleyes:

bigdawgfoxx
06-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@23 June 2004 - 21:14
I suggest you get a copy of Windows XP Corporate Edition slipstreamed with SP1. That way you install with SP1 already there and there isn't any activation with the Corp Edition.

I have the slipstreamed windows xp pro sp1 cd...no activation code..its awesome

Virtualbody1234
06-24-2004, 11:51 PM
As soon as the Service Pack 2 is final i'll be making a new slipstreamed CD. :)