PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Needed!

hungrylilboy
06-24-2004, 11:42 AM
i have a virus of somekind but cant find it

virtually every running service has to close down after an error after starting up.

the cpu is over 90% all the time

all my exes seem to have been un-installed so wont open

things seem to have gone back in time, as if i have used a system restore (i havent)

i dont have any system restores left. they have all been deleted

i cant open adaware, spybot, avast or most things.

pls help!

edit. running online trend scan now

edit 2. when i start up, some programs open a c prompt before crashing. if i try to open others eg avast, it again opens a c prompt before saying error, must close etc.

help!

TheRealDave
06-24-2004, 12:11 PM
i would recommend the nod32 scanner.. i will try and find a link to it :)

hungrylilboy
06-24-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave@24 June 2004 - 12:19
i would recommend the nod32 scanner.. i will try and find a link to it :)
thanks mate. i added some more to my first post about it opening c prompts

100%
06-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Sounds bad
Have you tried starting in safe mode?
and trying to find and remove any weird start up programs?

hungrylilboy
06-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@24 June 2004 - 12:28
Sounds bad
have looked for strange programs running and nothing.

when i start up isa.exe (microsoft office) is using a lot of resources as is isstart.exe (logitech), so i close these down which allows me to use the pc as the cpu is back to normal.

but nothing else will open, as i said all open in c prompt, which then close and i get the error message. Its just told me as well that it cant load msn plus, as i need a version higher than 4.1, i am running 6.2....!

what can i do if i start in safe mode? i mean i dont know what do delete if i do that...

manker
06-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by hungrylilboy+24 June 2004 - 12:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hungrylilboy @ 24 June 2004 - 12:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Zedaxax@24 June 2004 - 12:28
Sounds bad
have looked for strange programs running and nothing.

when i start up isa.exe (microsoft office) is using a lot of resources as is isstart.exe (logitech), so i close these down which allows me to use the pc as the cpu is back to normal.

but nothing else will open, as i said all open in c prompt, which then close and i get the error message. Its just told me as well that it cant load msn plus, as i need a version higher than 4.1, i am running 6.2....&#33;

what can i do if i start in safe mode? i mean i dont know what do delete if i do that... [/b][/quote]
well thats the trouble, if you&#39;re in safe mode there isnt a lot you can do, especially if you&#39;re not sure what the problem is, cause you can&#39;t connect to the net. I&#39;ve searched google and found nothing that sounds like the problem you have.

If you have a back-up PC then use that to try and diagnose the problem by searching for information because it sounds like you&#39;re doing more damage just by using the infected PC.

The reason I say this is because recently I had a destructive virus that killed executables and the longer I kept the computer plugged in and in use, the more programs it destroyed.

hungrylilboy
06-24-2004, 12:32 PM
well trend didnt find nething so here goes on a re-install.

thanks for ur help neway

see u in a few hours or so :(

100%
06-24-2004, 12:39 PM
It could be tons of things.

so when you startup you dont get cprompts correct?

Here is registrycleaner (3.83mb): http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=73D9CDB...21A91ECD5E2BD44 (http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=73D9CDB98B55C00B621A91ECD5E2BD44)
run it and check if you have anything weird under "startup list".

What if you start a program directly thru program files and not via the short cut - same problem?

If all else fails you can always try a chkdsk repair
and if that dont help the final solution is simply repair install windows.

Its not a major crisis yet.

So the virus scanners didnt find anything?

hungrylilboy
06-24-2004, 08:20 PM
back with a new install of windows

what a complete disaster

whatever virus i had deleted every single .exe, .mp3, .avi, .mpeg in about an hour. never seen nething like it.

tesco
06-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by hungrylilboy@24 June 2004 - 15:28

what a complete disaster

whatever virus i had deleted every single .exe, .mp3, .avi, .mpeg in about an hour. never seen nething like it.
thats crazt, worst i ever had was an exe corrupter...corrupt every exe on my computer...

just reinstalled and delete everything i had that was an exe. :(

Now you know how important an antivirus app is. Download and install NOD32 again and leave the resident scanner active all the time.

hungrylilboy
06-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+24 June 2004 - 20:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 24 June 2004 - 20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hungrylilboy@24 June 2004 - 15:28

what a complete disaster

thats crazt, worst i ever had was an exe corrupter...corrupt every exe on my computer...

just reinstalled and delete everything i had that was an exe. :(

Now you know how important an antivirus app is. Download and install NOD32 again and leave the resident scanner active all the time. [/b][/quote]
i had avast pro running with a2 trojan scanner running as well and neither picked it up. will post on avast in a minute and see what they have to say.

be interested if neone else has had this. if so what did u do? what is it? how can u stop it?