PDA

View Full Version : I'm New And Confused

wannano123
06-25-2004, 07:12 AM
:helpsmile: How do I choose the best quality from the list of results? How do I burn songs on a cd? How do I upload music? Is it the more KB the better or the less KB the better? Can I save my downloaded music anywhere I like? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Broken
06-25-2004, 07:36 AM
Step one.
remove kazaa from your computer. It's full of fakes and virus.

Step two.
download a Bit torrent client. My personal favrite is torrentstorm, get it at torrentstorm.com

Step three.
Join a good forum. I would recomend Phoenix-torrents.com

Step four.
If you can't figure out how to use your new file sharing software, ask on Phoenix.
You will get tons of help if you ask, just have to go to the right spot to ask.

Sparkle1984
06-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Uninstall KMD, run Adaware to remove the spyware from your PC, then You could try K-Lite 2.6 (although it still has the problem of fake music files, unless you are very careful to avoid them). Or you could try Soulseek for full albums, where there are hardly any fakes. I rarely ever use Bittorrent for music, except rare dance albums.

Everything you download is automatically made available for upload. The higher the bitrate, the better quality the file.

To burn a CD depends on which program you have (such as Nero, RecordNow DX etc). You would start up the program, choose "make new music cd" or something similar, then add your music flies from your C:\My Shared Folder and it should do the rest. :D

Rat Faced
06-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by wannano123@25 June 2004 - 07:20
:helpsmile:  How do I choose the best quality from the list of results? How do I burn songs on a cd? How do I upload music? Is it the more KB the better or the less KB the better? Can I save my downloaded music anywhere I like? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.  :)
Depends what program your using... usually, the larger the file the better quality. However, you need to be aware that there are fakes too, so watch out for them.

You can burn songs to a CD using any CD Burning Software, like Nero.

Uploading again depends upon which program your using as a p2p client. If K-Lite or Kazaa (if your using Kazaa, see Sparkle1984's post, you dont want the crap that comes with it) then any downloads default to your shared folder..anything in your shared folder is shared (capable of being uploaded), unless you have disabled sharing.

Once you've downloaded any files, you can drag them around the PC like any other files.

Whichever p2p program your using, I advise you to have a decent AV installed.. and USE IT.

I also advise you install peergardian and keep that up to date and running...every little helps against the man ;)

J'Pol
06-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Use the verifieds section.

Do not use random searching, it's a recipe for disaster. Only use it for small files or single music tracks, not large files like movies or software

Using verifieds may take longer but you will get what you want.