PDA

View Full Version : Xplite V2

winXPHE
06-25-2004, 01:35 PM
does ne1 ere kw wat r the things tat r safe to remove fm the advanced components? coz i uninstalled everything wit M$ on it n my dial-up connection disappeared n wen i tried to set it up, i clicked next n nuthing happened. i reinstalled everything except the M$ 1s n i tried to create a connection manually but the 1st 2 options were disabled n only the braod band option was selectable. i just installed the whole thing back n now im online. theres stuff like com+, alerter n stuff. does ne1 kw wat all components i can safely uninstall?

edit: sorry the v2 was a typo. its v1.2

Cl1mh4224rd
06-26-2004, 12:35 PM
http://www.splashesfromtheriver.com/spelling/

SillyRumours
06-26-2004, 01:53 PM
i only understood the last bit about uninstalling all components, i wouldn't recommend it,

if you want to be normal and just get rid of bits you don't need: make sure you know what it is and that you definately don't need it, if you don't know what it does there's no point uninstalling it

winXPHE
06-26-2004, 02:59 PM
sorry, ill translate

"does anyone here know what are the things that are safe to remove from the advanced components? because i uninstalled everything with Micro$oft on it and my dial-up connection disappeared and when i tried to set it up, i clicked next and nothing happened. i reinstalled everything except the Microsoft ones and i tried to create a connection manually but the 1st 2 options were disabled and only the broad band option was selectable. i just installed the whole thing back and now im online. theres stuff like com+, alerter n stuff. does ne1 kw wat all components i can safely uninstall?"

details
i tries to set up the connection with create new connection wizard. i uninstalled the components wit *..microsoft..* on it

hey Cl1mh4224rd thanks for the link but i take it u dont chat much. i was on MSN while i posted this, sorry :rolleyes:

tesco
06-26-2004, 03:03 PM
go to the internet section on xplite, and reinstall alll of the internet options you can except for msn explorer. then restart and try again. if it still doesn't work, then I tihnk you will have to reinstall all of them related in any way to internet to find what caused it. ;)

winXPHE
06-26-2004, 05:06 PM
i did reinstall all advanced components n it works, thats how im online but i dont want any microsoft 'crap' running on my PC. any help?

wienerschnitzel
06-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by winXPHE@26 June 2004 - 07:14
i dont want any microsoft 'crap' running on my PC. any help?
linux?

tesco
06-27-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by winXPHE@26 June 2004 - 12:14
i did reinstall all advanced components n it works, thats how im online but i dont want any microsoft 'crap' running on my PC. any help?
you want NO microsoft stuff? can't be done if u are running windows, obviously. try linux if you hate ms so much, otherwise quit whining and live with it.

winXPHE
06-27-2004, 08:03 PM
easy man, im sayin i dont want the Ms crap. the stuff u can live without. eitherways 4get the whole thing.
cheers