are you talking about professional?

muchspl2
06-28-2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Broken@28 June 2004 - 01:54
no such thing...
are you talking about professional?
damn you're a idiot

to the poster, post your spec's, I doubt you would benefit from it
you would be better off with xp and then get plus!

weeble19
06-28-2004, 03:35 PM
it's for my new HTPC

holdenmagroin
06-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Media Center needs to be pre-installed mate, cant get in on a disk etc

muchspl2
06-28-2004, 04:29 PM
wtf is it with all the idiots in the thread
and again, whats your specs, you need a very new (powerful) computer, and you wont be able to do a whole lot unless you have a great capture & video card

weeble19
06-28-2004, 05:41 PM
well let's see

The shuttle XPC barebone
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
ATI Readon 9800 XT
512 ram (corsair)

(don't need a capture card coz I don't have cable)

Now, DO you know where can I get it?

Broken
06-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@28 June 2004 - 16:37
and again, whats your specs, you need a very new (powerful) computer, and you wont be able to do a whole lot unless you have a great capture & video card
Flaming isn't needed muchspl2.
Is it any wonder I've never heard of a windows progam that will only work on the pc that it was shipped with, and can't be purchased otherwise??

weeble19, I've done some asking and googleing. There is no way that I can see to get XPMC without buying a computer that it shipped with. It is like the versions of windows that will only install on a certain computer, and thier is no retail version. Also it requres a specail remote control unit that ships with the computer, making the software alone useless.

From what I have read, microsoft has severly limited what the software can do. For instance, all computers that ship with XPMC have a video card so that you can copy shows from tv broadcast. However, the shows would only be able to playback on the computer that it was made on. It really sounds like you would be better of just downloading some regular video and meida utilities and forget the endless limiting software that microsoft has put together in this "version" of windows.

After reading about XPMC, I can only imagine the limitations that microsoft will put into Longhorn. They (microsoft) are not to be tursted.

weeble19
06-28-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Broken+28 June 2004 - 18:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Broken &#064; 28 June 2004 - 18:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@28 June 2004 - 16:37
Flaming isn&#39;t needed muchspl2.
Is it any wonder I&#39;ve never heard of a windows progam that will only work on the pc that it was shipped with, and can&#39;t be purchased otherwise??

weeble19, I&#39;ve done some asking and googleing. There is no way that I can see to get XPMC without buying a computer that it shipped with. It is like the versions of windows that will only install on a certain computer, and thier is no retail version. Also it requres a specail remote control unit that ships with the computer, making the software alone useless.

From what I have read, microsoft has severly limited what the software can do. For instance, all computers that ship with XPMC have a video card so that you can copy shows from tv broadcast. However, the shows would only be able to playback on the computer that it was made on. It really sounds like you would be better of just downloading some regular video and meida utilities and forget the endless limiting software that microsoft has put together in this "version" of windows.

After reading about XPMC, I can only imagine the limitations that microsoft will put into Longhorn. They (microsoft) are not to be tursted. [/b][/quote]
you mean this remote? (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=80-100-201&depa=0)

MCE is on IRC but I can&#39;t seem to find a decent bot to download it from. I know bunch of mates whom downloaded MCE and very happy with it by the way

Broken
06-28-2004, 06:19 PM
I&#39;d ask one of your friends for it and see whom can deliver.
From what i&#39;ve read it&#39;s manufactures original equipment only. It maybe floating around, but I doubt it is installable on anything but the original computer because of a recognition chip on the motherboard of the computer.

Best of luck.

Broken
06-28-2004, 06:26 PM
LOL
found it.

Go to suprnova.org
then to to search at the top of the screen, search XP media center

there is a torrent there created 5-16, it is alive with 30 seeds.

;)

muchspl2
06-28-2004, 08:52 PM
I had it for 9 months and never installed it
so yea you can get it, should be everywhere
what the fuck is wrong with you people, don&#39;t post replies on something you know shit all about
what if the poster only saw your reply and thought "hey guess he&#39;s right no use looking"
moral: only help if you can, don&#39;t just spam replies that are blatantly wrong
kthx

vivitron 15
06-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@28 June 2004 - 21:00

moral: only help if you can, don&#39;t just spam replies that are blatantly wrong

i dont think their replies were blatantly wrong...PCworld magazine stated just that this month, so that would have been my reply - i could even have quoted my source, however you have given a differing reply - thats fine, and i respect that it might be poss...

there is no such thing as "blatantly wrong", else the guy wouldnt have even asked in the first place, now would he?

Broken
06-29-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@28 June 2004 - 21:00
I had it for 9 months and never installed it
so yea you can get it, should be everywhere
what the fuck is wrong with you people, don&#39;t post replies on something you know shit all about
what if the poster only saw your reply and thought "hey guess he&#39;s right no use looking"
kthx
muchspl2, well thank you for telling our friend where he could download the file, and making every involved feel great&#33;&#33; You are a true help, and a ray of sunshine to all those on the board.

:mad3:

muchspl2
06-29-2004, 05:28 AM
:lol: thanks
another satisfied costumer, thank you cum again :lol:

muchspl2
06-29-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by vivitron 15@28 June 2004 - 16:07
i dont think their replies were blatantly wrong...PCworld magazine stated just that this month, so that would have been my reply - i could even have quoted my source, however you have given a differing reply - thats fine, and i respect that it might be poss...

there is no such thing as "blatantly wrong", else the guy wouldnt have even asked in the first place, now would he?
well I consider blatantly wrong saying its not possible, can&#39;t get it, no such thing
(paraphrasing)
but just tired of people spamming WRONG answers, if you don&#39;t know or unsure just spam away, but don&#39;t guess are assume anything and spam the wrong info
like I said what if I didn&#39;t reply to this thread
would have been 2 or 3 people saying its not possible, you know