PDA

View Full Version : Server?

mayhs
06-30-2004, 09:09 PM
Does it matter which server you connect to?

nesckthe44
06-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Depending on which server(s) you connect to you may get faster or slower downloads. Also, when you connect to a server, and search for a file (asuming you aren't using a link site) it takes longer to find a file that's not on the server. Also out-sourcing (downloading the file from multiple sources: standard) is also variable depending on the server (sources are all drawn from the server).

mayhs
06-30-2004, 10:03 PM
can you connect to more that one server?

Arathorn
06-30-2004, 10:15 PM
No, and you don't need to, the servers also connect to each other I believe, and you find most sources via source exchange anyway.

nesckthe44
06-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Arathorn@30 June 2004 - 22:23
No, and you don't need to, the servers also connect to each other I believe, and you find most sources via source exchange anyway.
No?

thisiswhoweare
07-01-2004, 12:01 AM
:frusty: another newbie in the mix, and another of the same old questions asked.

Do you need to connect to a certain server to download certain files:
NO!

Just connect to any, and as long as serverlist is up to date and can connect with highID you dont need to worry about it. :ph34r:

mayhs
07-01-2004, 12:51 AM
yes but say i connect to razorback2 can i only download files through razorback or can i download files from evetyone on ed2k?

thisiswhoweare
07-01-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@1 July 2004 - 00:09
Do you need to connect to a certain server to download certain files:
NO!

Just connect to any, and as long as serverlist is up to date and can connect with highID you dont need to worry about it. :ph34r:
sigh...in one ear out the other. :huh:

thisiswhoweare
07-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by mayhs@30 June 2004 - 22:11
can you connect to more that one server?
guess i'll answer this indirectly.

Double click on the servers to connect and see.

mayhs
07-01-2004, 01:42 AM
im sorry i just didnt understand what you were saying... :(

... and another question what option do you select under search?(Server, Global, ...)

Filliz
07-01-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by mayhs@1 July 2004 - 02:50

... and another question what option do you select under search?(Server, Global, ...)

From what i undrstand, if you select 'server',it searches for your file on the server you are connected to at that moment.
If you select 'global' it searches for the file on all the servers available at that moment.

And @thisiswhoweare :STFU&#33; with the &#39;newbie&#39;crap <_<
We all are/have been a newbie with stuff like this and the only way to learn stuff is to ask about it :smilie4:

thisiswhoweare
07-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Filliz+1 July 2004 - 08:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Filliz &#064; 1 July 2004 - 08:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mayhs@1 July 2004 - 02:50

From what i undrstand, if you select &#39;server&#39;,it searches for your file on the server you are connected to at that moment.
If you select &#39;global&#39; it searches for the file on all the servers available at that moment.

And @thisiswhoweare :STFU&#33; with the &#39;newbie&#39;crap <_<
We all are/have been a newbie with stuff like this and the only way to learn stuff is to ask about it :smilie4: [/b][/quote]

@mayhs:
global searching searches from all servers available in list, but just because you can&#39;t find it in search doesnt mean its not in a server. It doesn&#39;t do a full and extensive search, doing this would cause excessive strain on network. I suggest you use a links site and limit server/global searching otherwise repeat searching will get you banned.

I apologise for being rude but see reason below...

Filliz:
:angry: searching works too you know.
Coomon questions asked:
What servers best? Do I need to connect to a certain server to download what I want?
I&#39;m new to overnet/emule/edonkey how do i download like kazaa?
How do i preview ...?

Anyone who is new still should search first, rather than ask the same thing over again (the above have been posted about more than 10 times). <_<

I&#39;ll make this my last emule post. Good day

guit_steel
07-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Nice job guys. Hope you&#39;re happy. There was no one more knowledgeable about eMule than thisiswhoweare in this forum. <_<

Filliz
07-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by guit_steel@2 July 2004 - 14:15
Nice job guys. Hope you&#39;re happy. There was no one more knowledgeable about eMule than thisiswhoweare in this forum. <_<
lol...All i said was that the newbie bashing wasn&#39;t necessairy. :rolleyes:
Even if it has been answered a million times before.

Not everyone knows about the searchfunction on this board.
So a simple &#39;pointing to...&#39; is more appropriate then a "Oh boy,yet another n00b :rolleyes: " reply

I just wanted to point that out,that&#39;s all ;)

guit_steel
07-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Point taken but it is unfortunate that you didn&#39;t exhibit the same politeness in the former post that you have in the latest post. It&#39;s easier to listen to someone when they are polite as opposed to when they tell you to STFU. ;)

Filliz
07-02-2004, 08:36 PM
You&#39;re right.

Guess some people are fed up with the newbies.
And some are fed up with the newbie bashing.

Witch in it&#39;s way can,and did, result in a STFU&#33; reply.

Now that we cleared this one up,let&#39;s just &#39;foggetaboudit&#39; :)