PDA

View Full Version : Whats Up With Boxtorrents ?

seiya_33
07-01-2004, 04:01 PM
weel havent been able to connect to the site , is it down or something , it just keeps saying page not available , anybody know how long there gonna be down?

danne
07-01-2004, 04:43 PM
last i saw over there was that it was going to be up soon again. considering their content, i suppose a LOT of companies don't like em. we'll just have to wait and see i guess.

seiya_33
07-01-2004, 05:53 PM
so they might be taking down all there licensed anime , hope not , lately it has been like that with some other anime sites , forced to take down all the licensed anime , wouldnt want to see that happen to boxtorrents.

wienerschnitzel
07-01-2004, 09:16 PM
They will be back in 3 days.

There will be no ADV files.

Which means there will 53 less torrents. But 53 out of 1100 isn't much :)

There will be a slight difference when you update torrents. They will all be under review before they will be on the site. They will only be a problem for a few and i think it will only make the torrent show up less then an hour later (they have lots of ops)

I also heard on the irc chan that they are thinking about making everyone sign up before they use the tracker. I think this helps wth a lot of problems that the site has with leechers and people who forget to sign in and lose out on all their seeding.

n18
07-01-2004, 11:32 PM
ADV had Wofls' Rain? becuase i was downloading it the night before it went down, and im on 80%

seiya_33
07-02-2004, 12:02 AM
damn , so all the adv anime is off , does anybody have a list of those , is fma one of them , guees ill have to look for elinks.

wienerschnitzel
07-02-2004, 03:11 AM
for ADV stuff look here:

http://www.advfilms.com/

or here

http://www.animenfo.com/animeusdistro,1,dp...,adv_films.html (http://www.animenfo.com/animeusdistro,1,dpwmrw,adv_films.html)

danne
07-02-2004, 05:58 AM
my tip for you guys, start using dc++ ^^

seiya_33
07-02-2004, 07:05 PM
so its only going to be adv licensed anime , not all the licensed anime , come on when are they going to be onlone.

mike45450
07-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Aw fuck, wasn't Azumanga Daioh licensed by ADV? I was gonna start that aswell...dammit. Shoulda got it while i could.

mio
07-05-2004, 03:03 PM
i been waiting every day and havent' seen anything comming back yet, :( i loved tha site :(

danne
07-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Well, it's back, but the tracker ain't up yet. I suggest you head over and read up ^^

wienerschnitzel
07-10-2004, 03:53 AM
the tracker is back up. YAY

you need to edit torrents and make announce http://tracker.boxtorrets.com/announce.php (http://tracker.boxtorrents.com/announce.php)

head over to the channel if you need help

please help seed so when the site gets back up boxtorrents won't be full of just leechers

Manny Roscoe
07-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by wienerschnitzel@10 July 2004 - 00:01
the tracker is back up. YAY

you need to edit torrents and make announce http://tracker.boxtorrets.com/announce.php (http://tracker.boxtorrents.com/announce.php)

Its not up anymore. <_<

mike45450
07-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Lol, this is all it says

sorry, thanx to an asshole this is down

Guess we have to wait a bit longer

huuramis
07-12-2004, 07:59 PM
apparently they were testing a tracker and some dude came and posted it ...somewhere??

and it crashed there servers, in other words, they are a bunch of whingy bitches who cant afford proper servers.

seiya_33
07-21-2004, 02:24 PM
well its back up , liked the oder version more , well anyways , im downloading all the anime i had on stanby , just in case it goes down again , can anybody recomend me which stuff to download.

ilw
07-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Thanks for pointing that out wienerschnitzel (see below). My bad

:">

wienerschnitzel
07-28-2004, 10:54 PM
That quote is almost a month old.

They found a new host but "site down til 4th august due to hosting guy being on vacation" (from #boxtorrents&#39; topic). This makes me wonder...

This has to be free right? What kind of a paid host goes on vacation? Since it is free what have they done with all the donated money? I heard they got a lot. And also since its free why the hell are there now popups and mod chip ads on the site? That pisses me off.

Well anyways the tracker still works

huuramis
07-31-2004, 10:14 AM
I heard they are removing all the licensed anime, Bunch of dumbshit fagatrons.

always some fags using the exuse of "ITS LICENSED", theres hundreds of sites hosting direct links to fuckin licensed anime no one cares about torrents

mike45450
07-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by huuramis@31 July 2004 - 11:15
I heard they are removing all the licensed anime, Bunch of dumbshit fagatrons.

always some fags using the exuse of "ITS LICENSED", theres hundreds of sites hosting direct links to fuckin licensed anime no one cares about torrents
Do you even know why this whole mass of trouble even started? ADV themselves contacted the host for Boxtorrents and without notice the hosting company cut them off.

It&#39;s easy enough to just try and hope the licensing companies don&#39;t spot your site, but when they have evidence i don&#39;t think it&#39;s worth risking a court case or whatever and potentially closing down a very very good anime torrent site just for a few licensed anime.

wienerschnitzel
08-02-2004, 06:26 AM
They are only removing ADV stuff. Everything else was still on the site when it came back up last week.

The other sites that offer anime are no where near as big as boxtorrents is. I think thats why no one has asked them to take their down stuff.

I think that if box said fuck off to ADV (which they actually did, it was the host who was a pussy and backed out) they would still be around and adv wouldn&#39;t have done anything. (Look at mirkx)

n18
08-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by wienerschnitzel@2 August 2004 - 07:27
They are only removing ADV stuff. Everything else was still on the site when it came back up last week.

The other sites that offer anime are no where near as big as boxtorrents is. I think thats why no one has asked them to take their down stuff.

I think that if box said fuck off to ADV (which they actually did, it was the host who was a pussy and backed out) they would still be around and adv wouldn&#39;t have done anything. (Look at mirkx)
the dude hosted them for free, no point for him to get involved...

wienerschnitzel
08-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by n18+2 August 2004 - 04:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (n18 @ 2 August 2004 - 04:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wienerschnitzel@2 August 2004 - 07:27
They are only removing ADV stuff.&nbsp; Everything else was still on the site when it came back up last week.

The other sites that offer anime are no where near as big as boxtorrents is.&nbsp; I think thats why no one has asked them to take their down stuff.

I think that if box said fuck off to ADV (which they actually did, it was the host who was a pussy and backed out) they would still be around and adv wouldn&#39;t have done anything.&nbsp; (Look at mirkx)
the dude hosted them for free, no point for him to get involved... [/b][/quote]
I guess that was a little harsh. My bad