PDA

View Full Version : Portable Hdd Question

Storm
07-02-2004, 10:25 AM
ive got a 120GB HDD "lying about", and was thinking of turning it into a portable HDD by building it into an external case.....

i would like to know if i can partition it into say 5 drives and XP still recognizing them all when i plug it in.......

SingaBoiy
07-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Yes you can. Fdisk it and then partition with something like Partition Magic 8.

Storm
07-02-2004, 01:11 PM
its allready partitioned and everything...... and if it wasnt id prolly do it through XP......... or is that a bad idea? i dont really see the use of PM unless you have data on the disks you wanna keep (or am i just being the ingnorant bastard here? :P)

tesco
07-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Storm@2 July 2004 - 08:19
its allready partitioned and everything...... and if it wasnt id prolly do it through XP......... or is that a bad idea? i dont really see the use of PM unless you have data on the disks you wanna keep (or am i just being the ingnorant bastard here? :P)
no, your right.

how do you plan to connect the drive if it is external? gonna buy one of those USB casing things?

Storm
07-04-2004, 12:49 AM
yeah, they're not to expensive, and building a HDD into one will give me a shitload of portable diskspace, relatively cheap (check the prices for memory sticks, you're nearly have to sell your soul to afford one with a lil space)