PDA

View Full Version : More Wmd Found In Iraq

rollwave
07-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Polish troops found 17 rockets armed with warheads containing cyclosarin, a deadly nerve agent. I wonder why nobody has mentioned that yet? Hmmmm? Oh that's right. The media has already settled the issue. There are and never were WMD in Iraq. Lybia, Iran, Syria North Korea, yes. Bush lied so his friends could get rich!!!! Oh yeah, I forgot about oil. Haliburton wanted the oil so they could get rich! ;)

99shassan
07-03-2004, 05:52 PM
You never know. the government might be making it up. Just to say that they were right to go to war *rolleyes*

Why did it take so long to find it?
But you never know, they might be telling the truth.

BigBank_Hank
07-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Rollwave 1 question: sources :lol: :P

rollwave
07-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Why has it taken so long to find? Because they didn't want us to find it. Let me give you an example. Let's say you have 10lbs of marijuana in your house. The police call you up and say, "We know you have it. You have 1 week to give it up or we are coming in." A week passes and you don't give it up. Now, when the cops do come in do you think they are going to find what they are looking for in your house? Same deal here. They have dispersed their MWD . That's why we found a nuclear centrifuge buried in a scientists rose garden. And anthrax in a scientists fridge. Most of this crap has been shipped to Syria and is buried in the desert near a Syrian air force base. Smart move by Saddam. We can't go in without starting the UN procces all over again. My guess is Bush is waiting for October to press this issue. Two clues here: 1) Kerry said a few weeks back that WMD would probably be found. A clear sign he knows something is up. 2) Cheney was being interviewed by Neil Cavuto, Cavuto asked him if WMD had been moved to another country. Cheney changed the subject.

Rat Faced
07-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by rollwave@3 July 2004 - 17:43
Polish troops found 17 rockets armed with warheads containing cyclosarin, a deadly nerve agent. I wonder why nobody has mentioned that yet? Hmmmm? Oh that's right. The media has already settled the issue. There are and never were WMD in Iraq. Lybia, Iran, Syria North Korea, yes. Bush lied so his friends could get rich!!!! Oh yeah, I forgot about oil. Haliburton wanted the oil so they could get rich! ;)
You want me to shoot this one down or do you want to busyman?

I know you were trying to get Hank to bring the subject up...

Or maybe, J2K4....you would be the diplomat, considering you appear to know the story, and i dont want to upset the guy again...... Coming from yourself, he may believe it :)

Biggles
07-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Rollwave

You missed an integral part out of your analogy. The police also promise not to look at his house or follow him for the next week.

Quite how he snuck out umpteen Scud missiles and the enormous quantities of material being quoted prior to the war without any intelligence or satellite obsevation is worrying. Syria was not a friend to Saddam, so if he moved it there he has gifted it to them. The North Koreans do have all the WMDs you can shake a stick at. The question is what do we do about it? George Bush prefers dialogue - a not unreasonable approach I would suggest.

Incidently, in all the actions pictures of the war did you once see troops scurrying around in bio-suits? This despite the warning that the Iraqis could deploy such weapons in 45 minutes - if this was the case they should have conducted most if not all operations in the suits. It would appear that WMD went down pretty low on the pecking order once operations actually started.

However, this was being discussed in another thread. :)

j2k4
07-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Actually, the media's caveat goes like this:

Saddam, depending on the time-frame being discussed, may or may not have ever possessed WMD, AND:

If he ever did (this has never been proven/this is easily proven), they were given to him by the U.S./CIA/Donald Rumsfeld, AND:

If Saddam is proven to have ever possessed WMD, such weaponry definitely A: Came from the U.S., and/or B: Were of late '70s-'80s vintage, and only of types used in the Iran/Iraq conflict, the First Gulf War, or in minor domestic altercations perpetrated against unimportant domestic peoples, AND:

Any suspicious WMD subsequently found anywhere in the Mid-east, especially those whose pedigree indicates a providence or labelling signalling a connection to Saddam/Iraq, France, Germany, or Russia, will be regarded as being subject to (A), as defined in the preceding paragraph.

Illuminati
07-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@3 July 2004 - 19:08
Rollwave 1 question: sources :lol: :P
First time we've thought alike, Hank lad :D

cpt_azad
07-03-2004, 09:10 PM
any links rollwave :blink: ?

lol, beat me to it illuminati (didn't even c hanks post either) :lol:

BigBank_Hank
07-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati+3 July 2004 - 16:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 3 July 2004 - 16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@3 July 2004 - 19:08
Rollwave 1 question: sources&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :P
First time we&#39;ve thought alike, Hank lad :D [/b][/quote]
I promise it&#39;ll never happen again. :D :lol:

Busyman
07-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by rollwave@3 July 2004 - 13:43
Polish troops found 17 rockets armed with warheads containing cyclosarin, a deadly nerve agent. I wonder why nobody has mentioned that yet? Hmmmm? Oh that&#39;s right. The media has already settled the issue. There are and never were WMD in Iraq. Lybia, Iran, Syria North Korea, yes. Bush lied so his friends could get rich&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Oh yeah, I forgot about oil. Haliburton wanted the oil so they could get rich&#33; ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And there it is&#33;&#33;&#33;

Rat Faced
07-04-2004, 12:18 AM
OK...to answer the original post...

1st off:

The Polish say there were 17 Rockets containing cyclosarin which they hande over to the Americans for analysis....thus suggesting that they had not analysed them themselves and were using conjecture and repeating what they were told by the sellers..

The Americans analysed them (although they say there was 18 Rockets handed over, not 17)...and 2 of these (not 17) had traces of Sarin, and there was no trace of cyclosarin in any of them.

The Sarin was dated from the 80&#39;s and its believed was removed from the Rockets some 12 years ago..leaving Traces of what was originaly there.

Of course you could go on the Conspiracy Theory that all these WMD that are found and then disproved are being hoarded...in order to "find" a real catch just before the election, but then that goes against your argument that everything is true... :blink:

No one has ever doubted that there were WMD in Iraq during the 80&#39;s and early 90&#39;s...however we were sent to war because of a "Clear and present danger"... ie: he had WMD....now.

Lets see how far back Bush knew there were probably no WMD shall we? From his own words in "The State of the Union Speech" in January 2003...... ie: Before any invasion..

BUSH: The United Nations concluded in 1999 that Saddam Hussein had biological weapons sufficient to produce over 25,000 liters of anthrax -- enough doses to kill several million people. He hasn&#39;t accounted for that material. He&#39;s given no evidence that he has destroyed it.

Analysis:

According to the House Armed Services Committee, Iraq had 2,160 kg of bacterial growth media — enough to produce 26,000 liters of anthrax.

What is bacterial growth media you ask?

Food for bacteria. Remember those school science experiments where you grew cultures on agar? Agar (that clear, jelly-like substance) was the growth media. This growth media is what Bush was referring to when he said Saddam had "biological weapons sufficient to produce over 25,000 liters of anthrax."

That&#39;s right, according to Bush, Jelly is now a biological weapon. (No word if the substance was in it&#39;s easily transportable powder form, or if it had been mixed with water to form a "weaponized" colloid).

Granted, you can&#39;t get tons of casein, thioglycollate broth, yeast extract and peptone at your local grocery store, but they are still only raw materials for growing antrax, not vast quantities of anthrax itself.

As Hans Blix reported to the Security Council on January 27, 2003,

"Iraq has declared that it produced about 8,500 litres of [anthrax], which it states it unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991. Iraq has provided little evidence for this production and no convincing evidence for its destruction."

There is no hard evidence that they actually produced any. Even assuming any anthrax exists today in Iraq, there is no proof Saddam had the ability to weaponize it in a fine powder like that used in the anthrax attacks that followed 9/11.

Why would they say they had produced it and then destroyed it, when they cant show Documentation for either, unless they were Co-operating fully? Why only take part of the evidence and say "There cant prove they destroyed it"?...they didnt even have to admit they&#39;d made it... but they did.

So...The threat from Saddam was no greater when Bush gave his speech than it was twelve years ago.

BTW: The Anthrax in the Fridge you have refered to? You guessed it ;)

BUSH: The United Nations concluded that Saddam Hussein had materials sufficient to produce more than 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin -- enough to subject millions of people to death by respiratory failure. He hadn&#39;t accounted for that material. He&#39;s given no evidence that he has destroyed it.

Analysis:

What is botulinum toxin? Botox&#33;

The toxin injected to clear up wrinkles by relaxing muscles, albeit in a less concentrated form.

According to an article in the Journal of the American Medical Association widely distributed by the CDC, "After the 1991 Persian Gulf War, Iraq admitted to the United Nations inspection team to having produced 19000 L of concentrated botulinum toxin, of which approximately 10000 L were loaded into military weapons."

The article references a UN report that was not available online.

According to the State Department, "Iraq declared 19,000 liters. The UN believes it could have produced more than double that amount."

When Bush said the UN concluded that Saddam had "materials sufficient to produce more than 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin" he simply neglected to mention that this was in 1991.

You will also notice that "materials sufficient to produce" are not the same as the real thing.

In other words, there is no proof of any actual biological weapons. All we have to go on is what Saddam claimed he had after the Gulf War.

So...The threat from Saddam was no greater when Bush gave his speech than it was twelve years ago.

BUSH: Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent. In such quantities, these chemical agents could also kill untold thousands. He&#39;s not accounted for these materials. He has given no evidence that he has destroyed them.

Analysis:

Do I even need to go into the "materials sufficient to produce" argument again?

This time we are talking about chemical weapons, so no growth media required. But what is required are the chemical compounds that can be used to produce these deadly agents. As Timothy McVeigh taught you all in the Oklahoma City bombing, chemistry is a funny thing and you can get the compounds for some pretty lethal stuff at your local hardware center or feed store.

Also notice that Bush said Saddam "had" these materials. He did not claim that he "has" them any longer.

Any bets on which year the intelligence estimates Bush references were from?

Impossible to say. Bush does not tell us. But my bet is that it all goes back to what Saddam claimed to have in 1991. Given that no weapons or precursors have been found, many are wondering if Saddam exaggerated his stockpiles in 1991, as a desparate attempt to look stronger than he was.

So..either way, the threat from Saddam was no greater when Bush gave his speech than it was twelve years ago

BUSH: U.S. intelligence indicates that Saddam Hussein had upwards of 30,000 munitions capable of delivering chemical agents. Inspectors recently turned up 16 of them -- despite Iraq&#39;s recent declaration denying their existence. Saddam Hussein has not accounted for the remaining 29,984 of these prohibited munitions. He&#39;s given no evidence that he has destroyed them.

Analysis:

Notice the use of the word "had" not "has" here, too. If your intelligence indicated that Saddam still "has" these weapons, why didn&#39;t Bush say so?

The 30,000 number matches that in the House Armed Services Committee report, and the Armed Services Committee report uses a 1997 UN report as its source.

Specifically, the committee reaches a total of 31,658 by starting with the 15,620 munitions for which unilateral destruction "is not verifiable" owing to the destruction methods used by Iraq (melting and demolition).

Then they add 16,038 discarded chemical muniitons for which "Iraq has not provided supporting documentation [of their destruction]."

The rest of Iraq&#39;s 152,119 filled and 95,144 empty chemical munitions, dating back to 1981, have been used or destroyed and fully documented as such. Or at least to the satisfaction of the House Armed Services Committee.

To believe that Iraq still has "upwards of 30,000 munitions capable of delivering chemical agents" today, you would have to believe there were almost no weapons that Iraq destroyed by melting or demolition. You would also have to believe that there is complete documentation for all of the weapons destroyed by American bombs in operations Desert Storm and Desert Fox.

You would then have to believe that all the remaining weapons are still in serviceable condition twelve years later.

I wouldn&#39;t bet on it. I might believe a much smaller number than 30,000 - if it was based on hard intellegence, not a gray area in a 1997 UN report.

So, the truth is, the threat from Saddam was no greater when Bush gave his speech than it was twelve years ago....

BUSH: From three Iraqi defectors we know that Iraq, in the late 1990s, had several mobile biological weapons labs. These are designed to produce germ warfare agents, and can be moved from place to a place to evade inspectors. Saddam Hussein has not disclosed these facilities. He&#39;s given no evidence that he has destroyed them.

Analysis:

Defectors also told you that the Iraqi people would rally to your cause.

They wanted us to go to war and were willing to spice things up to get us there.

Two trailers suspected of being mobile weapons labs were actually found. Yet, no traces of any biological agents or weapons production materials were found in either of these mobile units. In fact, "US State Department experts disputed CIA conclusions that tractor-trailers found in Iraq were mobile biological weapons labs...."

Not only that, but the now deceased scientist David Kelly, "told the press that he had examined the alleged labs in person and agreed with the Iraqi&#39;s explanation; the two vehicles were intended for the production of hydrogen to fill artillery balloons."

So, the threat from Saddam was no greater when Bush gave his speech than it was twelve years ago....

Last but definitely not least, is the paragraph that everyone is talking about. It was the climax of this portion of Bush&#39;s speech and the ultimate reason why Saddam was an "imminent threat" to the United States.

BUSH: The International Atomic Energy Agency confirmed in the 1990s that Saddam Hussein had an advanced nuclear weapons development program, had a design for a nuclear weapon and was working on five different methods of enriching uranium for a bomb. The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa. Our intelligence sources tell us that he has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production. Saddam Hussein has not credibly explained these activities. He clearly has much to hide.

Analysis:

No, he clearly CLAIMED TO HAVE weapons of mass destruction, TWELVE YEARS AGO. This is not the same as proof that he is hiding such weapons today.

The uranium fraud has been clearly exposed.

The aluminum tubes claim has been "dismissed by the International Atomic Energy Agency and by an outside panel made up of two American nuclear physicists, two British experts and a German expert."

And that IAEA report Bush references? It was from 1991.

By calling it a report from the "1990s," Bush implies a more imminent threat. If Bush was more specific, maybe there is another report I&#39;m missing. However, Bush seems purposefully vague. The facts can&#39;t speak for themselves if you can&#39;t find them.

From what I can tell, the threat from Saddam was no greater when Bush gave his speech than it was twelve years ago.

As you can see, many of the lines included in Bush&#39;s State of the Union address were "technically" correct, with the obvious exception of referring to Jelly as a biological weapon.

Nonetheless, every single line was misleading at best, dishonest at worst. He was lying by omission, if not lying to the American people outright.

Is that what passes for Presidential integrity and leadership?

The day that you start allowing your leaders to treat foreign policy and war like any other partisan squabble - and distort the facts to make their case - is a day we are all are in deep, deep trouble.

Is that day already here?

Source (http://www.topdog04.com/000290.html).... I virtually Copy/Pasted that whole thing, however changed grammer and paragraphs to make it more readable i hope. I havent changed the context.

BTW:

Please keep up here...

Iran is conducting a Nuclear program, which is worrying.

North Korea already has the crap

Syria has dabbled in the past and may have some left over from when it did

Libya is a good guy now, dont you read the papers?... they have Unilaterally stopped research into WMD and are presently destroying them off their own backs. No huge pressure or threat of invasion from anyone.

Its more...wanting to be involved in the world again, and not teated like lepers any more. (And has a lot to do with their failing economy, more likely)

Now to take cover before Hank and J2K4 come back....

Illuminati
07-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@4 July 2004 - 01:26
BUSH: The United Nations concluded that Saddam Hussein had materials sufficient to produce more than 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin -- enough to subject millions of people to death by respiratory failure. He hadn&#39;t accounted for that material. He&#39;s given no evidence that he has destroyed it.

Analysis:

What is botulinum toxin? Botox&#33;

The toxin injected to clear up wrinkles by relaxing muscles, albeit in a less concentrated form.
So that explains it - Saddam wasn&#39;t a tyrant who tortured his own people, he was a wannabe Hollywood agent wanting to make his people&#39;s skin younger&#33; :lol:

Rat Faced
07-04-2004, 12:45 AM
Nah...

You seen the guy?

He&#39;d need all 38,000 Ltrs just for his own mush....

Seriously, I pasted that from an Anti-Bush site, as J2K4 will no doubt point out.

I could have written something less elequent and missed stuff myself, or copied from less obviously biased sites...

I chose that one, however, as the essay links to all the official documents in its analysis... so that people can check for themselves ;)

hobbes
07-04-2004, 12:56 AM
Rat,

Botulism toxin causes muscles to be paralyzed. It is incredibly lethal and Botox is a very watered down and locally acting version of this horrible poison. Basically muscles are not allowed to contract and thus people simply suffocate.

Let us not make light of a deadly poison. Let the truth speak for itself, why distort the truth if the evidence is clear enough? Botulism toxin is not a fun drug for the vain.

Also, in the article I read, the Polish stated that they found 17 Rockets with cyclosarin. The US reported that 16 of the 17 rockets were completely empty and clean and the 17th had such diluted and degraded cyclosarin as to not be a threat.

This fits in with our pattern of stating that all those nerve agents, which tested positively in the field, were shown to be pesticides upon complete analysis.

It shows me that there are people on the American side who are not going to let preliminary test and reprts stand to decieve people, and consistently come back and tell people that nothing has been found of any consequence.

At least we can feel that there is somebody out there which is not going to let false information stand unchallenged.

Had the US and media been completely controlled by the government, we would all have been given overwhelming evidence of WMD.

PS: anti-spam sucks balls

Rat Faced
07-04-2004, 01:02 AM
We&#39;re obviously seeing different stories then

I havent read that version at all...

...as i said, the one I saw read as the Americans had found Traces of Sarin in 2 of the Rockets the other 16 being clean, and the total number of Rockets was disputed (Polish saying 17, Americans 18)

:blink:

I hope they at least describing the same incident :lol: :lol:

Sixteen rocket warheads found last week in south-central Iraq by Polish troops did not contain deadly chemicals, a coalition spokesman said yesterday, but U.S. and Polish officials agreed that insurgents loyal to former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein and foreign terrorist fighters are trying to buy such old weapons or purchase the services of Iraqi scientists who know how to make them

Yesterday&#39;s coalition release also said that two other 122-milimeter rounds, found by the Poles on June 16 with help from an Iraqi informer, tested positive for small quantities of sarin but were "so deteriorated" that they would have had "limited to no impact if used by insurgents against coalition forces."

Source (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A24403-2004Jul2.html)

Cant find the article i read originally (was just a Google News thing)....but was similar to this.

Edit: To include a source

hobbes
07-04-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@3 July 2004 - 23:10
We&#39;re obviously seeing different stories then

I havent read that version at all...

...as i said, the one I saw read as the Americans had found Traces of Sarin in 2 of the Rockets the other 16 being clean, and the total number of Rockets was disputed (Polish saying 17, Americans 18)

:blink:

I hope they at least describing the same incident :lol: :lol:
Well, the point was that the Polish claimed that 17or 18 rockets had been found with cyclosarin.

When given to the US, who has the most to gain or lose, we said that all were clean but 1, and that had only trace elements that were no threat.

That encourages me that we have someone out for the truth involved in this.

That is the point. Whether it is 17/18, 1 or 2, who cares. The US (who is under the micrscope) basically defused the claims made by the Polish.

BTW Rat, agar is all you need for antibiotics as well. Maybe Saddam could have made some of those. Allocation of resources and all that.

Rat Faced
07-04-2004, 01:15 AM
I dont think anyone will disagree with that Hobbes :)

Re: agar.

True.

The amounts, I believe, are based on 1991 figures...how long will that amount of Agar last producing anti-biotics?

I think Iraqs hospitals ran out totally in about 1995...

I do not know when importation of anti-biotics was stopped, however i think it was well before 1995.

I also dont know the rate Hospitals would go through them, if they&#39;re in short supply.

Conclusion:

I dont know...but im willing to guess that it was used for the production of anti-biotics in the most part....even if thats not what it was initially used for (and there is nothing saying that all the Agar was in any weapons program to start with)

hobbes
07-04-2004, 01:34 AM
I&#39;m just saying that if agar were the entity used to determine production cabability of chemical agents, I would be surpised.

It is a form of complex sugar produced by red algae and its availabilty is essentially unlimted. The agar itself is nothing but a structure for growth. The nutrients imbedded in it determine what can be grown.

People had tried gelatin, but bacteria tend to use the protein structure for fuel and turn it into a liquid mess. Agar is typically not digested by bacteria and provides a nice architecture for bacteria to thrive if the proper nutrients are provided.

j2k4
07-04-2004, 02:32 AM
Agar is also frequently used to make low- and medium-yield crossword puzzles. :)

cpt_azad
07-04-2004, 02:34 AM
PS: anti-spam sucks balls i know how u feel :angry: :angry:

Biggles
07-05-2004, 11:25 PM
An interesting snippet I caught on Radio 4 book programme...

One of the reason that the Iraqis were in a degree of disarray prior to the Coalition invasion March 03 was that the Iraqi generals had very limited access to Saddam. He was in the process of proof reading his third romantic novel prior to going to print and did not want to be disturbed. He has, apparently, over the last few months all but completed his fourth.

For those interested, the critics said his style is classical Arabic, detailed and lurid "like the wall murals he was so fond of".

Apparently Gadaffi is also a keen writer - although he is, it would seem, rather good - if a tad intellectual and depressing. It was noted that his theme (unlike Saddams love of Romance) is alienation and the stuggle of Islam in a technological age (I suspect I will stick with Douglas Adams). :ph34r:

Rat Faced
07-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Maybe there is some correlation between Dictators and the Arts?

I hear the guy in North Korea is a Movie Buff, and Stalin loved The Opera...

What further proof do we need to take Public Funding out of the Arts? :ph34r:

Biggles
07-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@5 July 2004 - 23:42
Maybe there is some correlation between Dictators and the Arts?

I hear the guy in North Korea is a Movie Buff, and Stalin loved The Opera...

What further proof do we need to take Public Funding out of the Arts? :ph34r:
Or make sure they get funded early on in their careers and give dictating a miss.

Just imagine if Hitler had got into Vienna Art School and had worked in a garret for the next 40 years.

j2k4
07-06-2004, 12:35 AM
All of which goes to prove the worth of crossword puzzles, as I mentioned earlier.

vidcc
07-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Here&#39;s the facts behind your WMD...1.5mb sorry (http://www.nigelhumour.co.uk/bush1.html)

Rat Faced
07-07-2004, 05:02 PM
@ vidcc

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Biggles
07-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Ahhh

It was Weapons of Magnificent Deceit. :ph34r:

The CIA would appear to be taking a spanking for the naughtiness of others methinks. Most noble.

Salfin
07-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by rollwave@3 July 2004 - 17:43
Polish troops found 17 rockets armed with warheads containing cyclosarin, a deadly nerve agent. I wonder why nobody has mentioned that yet? Hmmmm? Oh that&#39;s right. The media has already settled the issue. There are and never were WMD in Iraq.
Are these seventeen rockets armed with warheads containing cyclosarin, which you point out is a deadly nerve agent, truely a weapon of mass destruction? If launched would they cause mass destruction to untold thousands, tens of thousands? Are they even in functioning order? Would they even come close to reaching the shores of the US?

I think it&#39;s kind of odd to say 17 rockets armed with warheads containing cyclosarin are weapons of mass destruction, when the United States has the weaponry to destroy the world how many times over?

I suppose it&#39;s good to know that the US is working very hard to rid the world of powerful weapons of destruction. But I suppose the US must take baby-steps, ridding the world of the terrible threat that these 17 rockets, armed with poison posed.

07-23-2004, 06:26 AM
Wow, theres not many Boards I go to that still bitches on about the "Liberal Media"

lynx
07-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by ||0.@23 July 2004 - 07:27
Wow, theres not many Boards I go to that still bitches on about the "Liberal Media"
Guess you don&#39;t get out much, huh?

j2k4
07-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by ||0.@23 July 2004 - 01:27
Has the rest of the world made it&#39;s peace with the "liberal media"? :huh:

I haven&#39;t. ;)

Should I? :huh:

Of course, I&#39;d also like to know why, that is, if it&#39;s not too much trouble. :)

EDIT: Hey, lynx. B)

I guess I&#39;m passe, huh? :D

07-25-2004, 05:36 AM
LOl the concept is so ridiculous. They talk of it as if its an organised thing.
All the conservatives instead challenge liberal to proove that Fox lies.

j2k4
07-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by ||0.@25 July 2004 - 00:37
I think, basically, that anyone complaining about FOXNEWS harbors an incredible amount of paranoia.

It is quite literally the case that the rest of television media is liberal, yet you are outraged (worried?) that little old FOXNEWS might be "Conservative"?

The networks (liberal) still attract something like 70% of T.V. news viewership; I&#39;ve heard anyware from 2% to 5% of newshounds tune in to FOXNEWS to get their "dose".

Sounds like an underwhelming minority to me; exactly WTF is it about FOXNEWS that has you so worried?

I&#39;ve said it before:

FOXNEWS, despite all it&#39;s shortcomings, is the ONLY place in the whole, wide, world of T.V. news that regularly presents a Conservative view to counter the Liberal view, which they also present.

It is neither the fault of FOXNEWS nor any Conservative pundit that the Liberal viewpoint suffers by comparison.

Perhaps you might use the favored Liberal tactic of judicial activism to get Conservatism and Conservatives outlawed, and have us "aborted" or something.

Worried about FOXNEWS?

HAH&#33; :lol:

j2k4
07-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by ||0.@25 July 2004 - 00:37
BTW-

A Liberal media requires nothing at all by way of "organisation"; a short stint in "J" school is all that is needed.

clocker
07-25-2004, 01:00 PM
I&#39;m not at all "worried" about FoxNews, I&#39;m just irritated that it eats up a channel on my cable selection ( I would much prefer the All Olsen Twins All the Time Channel) and it&#39;s claim of "Fair and Balanced".

The only thing "fair" about FoxNews is the skin color of it&#39;s staff and the only "balance" evident is Bill O&#39;Reilly manging to keep from toppling over due to his hyperinflated ego.

j2k4
07-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by clocker@25 July 2004 - 08:01
I&#39;m not at all "worried" about FoxNews, I&#39;m just irritated that it eats up a channel on my cable selection ( I would much prefer the All Olsen Twins All the Time Channel) and it&#39;s claim of "Fair and Balanced".

The only thing "fair" about FoxNews is the skin color of it&#39;s staff and the only "balance" evident is Bill O&#39;Reilly manging to keep from toppling over due to his hyperinflated ego.
Good Morning&#33; :)

How are things in your neck of the woods?

FOXNEWS is filled lately with all sorts of unbalanced reportage from Colorado; how much of it is true? :huh:

clocker
07-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi, j2.

It&#39;s been wet and cool of late...I kinda like it.

I haven&#39;t really been keeping up with current events...are you talking about the Kobe Bryant ruling or the consistently absurd Marilyn Musgrave?

j2k4
07-25-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by clocker@25 July 2004 - 08:37
Hi, j2.

It&#39;s been wet and cool of late...I kinda like it.

I haven&#39;t really been keeping up with current events...are you talking about the Kobe Bryant ruling or the consistently absurd Marilyn Musgrave?
Any and all; it runs the gamut.

&#39;Course, I&#39;m watching on FOXNEWS, too; they don&#39;t miss a thing. :D

clocker
07-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Define "miss".

kAb
07-25-2004, 04:43 PM
erm, don&#39;t get you&#39;re hopes up :unsure:

Polish army says Iraq shells had deadly cyclosarin
Fri 2 July, 2004 12:18

WARSAW (Reuters) - Artillery shells found by Polish troops in Iraq definitely contained the deadly nerve agent cyclosarin, Poland&#39;s military has said.

"The results of ... analysis confirmed that chemical agent GB-GF, cyclosarin, was found in the shells," the Polish-led unit of the multinational force in Iraq said in a statement on Friday.

"Beyond doubt these are shells from the 1980-1988 period, of the type used against Kurds and during the Iraq-Iran war."

Poland said on Thursday its soldiers found 17 Grad rockets and two mortar shells filled with chemicals in late June and that U.S. experts had carried out tests on the weapons.

U.S. officials confirmed late on Thursday that such shells were being tested but said further tests were continuing because initial findings could be misleading. U.S. officials were not immediately available to comment on the Polish statement.

"Some of those warheads were old but it could not be ruled out some could still be used," Defence Minister Jerzy Szmajdzinski told Poland&#39;s Zet radio on Friday.

The statement from the Polish headquarters at Babylon said the shells had been hidden and that chemicals had leaked from one but the threat had been dealt with. Local people said unidentified individuals had offered the shells for sale.

"If these shells had been used, in a mortar attack on Camp Babylon for example, the results would have been unthinkable," the Polish commander in Iraq, General Mieczyslaw Bieniek, told TVN24 television.

Iraq said it produced cyclosarin munitions in the 1980s to fight Iran but was committed to destroying stocks and ceasing production by U.N. resolutions following the 1991 Gulf War.

U.S. President George W. Bush accused then Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein of failing to give up chemical and biological weapons and invaded Iraq last year to depose him. Since then, occupying forces have found small quantities of banned weaponry.

Biggles
07-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by clocker@25 July 2004 - 13:01

I caught a snippet the other day about the returning Marine who may or may not have been captured.

The presenter (forget his name) said "he ( the Marine) said "thank God I am home safely" despite being a Muslim" It was a curious spin to put on those words implying they were said to decieve. It was as if the word God had only one meaning. Definitely that individual could do with a field trip to the ME (or India perhaps) where they would such an expression common place.

All very depressing really. :(