PDA

View Full Version : Injustice In Other Countries

Anabelle
07-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi I'm new here and my name is Anabelle! See I am very passionate about helping third world countries and I hope to find people who have common interests. This thread is basically about stories or ideas of injustice in this or other countires. If anyone wishes to have a say on the topic feel free to speak up.

J'Pol
07-03-2004, 09:58 PM
When you say this country, where are you referring to.

Donnie Darko
07-03-2004, 10:04 PM
I think that third world countries are slowing down progress and should be under controll of humain society.Places like Africa are 1,000&#39;s of years old and they still live in dirt <_< These people are not able to live up to the year that is 2004. :angry: They make me sick,killing each other :angry: acting like dogs.Not all third world countries are like this but the one that are do not deserve their land.

J'Pol
07-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko@3 July 2004 - 23:12
I think that third world countries are slowing down progress and should be under controll of humain society.Places like Africa are 1,000&#39;s of years old and they still live in dirt <_< These people are not able to live up to the year that is 2004. :angry: They make me sick,killing each other :angry: acting like dogs.Not all third world countries are like this but the one that are do not deserve their land.
Quite frankly that is the stupidest post I have ever read, anywhere by anybody.

Congratulations.

Donnie Darko
07-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+3 July 2004 - 22:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 3 July 2004 - 22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Donnie Darko@3 July 2004 - 23:12

Congratulations. [/b][/quote]
Well i try&#39;d :01:

J'Pol
07-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko+3 July 2004 - 23:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Donnie Darko @ 3 July 2004 - 23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@3 July 2004 - 22:16
<!--QuoteBegin-Donnie Darko@3 July 2004 - 23:12

Congratulations.
Well i try&#39;d :01: [/b][/quote]
You not only tried, you succeeded.

Donnie Darko
07-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Eny thoughts Anabelle

james_bond_rulez
07-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko@3 July 2004 - 14:12
way to graduate from tardland

congrats <_<

Anabelle
07-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Why yes I do have some thoughts. You see the thing is that for hundreads of years we have raped and pillaged places like Afirca so that we could succeed off of the riches of thier lands. Even now it is occuring over oil. I must admitt it is human nature for the strongest to take advantage of the weak not that I find it acceptable but it&#39;s expected. Apparently you&#39;re one of the people who think of it as perfectly acceptable to shit on the people below you while my beleifs are contrary. I think that it is our obligation to give back to the places and people who took from for so long.

J'Pol
07-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Once again, what do you mean by this country.

A new question as well, related to the above, what do you mean by we, I have not done any of the things you discussed.

Illuminati
07-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+3 July 2004 - 23:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 3 July 2004 - 23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Donnie Darko@3 July 2004 - 23:12
Quite frankly that is the stupidest post I have ever read, anywhere by anybody. [/b][/quote]
Well it is Donnie Darko posting... ;)

To get back on-topic, I&#39;d basically reiterate what J&#39;Pol said - The topic needs to be more specific, as after all humanity&#39;s had too many cock-ups in the past seven millennia to distinguish them all :lol:

Do you mean a particular country or Western civilization altogether? FileSharing Talk is, after all, an international filesharing forum ;)

Anabelle
07-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Oh sorry about that I was speaking of North America. I live in Canada. Although at the moment it is America causing the havoc. What I&#39;m speaking of is things that even our ancesters have done such as turning Africa into a slave deportation. But mostly what I was speaking of is anything on the news which can be seen as inhumane or unjust. To start us off I&#39;ll feature this artical found on the amnesty international site. http://www.amnesty.ca/take_action/actSudan.php

Rat Faced
07-04-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Anabelle@4 July 2004 - 00:44
Oh sorry about that I was speaking of North America. I live in Canada. Although at the moment it is America causing the havoc. What I&#39;m speaking of is things that even our ancesters have done such as turning Africa into a slave deportation. But mostly what I was speaking of is anything on the news which can be seen as inhumane or unjust. To start us off I&#39;ll feature this artical found on the amnesty international site. http://www.amnesty.ca/take_action/actSudan.php
There are too many to name..Burma for starters...

Or do you just mean Africa with countries such as Sudan and Zimbabwe?

Arm
07-04-2004, 01:28 AM
Theres planet of injustice in the United States too Anabelle. :rolleyes:

hobbes
07-04-2004, 01:36 AM
I am too busy bashing baby Canadian seals to worry about anything else. I will get back to you.

Anabelle
07-04-2004, 02:23 AM
Of coures there&#39;s injustice in America. There&#39;s injustice everywhere. Which is why this thread is dedicated to any sort of unjust act that anyone wishes to bring up. So you will be able to post any sort of news articals or stories which you feel are unfair in any way and they can be discussed. I suppose I should have been more specific.

hobbes
07-04-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Anabelle@4 July 2004 - 00:31
Of coures there&#39;s injustice in America. There&#39;s injustice everywhere. Which is why this thread is dedicated to any sort of unjust act that anyone wishes to bring up. So you will be able to post any sort of news articals or stories which you feel are unfair in any way and they can be discussed. I suppose I should have been more specific.
Listen, for over 30 years charitable organizations have been asking for donations to solve the problem of hunger and starvation abroad. Today this request is just as much needed and as relevant as it was from the git go.

The point is that starvation is not a product of lack of food, but of politics.

Everyone should have learned inMogodishu that even the most powerful country in the world cannot cure a societal problem.

The US moves in to provide food for the people, the resistance disappears. The US moves out, the warlords reappear.

Nothing changed.

The only way to change the conditions in 3rd world countries to to kill everyone and install a new leadership. Any other method proves to be only a stop gap attempt.

Your ideals are nice, but very naive.

J'Pol
07-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Does Canadia actually do anything outside of it&#39;s own borders. Does it have a world presence, or is it in fact a sort of North American Switzerland.

As I understand it Canadia is basically a collection of Ex Scots and French who have retained whatever culture they had at the time they landed. That being the case, it is partly "The Highland Clearances - a living museum."

clocker
07-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@4 July 2004 - 08:42
Does Canadia actually do anything outside of it&#39;s own borders. Does it have a world presence
Of course it does.

Look at the NHL.

Voetsek
07-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Free Tibet say I make a stand and do the right thing but first they need to have oil.

Biggles
07-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@4 July 2004 - 01:44
I am too busy bashing baby Canadian seals to worry about anything else. I will get back to you.
:o

Again?

You are not going ahead with that plan to line your entire house with seal fur are you?- it is tacky I tell you&#33; :ph34r:

Gemby!
07-06-2004, 09:33 PM
as long as the world goes on how it is theres nothing we can do :)

and i dont see it changing

Biggles
07-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@6 July 2004 - 21:41
as long as the world goes on how it is theres nothing we can do :)

and i dont see it changing
If things don&#39;t change they are liable to stay the same.

One minor suggestion is that if you don&#39;t change your own life then what can you rightly expect of others.

Use your disposable income wisely - buyTrade Fair, don&#39;t encourage manufacturers who pollute the environment and/or torture bunnies just to see if the latest miniscule change in the soap powder causes death and destruction. This won&#39;t cure the ills of the world, but every step in the right direction is away from the wrong direction.

Gemby why are you stalking Donnie? :huh:

Gemby!
07-06-2004, 09:56 PM
im not - he drew the pic for me mocking my avatar and i thought it was cute

i dont encourage medical experiments on animals but how can one person like me stop them from doing something which many agree with ?

i know thats a really negative way to look at things but im just being honest - someone with as little influence on the world as me really can&#39;t do anything to change it, and thats what i believe :(

Biggles
07-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@6 July 2004 - 22:04

i dont encourage medical experiments on animals but how can one person like me stop them from doing something which many agree with ?

i know thats a really negative way to look at things but im just being honest - someone with as little influence on the world as me really can&#39;t do anything to change it, and thats what i believe :(
Gemby

You have something they want - the pound in your pocket.

If you buy a product that isn&#39;t tested on animals, for example, then that pound is lost. As more and more pounds are lost these companies will simply say ok let&#39;s do what these eco companies do but let&#39;s glitz it up and win all our customers back.

GM failed in the UK because no one wanted it.

So read the cans and check the contents. Superdrug are good - most of their own products are not tested on animals, likewise the Bodyshop.

Don&#39;t let Donnie see your signature - he forges good&#33;

Superdrug (http://www.superdrug.com/superdrugviews.php)

Rat Faced
07-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@4 July 2004 - 15:42
Does Canadia actually do anything outside of it&#39;s own borders. Does it have a world presence, or is it in fact a sort of North American Switzerland.

Like Australia and New Zealand, they do appear to supply us with a lot of Barmaids/Barmen.....

Does this count?

:ph34r:

"Its INSTINCT....."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Donnie Darko
07-07-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Biggles@6 July 2004 - 21:57
Gemby why are you stalking Donnie? :huh:
Me? :o I feel so loved :wub: I have a stalker :D

J'Pol
07-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@7 July 2004 - 00:06

"Its INSTINCT....."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/graphics/2001/12/29/btcom011229.jpg

Back Off Brussels.

Rat Faced
07-07-2004, 05:16 PM
@ Anabelle...

Define "Justice" in a way that can be universally excepted on this planet please?

@J&#39;Poll

I just knew, deep down, you&#39;d get that ;)

Gemby!
07-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Biggles+6 July 2004 - 22:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 6 July 2004 - 22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@6 July 2004 - 22:04

Gemby

If you buy a product that isn&#39;t tested on animals, for example, then that pound is lost. As more and more pounds are lost these companies will simply say ok let&#39;s do what these eco companies do but let&#39;s glitz it up and win all our customers back.

So read the cans and check the contents. Superdrug are good - most of their own products are not tested on animals, likewise the Bodyshop.

Superdrug (http://www.superdrug.com/superdrugviews.php) [/b][/quote]
i dont think i buy stuff which is tested on animals, so im doing good :)

Biggles
07-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;+7 July 2004 - 20:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gemby&#33; @ 7 July 2004 - 20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Biggles@6 July 2004 - 22:17
<!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@6 July 2004 - 22:04

Gemby

Superdrug (http://www.superdrug.com/superdrugviews.php)
i dont think i buy stuff which is tested on animals, so im doing good :) [/b][/quote]
:)

That&#39;s the spirit Gemby. Every act of kindness, no matter how small, leaves an indelible mark and lightens the soul.

Gemby!
07-07-2004, 10:42 PM
aww shucks i feel all special now :">