PDA

View Full Version : I Installed Longhorn

Kokanee
03-20-2003, 03:40 AM
I just installed the 4008 version and this thing is a piece of $**T.
None of my programs work anymore, Office, K-lite , Nero, EVERYTHING!
Good thing I burned everything to disks before I did this.
I think I'll be doing a Quick Restore in a few minutes.......
LONGHORN IS NOT WORTH INSTALLING! It will just give YOU a Longhorn where the sun don't shine B) :angry: :angry:

Rip The Jacker
03-20-2003, 03:54 AM
Where might that be? :lol:

Do realize that Longhorn is an ALPHA version. Meaning its not done, infact no where near finished. Meaning it WILL have bugs and shouldnt be used an your main OS. Wait till its done, then install it, and see how it turns out.

EDIT: Typo

Kokanee
03-20-2003, 04:01 AM
I do know that it is ALPHA but I was just curious to see it and now I want to warn other users how crappy this thing Software is.

It erased my email accounts: Outlook/Express
Also Erased:
Office XP
Kazaa Lite
Norton System Works
Norton Internet Security

I've only had it running for 45 minutes now and I agree, It needs alot of work!
Well, good luck to those that still wish to install, I'm uninstalling!

MagicNakor
03-20-2003, 04:16 AM
:huh:

I never really saw the point of installing alpha and beta OS. You aren't getting paid to test em, so why bother? ;)

:ninja:

SHIFTY
03-20-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@20 March 2003 - 05:16
:huh:

I never really saw the point of installing alpha and beta OS. You aren't getting paid to test em, so why bother? ;)

:ninja:
i must agree
especially if it is a leaked beta and u dont know what the hell kind of dirty communist maggot infested algorithm's have been written into it
so i aint puttin my dirty finger on the thing till tis properly released

Kokanee
03-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Well, The excitement is over. I did a QuickRestore And am now putting everyting back together. What a load of crap. I guess I can't reallly complain, I installed it. It did have some nice features though but not worth keeping around.

ProwL418
03-20-2003, 05:56 PM
i must say i question your installation methods.
i set up a dual ntfs partition on my hd, then installed.
now running back to back xp/lnghrn
all my games and software worked. the only bugs i had was while testing/installing a few application layer based firewalls, other than that im quite happy and cant wait for the full release.

Wizzandabe
03-20-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@20 March 2003 - 03:54
Where might that be? :lol:

Do realize that Longhorn is an ALPHA version. Meaning its not done, infact no where near finished. Meaning it WILL have bugs and shouldnt be used an your main OS. Wait till its done, then install it, and see how it turns out.

EDIT: Typo
it is so not done. open up wordpad and you will see that even the 'cut' 'copy' 'past' icons arnt even there.

Wolfmight
03-20-2003, 10:58 PM
Dont install it as main OS!! use WMware or Virtual Machine...those will let u virtually install it to test it out and stuff.. easily delete them later..

TheMan1891
03-20-2003, 11:18 PM
Alpha versions are worse than betas by far because they arent even feature complete. BETA is bad enough I would never touch it. The full versions of MS os's crash and stuff anyway (like 98se). So never touch the Alphas!

Schmiggy_JK23
03-20-2003, 11:22 PM
*chuckle*

sorry, i just cant believe you installed a alpha MS OS as your main operating system.

Did you not read everything we have talking about on here? Use virtual pc, or a second partion on your hard drive?

We give this advice for a reason, cuz we know what we are talking about, at least sometimes, lol.

Sorry about your misfortune... but dont say we didnt warn everyone...

the-ninja69
03-21-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Kokanee@19 March 2003 - 19:40
I just installed the 4008 version and this thing is a piece of $**T.
None of my programs work anymore, Office, K-lite , Nero, EVERYTHING!
Good thing I burned everything to disks before I did this.
I think I'll be doing a Quick Restore in a few minutes.......
LONGHORN IS NOT WORTH INSTALLING! It will just give YOU a Longhorn where the sun don't shine B) :angry: :angry:
No shit. Longhorn blows ass and has a lot of bugs and is still in alpha change. :angry: Piece of shit hope you don't make that mistake again. :angry:

Kokanee
03-21-2003, 12:25 AM
Everything is back to normal, all my stuff is back, thanks to the guy who invented the CD burner!
XP Pro is where its at and thats where I'm staying for a very long time.

SHIFTY
03-21-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Kokanee@21 March 2003 - 01:25
Everything is back to normal, all my stuff is back, thanks to the guy who invented the CD burner!
XP Pro is where its at and thats where I'm staying for a very long time.
yea i tried the alpha too but i wasnt that stupid i did it on my old computer that doesnt matter what the hell i put on it, i quite like it apart from all the bugs and stuff in it
when the full release comes out ill be first inline. ill be running xp corp., 2000pro and Longhorn in a tripple boot when that happens