PDA

View Full Version : Damn Fakes!

sArA
03-20-2003, 04:04 AM
:angry: :angry: :angry:
I know this is a recurring topic...but I downloaded 3 games today.....The sims vacation......turned out to be Empire Earth
sims hot date......turned out to be some driving game
Zoo Tycoon....actually worked!!!!!!
Zoo Tycoon marine mania......crappy demo version

What gets me is that out of the 4 games I downloaded only 1 was what it said it was...the hot date even had all the sims icons until installed!!!!

Well...ha ha ha...very funny...I am just glad that I was at work on a fast connection and hadn't spent a week downloading at home on my 56k modem......

Whoever you are....you really spoil the whole point of sharing.....thanks

MagicNakor
03-20-2003, 04:15 AM
You should use the verifieds. All of those games you talked about have been posted. (Except maybe Zoo Tycoon Marine Mania, that one I'm not sure about.)

:ninja:

sArA
03-20-2003, 04:26 AM
Yep, you are right of course....tomorrow...at work I will give it a go......

TheMan1891
03-20-2003, 04:31 AM
Yeah that always sucks. Another bad thing is downloading and buring ones that dont work. Sim City 4... I gave up on it weeks and weeks ago.

itay
03-20-2003, 02:35 PM
yep, i know it's really suck DL fakes games, so i allways stick with the verified :D

DarthInsinuate
03-20-2003, 03:48 PM
tip for rips (hey a rhyme):
rename the .dat to .rar so you can check the contents for gamely goodness

doesn't help you .iso/.bin loving ones

MagicNakor
03-21-2003, 02:57 AM
Well, the .bin/.iso loving people get the full game, rather than having music and movies ripped out. :D Kazaa isn't the place for those files, though.

Wolfmight
03-21-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by sara5564@20 March 2003 - 05:04
:angry: :angry: :angry:
I know this is a recurring topic...but I downloaded 3 games today.....The sims vacation......turned out to be Empire Earth
sims hot date......turned out to be some driving game
Zoo Tycoon....actually worked!!!!!!
Zoo Tycoon marine mania......crappy demo version

What gets me is that out of the 4 games I downloaded only 1 was what it said it was...the hot date even had all the sims icons until installed!!!!

Well...ha ha ha...very funny...I am just glad that I was at work on a fast connection and hadn't spent a week downloading at home on my 56k modem......

Whoever you are....you really spoil the whole point of sharing.....thanks
ONLY! download .iso .bin, and verified* .rar,.zip and stuff.

bin and iso ushally arnt edited much. maybe a crack or something is added. Also, Riped games=Movies and music is missing. make sure it's a Image Copy or Ripped ISO...

hola
03-21-2003, 03:47 AM
Yeah... I am new at this and already encountered some problems....I downloaded asplinter cell version that isnt complete as it was mention to be..now my question after they are downloade how can i renamed the files if it isnt what it is?

Keikan
04-01-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@21 March 2003 - 03:57
Well, the .bin/.iso loving people get the full game, rather than having music and movies ripped out. :D Kazaa isn't the place for those files, though.

Well then what place is good for isos/bins???

stoi
04-01-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Keikan+1 April 2003 - 22:48--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keikan @ 1 April 2003 - 22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MagicNakor@21 March 2003 - 03:57
Well, the .bin/.iso loving people get the full game, rather than having music and movies ripped out. :D Kazaa isn&#39;t the place for those files, though.

Well then what place is good for isos/bins??? [/b][/quote]
Emule/Edonkey network is very good for .bin/.iso files.

21UP
04-01-2003, 11:25 PM
Hi yea i just had a fake on ka**a verrifieds sim city 4.
Turned out to be one called ONI so i had to delete it so no one else got it.
Just d/l blaze media pro AVG searched and found it had a virus WIN 32 HANTANER, had to put it in virus vault and then delete,as it said it could not be heald.
Had quite a few duff d/l from kazza over the last 2 weeks,think i will delete kazz and go to emule or some other.
Too much time spent on d/l rubbish,the last 2 were off the verrifieds one wrong file other with virus.
cheers Peter :angry: :angry: :angry:

SolidWing68
04-02-2003, 12:31 AM
I use to download a ton of fake games claiming they are "real no joke&#33;" and they turned out to be something else, until I turned to the verifieds game section in gameworld @ k-lite.tk. Now all my games I get are correct and I won&#39;t have to worry about d/l&#39;ing a fake game :)

omnix32
04-02-2003, 12:55 AM
ya if there not corrupt......... They work.....

Keikan
04-02-2003, 02:36 AM
E-donkey is too confusing for me with all the connect to a certain server and bla bla bla and ya.... :blink:

MagicNakor
04-02-2003, 02:44 AM
It&#39;s no different than connecting to a supernode on Kazaa. You just get to pick which server, and get a few useful stats like number of users, ping, files available, etc.

Although I think once you get on a server, you have access to the files on all servers. Searching globally for certain things.