PDA

View Full Version : I Met The Ex's New Girlfriend

sArA
07-05-2004, 01:35 PM
I went to the pub on Saturday (got a babysitter as it was my weekend with the kids) and my ex and his new girlfriend was there. When we are talking ex, I mean that we were together for 17yrs so no short term thing...

Anyway, she was definately not what I expected at all! She was stood there, head down, mardy face all night whilst my ex pussy footed around trying to make her smile. I guess my presence didn't help but ffs from all appearances she has as much personality as a house brick! In fact, I saw her b4 they saw me and she didnt look too happy about being there anyway. I know you will all say its cos I am jealous, but I am honestly over him as we split 4 years ago.

My ex and I get on really well, and he is a bit of a party animal, likes live music and dancing, plays drums in a rock band and loves getting pissed etc. Poor git was trying to have a good time but she was really not into it....ah well, I suppose opposites attract.... :lol:

GepperRankins
07-05-2004, 01:38 PM
:ermm:

ahctlucabbuS
07-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Everyone has a hard time beeing social from time to time. Hard to tell the reason if you're an observer...

Oops, I meant to trash your ex's girlfriend :lol:

Snee
07-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Err, congratulations?

crazy_billy_bats
07-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by SnnY@5 July 2004 - 13:49
Err, congratulations?
I think that sounds most appropriate.

*goddess*
07-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by sara5564@5 July 2004 - 13:43
I went to the pub on Saturday (got a babysitter as it was my weekend with the kids) and my ex and his new girlfriend was there. When we are talking ex, I mean that we were together for 17yrs so no short term thing...

Anyway, she was definately not what I expected at all! She was stood there, head down, mardy face all night whilst my ex pussy footed around trying to make her smile. I guess my presence didn't help but ffs from all appearances she has as much personality as a house brick! In fact, I saw her b4 they saw me and she didnt look too happy about being there anyway. I know you will all say its cos I am jealous, but I am honestly over him as we split 4 years ago.

My ex and I get on really well, and he is a bit of a party animal, likes live music and dancing, plays drums in a rock band and loves getting pissed etc. Poor git was trying to have a good time but she was really not into it....ah well, I suppose opposites attract.... :lol:
:) I've moved to the other side of the country and don't have to worry about running into my ex.

:rolleyes: I wasn't jealous but was a little annoyed, I only saw his new girlfriends car and she's a P-plater which probly makes her about 18 (half my age).

;) It'll be funny when she tells him she wants kids and he doesn't. :lol:

GepperRankins
07-05-2004, 01:46 PM
how can you tell someones age from there registration plate? :blink:

anyway good to see another woman come to the rescue :-"

*goddess*
07-05-2004, 01:48 PM
;) Nah, P-plate is what probationary drivers have on their car for the first 2 years they have their licence here.

GepperRankins
07-05-2004, 01:50 PM
ahh. i get ya

crazy_billy_bats
07-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by *goddess*@5 July 2004 - 13:56
they have their licence here.
may i ask where here is?

Snee
07-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Does that mean that you aussies have a similar system to the americans, with drivers ed in school and all that.

Here it's sort of something outside of the school system, and damn expensive, so it's fairly common people take their licenses later in life.

crazy_billy_bats
07-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by SnnY@5 July 2004 - 14:02
Does that mean that you aussies
cheers that clears that little one up.

sArA
07-05-2004, 01:55 PM
I wasn't looking for congratulations or commiserations guys :lol:

But i just had to post something, as this is the first one I have met in all the 4 years since we broke up, and she has met the kids, and he is moving in with her, and my curiousity had already gone into overload..... :lol:

The funny thing was, they left the pub about 45 mins after I arrived...and then returned an hour later. I asked him if she was ok about it and he said yeah sure....but the evidence as an observer (and several mutual friends) was not quite the same as reported....

Having said all that.....I was looking hot on Saturday!!!! Done me hair and makeup, blah blah which was fortunate as usually I am such a slob!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GepperRankins
07-05-2004, 01:57 PM
:lol: :lol: i think guys and girls see this diferently

anyway. i'm off

*goddess*
07-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by sara5564@5 July 2004 - 14:03
I wasn't looking for congratulations or commiserations guys :lol:

But i just had to post something, as this is the first one I have met in all the 4 years since we broke up, and she has met the kids, and he is moving in with her, and my curiousity had already gone into overload..... :lol:

The funny thing was, they left the pub about 45 mins after I arrived...and then returned an hour later. I asked him if she was ok about it and he said yeah sure....but the evidence as an observer (and several mutual friends) was not quite the same as reported....

Having said all that.....I was looking hot on Saturday!!!! Done me hair and makeup, blah blah which was fortunate as usually I am such a slob!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D Well done Sara, you're well entitled to a lil gloating if she was really looking miserable and you were looking and feeling great.

:) Nah Snny, we don't have drivers ed in school. But I think you do have to have lessons with a professional teacher before you can go for your licence.

:ph34r: Been a while since I got mine.

;) Glad Snny cleared it up for ya Billy.

:) See ya GR.

leezathehoneybird
07-05-2004, 03:37 PM
The only time I've ever bumped into an ex was when I saw my ex-husband in a pub with his mistress (this was about 2 years after I divorced him).

I breezed across to them all smiles and politeness, told her that I bore no hard feelings for what had happened in the past - I even enjoyed the chat we had -

It made me feel good to know that I could rise above it and forgive people who have hurt me.

6 months later I found out that he had been cheating on her :lol:

GepperRankins
07-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by leezathe honeybird@5 July 2004 - 15:45
The only time I've ever bumped into an ex was when I saw my ex-husband in a pub with his mistress (this was about 2 years after I divorced him).

I breezed across to them all smiles and politeness, told her that I bore no hard feelings for what had happened in the past - I even enjoyed the chat we had -

It made me feel good to know that I could rise above it and forgive people who have hurt me.

i dint think that sounded right till i read this

6 months later I found out that he had been cheating on her  :lol:

Peerzy
07-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Pub? What do you mean a Pub...never heard of one...What do you do at/in/near a "pub"? :huh:

j2k4
07-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Glad to hear the event passed with you satisfied on all fronts, Sara. :)

I hope that last is correct in all senses it was meant, too. ;)

Gemby!
07-05-2004, 08:26 PM
maybe it was that time of the month .. when its an eastenders special and she didnt get to watch it :( :01:

fatality
07-05-2004, 09:05 PM
go up to ur ex's girlfriend

and.....

http://www.smileygram.com/images/smiley_big_goofy.gif

B) B)

sArA
07-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by fatality@5 July 2004 - 21:13
go up to ur ex's girlfriend

and.....

http://www.smileygram.com/images/smiley_big_goofy.gif

B) B)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*goddess*
07-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@5 July 2004 - 18:28
Pub? What do you mean a Pub...never heard of one...What do you do at/in/near a "pub"? :huh:
;) A pub is shortened version of 'public bar' ie: drinking establishment, place to get wrecked wipe yourself out etc. :lol:

internet.news
07-06-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by *goddess*+6 July 2004 - 01:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*goddess* @ 6 July 2004 - 01:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@5 July 2004 - 18:28
Pub? What do you mean a Pub...never heard of one...What do you do at/in/near a "pub"?&nbsp; :huh:
;) A pub is shortened version of &#39;public bar&#39; ie: drinking establishment, place to get wrecked wipe yourself out etc. :lol: [/b][/quote]
so it&#39;s similar to the lounge then?

*goddess*
07-06-2004, 01:46 AM
:lol: Very.

;) Actually lounge is better cos it&#39;s cheaper and you don&#39;t get pushed/shoved by drunken lout types.

internet.news
07-06-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by *goddess*@6 July 2004 - 01:54
:lol: Very.

;) Actually lounge is better cos it&#39;s cheaper and you don&#39;t get pushed/shoved by drunken lout types.
*shove*

j/k

*goddess*
07-06-2004, 01:56 AM
:o I&#39;d tip a drink on ya, only that would be wasteful and it&#39;s faaaaaaar too early in the day for me start yet.

:01: I&#39;m saving up for when I get to Andie&#39;s, guess we should put out a disclaimer for any drunken rantings/running amok that may occur in advance :lol:

internet.news
07-06-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by *goddess*@6 July 2004 - 02:04
:01: I&#39;m saving up for when I get to Andie&#39;s, guess we should put out a disclaimer for any drunken rantings/running amok that may occur in advance&nbsp; :lol:
If only I&#39;d thought opf that 12 months ago :(

say "Hello" to Andie for me :01:

*goddess*
07-06-2004, 02:07 AM
:D Done and we&#39;ll have a drink for ya but hopefully she&#39;ll be back online before I get up there.

clocker
07-06-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by sara5564@5 July 2004 - 06:43
from all appearances she has as much personality as a house brick&#33; In fact, I saw her b4 they saw me and she didnt look too happy about being there anyway.
Maybe she was pining for some fish fingers.

internet.news
07-06-2004, 03:01 AM
Nice approach btu I couldn&#39;t handle that

MicroScreen2
07-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by *goddess*+6 July 2004 - 01:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*goddess* @ 6 July 2004 - 01:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@5 July 2004 - 18:28
Pub? What do you mean a Pub...never heard of one...What do you do at/in/near a "pub"?&nbsp; :huh:
;) A pub is shortened version of &#39;public bar&#39; ie: drinking establishment, place to get wrecked wipe yourself out etc. :lol: [/b][/quote]
i thught it meant public house :unsure: