PDA

View Full Version : Did I Get Hacked!?!?!

brucelee21
07-05-2004, 04:55 PM
I've been having some issues with my comp recently...windows booting up with a blue screen, or some error. I just ignore it and press enter or something to load windows.
Last night however I had to re-active windows for some reason, I ended up having to call microsoft to activate (they have some crazy voice activated operators). After doing that my computer is running a little slow, although I haven't defragged in couple months, so I think its time for some system maitenance. What could I do? I've already read the pinned topic on tweaking etc.
Also sygate is sending me an upgrade your firewall pop up when windows boots. I have a cracked version 5.5 build 2525...is that the latest?

alexstron
07-05-2004, 05:05 PM
i don't know about your other problem........but im also using the same version of sygate as you
im wary about clicking the upgrade too..........i was using a cracked version of avg 7 and got a similar message and that was the end of avg 7 without paying for it...........any opinions gratefully received
regards Alex

haha21
07-05-2004, 05:08 PM
no your not hacked, just remember to unhok your interent before you reformat.
Many viruses automatically go into your computer while reformating now a days.

brucelee21
07-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by haha21@5 July 2004 - 17:16
no your not hacked, just remember to unhok your interent before you reformat.
Many viruses automatically go into your computer while reformating now a days.
reformat??? haven't done that yet...doesn't that involve wiping out all the info on my hard drive??