PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Look For In An Action/horror?

Vamp
07-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Hey guys,

My crew and I are in the pre-production stages of Ardeth, an Action/Horror DV Feature in the vein of Spawn and Silent Hill... Just wondering what you guys would love to see in such a film? What pisses you off about Actions/Horrors/Fantasies nowadays? We want to make a movie which will appeal to everyone...

*again no need to add your website, you can always promote your site by using your signature

DipSet Taliban
07-05-2004, 07:16 PM
thriller and a villian that makes sense not like in jeepers creepers when u dont even know where tha thing cums from

Vamp
07-05-2004, 10:32 PM
This is the villain concept art, Baron Kreddagoth, we might change his name to Euronymous.

http://www.geocities.com/retro_helix2000/Kreddagoth.jpg

SingaBoiy
07-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Need something that scares me. Nothing has that I have watched in about 10 yrs (when I was a kid)

mr. nails
07-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Vamp@5 July 2004 - 16:40
This is the villain concept art, Baron Kreddagoth, we might change his name to Euronymous.

http://www.geocities.com/retro_helix2000/Kreddagoth.jpg
nice, "The Crow" facial makeup..., c'mon.

Adster
07-06-2004, 02:54 PM
honestly what i look for???

well most people younger people that is these days or ignorant and don't give a shit about older movies

Alfred Hitchcock is the master of horror

I like horror where i can feel i am the character and make me a part of the situation

also I want to feel my own imagination

the horror films these days are absolute shit to be quite honest its predictable

"lets make the music stop after someone has walked through the House for 10 minutes" then he says "ahh it;s all over" then BOOM music goes bang and someone gets stabbed form behind!! aka Dawn of the dead for example

now horror movies I liked for example

Rosemary's baby
The Exorcist
Friday the 13th (Original)
Halloween (Original)
The Omen
Psycho (yes the 1960 one not that piece of shit remake!!) and boy this scared the shit out of me the first time

Some of modern era that i found decent

What Lies Beneath
The Ring
Blair Witch project

Tikibonbon
07-06-2004, 03:13 PM
tits and ass, what every successful horror movie is based on.

Guillaume
07-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Cheesy acting and bucketfuls of blood!

Yes, I love B-movies... :P

Vamp
07-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Nails,

That's not Crow makeup, although we're using the same premise that Eric Draven used, that makeup was worn by the Nordic Pagan Beserkers, Corpsepaint, they'd attack from the shadows with it causing their enemies to see them as an army of the dead, most black metal bands also use it.

Just thought I'd introduce you to another character we're adding, Dues... A demon with a dead angel strapped to his back, we're working on some concepts of him using it as a human shield during some shootouts.

oakraida
07-06-2004, 10:51 PM
The type of movie that you put on and it forces you to keep watching till the end, then watch it again like Dawn of the Dead.