PDA

View Full Version : Internet.news

tesco
07-06-2004, 06:30 AM
Internet.News seems like a nice guy. He is a member on me and Mike's forum.
Why was he banned from here?
I asked him once, he wouldn't tell me...others didn't know.

So why?

sparsely
07-06-2004, 06:31 AM
sparsely wants to know too

J'Pol
07-06-2004, 08:09 AM
He behaved in a manner which many people found to be extremely annoying. He was repeatedly asked to stop. When he refused he was put on moderation, however he would not accept this and used multiple accounts to get round this and keep posting.

After repeated warnings for winding people up both on the board and in PM, circumventing moderation by using multiple accounts and generally being a pest he was unfortunately banned.

I make no comment on the decision, merely outline my understanding of the reasons behind it.

Rip The Jacker
07-06-2004, 08:32 AM
Internet.news had a high warning level, and was put on moderation at some point. He created more accounts to circumvent his moderation. In the end, he must have made at least 20 accounts. All were eventually banned.

I guess he was just too impatient...

muchspl2
07-06-2004, 08:40 AM
because he was a toll that broke the rules
he had more chances than most will ever get to act right but he showed his true self
I don't think he is a bad person, but I believe he is a whore and only out to get a responses, he can never come back here

MicroScreen2
07-06-2004, 10:37 AM
he's a looney

Yogi
07-06-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by J'Pol@6 July 2004 - 10:17
He behaved in a manner which many people found to be extremely annoying. He was repeatedly asked to stop. When he refused he was put on moderation, however he would not accept this and used multiple accounts to get round this and keep posting.

After repeated warnings for winding people up both on the board and in PM, circumventing moderation by using multiple accounts and generally being a pest he was unfortunately banned.

I make no comment on the decision, merely outline my understanding of the reasons behind it.

I make no comment on the decision , merely outline my understanding of the reasons behind it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :helpsmile: :rolleyes:

He is a legend, most immitated here and never left us really........

Glad he doesn't post here anymore, though.

Enough forums left where he can be admired, anyway..................

YoThere'sALittleINInAllOfUs

Busyman
07-06-2004, 11:25 AM
What's to be admired?

JONNO_CELEBS
07-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@6 July 2004 - 08:48
because he was a toll
:blink: Does that mean you paid to cross him? :unsure:

Jonno B)

J'Pol
07-06-2004, 11:29 AM
The thing is that some of us find the way other people post can be really annoying sometimes, it is just one of those things that you have to accept. It is inevitable on a forum which has so many different types of people using it.

There is no way that you are going to enjoy what everyone else does, or the way in which they do it. IN just refused to show any concern for other people's feelings, he just carried on doing whatever He wanted. In spite of being warned.

Yogi did not like me posting loads of links to things which I found amusing / interesting and thought other people might appreciate. He therefore decided that I should post everything in one thread, which would improve his enjoyment of the forum.

It's just one of those things, we are all different.

Yogi
07-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@6 July 2004 - 13:33
What's to be admired?
Persistence in stupidity. :blink:

You are the expert on that, i believe...................... :lol:

YoFool

Yogi
07-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by J'Pol@6 July 2004 - 13:37
The thing is that some of us find the way other people post can be really annoying sometimes, it is just one of those things that you have to accept. It is inevitable on a forum which has so many different types of people using it.

There is no way that you are going to enjoy what everyone else does, or the way in which they do it. IN just refused to show any concern for other people's feelings, he just carried on doing whatever He wanted. In spite of being warned.

Yogi did not like me posting loads of links to things which I found amusing / interesting and thought other people might appreciate. He therefore decided that I should post everything in one thread, which would improve his enjoyment of the forum.

It's just one of those things, we are all different.
You sensitive sod!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the links!!! I have nothing to decide!!!

Just not 50 in a day in 50 topics............

(read my comments in the "where is j'pol" thread......)

Yogi

J'Pol
07-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@6 July 2004 - 12:57

Yogi
Why is it your decision how many threads anyone else can start.

Everyone else has to put up with your self-indulgance, so why do you feel free to comment so readily on other people's posting choices.

As has been said many times, you didn't have to look in threads you didn't want to. It's not like my name doesn't appear at the start of them.

TheRealDave
07-06-2004, 11:59 AM
how come when i asked this a while ago my topic was deleted with no explination? however this one stay? <_<

J'Pol
07-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave@6 July 2004 - 13:07
how come when i asked this a while ago my topic was deleted with no explination? however this one stay? <_<
How did you ask, was it in a civil and reasonable manner or were you a wee bit aggressive

TheRealDave
07-06-2004, 12:07 PM
i was fairly polite stating my opinion that i thought he was a reasonable guy and was cureous as to why he was banned. :)

J'Pol
07-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave@6 July 2004 - 13:15
i was fairly polite stating my opinion that i thought he was a reasonable guy and was cureous as to why he was banned. :)
Then I have no idea, could it have been your rather curious spelling.

Cheese
07-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@6 July 2004 - 06:38
Internet.News seems like a nice guy. He is a member on me and Mike&#39;s forum.
Why was he banned from here?
I asked him once, he wouldn&#39;t tell me...others didn&#39;t know.

So why?
Is that Mike as in Gungrave? <_<

MicroScreen2
07-06-2004, 12:13 PM
i dont think the mods like us questioning decisions they aren&#39;t even sure about

Yogi
07-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+6 July 2004 - 14:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 6 July 2004 - 14:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SensualBarfing@6 July 2004 - 12:57

Yogi

Everyone else has to put up with your self-indulgance, so why do you feel free to comment so readily on other people&#39;s posting choices.

As has been said many times, you didn&#39;t have to look in threads you didn&#39;t want to. It&#39;s not like my name doesn&#39;t appear at the start of them. [/b][/quote]
Oh, sweet Self-indulgence.........

Coming from you: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

As i said: You sensitive (sad) sod................... :helpsmile:

Yogi

I like "exuberant"(J2K4) better..................

MicroScreen2
07-06-2004, 12:15 PM
looks like he knocked you off balance there :lol:

Yogi
07-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by MicroScreen2@6 July 2004 - 14:23
looks like he knocked you off balance there :lol:
:blink:

J'Pol
07-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing+6 July 2004 - 13:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualBarfing @ 6 July 2004 - 13:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@6 July 2004 - 14:03
<!--QuoteBegin-SensualBarfing@6 July 2004 - 12:57

Yogi

Everyone else has to put up with your self-indulgance, so why do you feel free to comment so readily on other people&#39;s posting choices.

As has been said many times, you didn&#39;t have to look in threads you didn&#39;t want to. It&#39;s not like my name doesn&#39;t appear at the start of them.

Yogi

I like "exuberant"(J2K4) better.................. [/b][/quote]
You are correct in one thing, the whole thing did sadden me. However one lives and learns from one&#39;s experiences.

It appears that I am one of the few (if not only) people who can be the subject of a poll discussing their posting habits. A poll which did not include the option to continue in the way I was already posting, that did seem a bit harsh.

That does indeed sadden me.

That you can post away, totally oblivious to what others wish or think, so long as it amuses you is to your credit. It shows a degree of self-reliance that I simply don&#39;t have.

DanB
07-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by MicroScreen2@6 July 2004 - 13:21
i dont think the mods like us questioning decisions they aren&#39;t even sure about
I think everyone knows why he was banned, heck do a frigging search for posts containing Internet.News and see what you find <_<

@ Rosco, do you ever ever ever read stuff on this forum? :lol:

Yogi
07-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+6 July 2004 - 14:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 6 July 2004 - 14:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@6 July 2004 - 13:22

Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@6 July 2004 - 14:03
<!--QuoteBegin-SensualBarfing@6 July 2004 - 12:57

Yogi

As has been said many times, you didn&#39;t have to look in threads you didn&#39;t want to. It&#39;s not like my name doesn&#39;t appear at the start of them.

Yogi

I like "exuberant"(J2K4) better..................
You are correct in one thing, the whole thing did sadden me. However one lives and learns from one&#39;s experiences.

It appears that I am one of the few (if not only) people who can be the subject of a poll discussing their posting habits. A poll which did not include the option to continue in the way I was already posting, that did seem a bit harsh.

That does indeed sadden me.

That you can post away, totally oblivious to what others wish or think, so long as it amuses you is to your credit. It shows a degree of self-reliance that I simply don&#39;t have. [/b][/quote]
These were the options given by me, before a mod disformed them(as he stated

himself):

1. yes. the chap deserves a museum&#33;&#33;

2. no i like that barsteward spamming the lounge with witty bs.

3 J&#39;pol????

You read badly, when hurt, J&#39;Pol. :ph34r:

If i grieved you by my ways, i apologize, sincerely. ;)

And i feel very sorry for you, your poll on me didn&#39;t work out.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohh, and i am not oblivious to what others think, that is truly projection on your

side. :P

I DO amuse people.Maybe not you, maybe not all, but some is enough.

I don&#39;t post by popular demand however, as you like to say it.

And that last sentence............j&#39;pol, j&#39;pol............. :helpsmile:

Yogi

J'Pol
07-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Exactly my point, no need to feel sorry for me it is all part of the learning process.

A poll regarding your posting, not a chance there. In fact I think my request was deleted, without anyone explaining why, or maybe I just couldn&#39;t find it.

However, one about my posting habits, no problem there Yogi can have that if he wants.

Oh and I know you amuse some people, that is obvious. I believe that I also did the same, provided some amusement or items of interest for some of the people. So we are similar in that respect. Amusing some people and annoying others. So why the different treatment one has to ask.

Yogi
07-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@6 July 2004 - 15:13
Exactly my point, no need to feel sorry for me it is all part of the learning process.

A poll regarding your posting, not a chance there. In fact I think my request was deleted, without anyone explaining why, or maybe I just couldn&#39;t find it.

However, one about my posting habits, no problem there Yogi can have that if he wants.

Oh and I know you amuse some people, that is obvious. I believe that I also did the same, provided some amusement or items of interest for some of the people. So we are similar in that respect. Amusing some people and annoying others. So why the different treatment one has to ask.
I don&#39;t feel sorry if i didn&#39;t grieve you.

You make it sound differently, though.

You sound jealous, and frankly that does not surprise me.

However, i think we were treated the same:

Poll by J&#39;Pol on Yogi&#39;s posting habits......................... (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=115870&view=findpost&p=1052494)

I can&#39;t be arsed no-one responded, though........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Y&#39;Poll

Busyman
07-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing+6 July 2004 - 07:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualBarfing &#064; 6 July 2004 - 07:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@6 July 2004 - 13:33
What&#39;s to be admired?

YoFool [/b][/quote]
Hey YoBeeotch,

You seem to have a bug up your ass about me.
I&#39;ve ignored you, old man, for a long time.

You might feel better if you pop your teeth back in.
Lack of dental care?
Periodontal disease?
Pyorrhea?

I know what happened...someone knocked you the fuck out for having too much mouth and now....you barely have one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It must have looked like you bit a brick.
Someone smacked you in the face with a bag of nickels.

No need to get angry at me because you are repugnent.

You are the clown of this forum.

Thanks for sharing. Your best bet is to leave me alone.

YoMama

http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/av/AT/at461.gif

Yogi
07-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Busyman+6 July 2004 - 15:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 6 July 2004 - 15:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@6 July 2004 - 07:47
<!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@6 July 2004 - 13:33
What&#39;s to be admired?

YoFool
Hey YoBeeotch,

You seem to have a bug up your ass about me.
I&#39;ve ignored you, old man, for a long time.

You might feel better if you pop your teeth back in.
Lack of dental care?
Periodontal disease?
Pyorrhea?

I know what happened...someone knocked you the fuck out for having too much mouth and now....you barely have one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It must have looked like you bit a brick.
Someone smacked you in the face with a bag of nickels.

No need to get angry at me because you are repugnAnt= Arousing disgust or aversion
You are the clown of this forum.

Thanks for sharing. Your best bet is to leave me alone.

YoMama

http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/av/AT/at461.gif [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yobeoootch

http://www.thomevans.com/images/gal3/Clown_Around.jpg

jetje
07-06-2004, 05:34 PM
the original poster answer is answered by a lot already, he can&#39;t defend himself here so it&#39;s better to close this topic ;)