PDA

View Full Version : Include Supernode In Posts?

Jibbler
03-20-2003, 03:46 PM
I've been posting alot of music in the verified section. Some files have very few sources, so its taking a while to spread the files. So, I'm just wondering if I should post my supernode when I'm sharing new material. Does anyone out there actually use Kazupernodes or any other program like that?--

Jibbler

Chilly
03-20-2003, 04:06 PM
I think thats a good idea, at least you would'nt have to worry about trying to find sources all the time.

Or have Verified's sitting in K-Lite for weeks on end. ;)

I think everyone should do this with all file types :D

N£MO
03-20-2003, 05:10 PM
I agree and think this is a good idea,as using kazupernodes to find the supernode of the person who put up the hashs is alot quicker. :)

BUT...i know we are not really allowed to put up IP's here so this is not possible.

Another idea is for the person who puts up the hash to get a dynamic ip and then put this up instead.This way using kazupernodes its possible to track this person down to the supernode they are on and start the download alot quicker....this might be a better way to do it :)

Benno
03-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@20 March 2003 - 16:46
Does anyone out there actually use Kazupernodes or any other program like that?--

No I dont.

Anybody who wants to download music easy and fast should join us at Soulseek. :P

Jibbler
03-20-2003, 05:13 PM
We can't post IP's here?--

Jibbler

N£MO
03-20-2003, 05:21 PM
I checked with one of the mods and they dont like to see IP's go up here.....but i like your idea Jibbler. :)

Afronaut
03-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Anybody knows how to get a DIP, dynamic ip? :P i could give it try, maybe it helps.

Im trying to share my songs, ppl has trouble to "find" me, thus getting no sources on Kazaa. :unsure:

btw, im on SoulSeek, a very cool place, KLF MusicWorld is da room.

N£MO
03-20-2003, 05:56 PM
You can get a DIP here (http://www.no-ip.com/)....

sleepnmojo
03-20-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@20 March 2003 - 18:21
I checked with one of the mods and they dont like to see IP's go up here.....but i like your idea Jibbler. :)
Is that with dynamic ips also, or just the numbers. I can see how the number one could be worse, but if i had moo.com.com and say wat port im at, then that shouldn't be a problem.

Bender
03-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Posting IP's - dynamic or not - isn't allowed here, it's like revealing someone's home adress.
It's all about privacy in p2p, you don't want the 'evil' side to have your adress, do you? ;)

N£MO
03-20-2003, 07:27 PM
@ Bender...i have checked the rules here and dont see any mention of not giving out dyn ip's and have seen dyn ip's posted on this board recently.
Its nothing like giving out your home address you made me laugh using that comparrison :lol: ....how can it all be about privacy in p2p when you only have to use datview to see the ip if all the sources you have downloaded from and you mods see the ip&#39;s of everyone who posts here,i think. <_< ...and we all know how easy it is to get an IP from anyone in klchat,so i just think what you said was a bit OTT(over the top) ;)

Muse
03-20-2003, 08:15 PM
Why not use a standard set of Supernodes that we can connect to.

You can download a file with supernodes here (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=21180).

The supernodes are:

clifton
Jasmine
longash
twiddler

They are usually 24/7 online

Sort them by alphabet and use the first supernode on line.

Right now this will be clifton.

So all you have to post is something like: "I am at clifton&#39;s" and we will know where to get your files. No need to post IP&#39;s :)
Maybe you can add your favorite or current supernode to your signature?

Jibbler
03-21-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Bender@20 March 2003 - 13:32
Posting IP&#39;s - dynamic or not - isn&#39;t allowed here, it&#39;s like revealing someone&#39;s home adress.
It&#39;s all about privacy in p2p, you don&#39;t want the &#39;evil&#39; side to have your adress, do you? ;)
I was thinking of posting the supernode IP, not MY IP.--

Jibbler

Muse
03-21-2003, 07:40 AM
I was thinking of posting the supernode IP, not MY IP.--

There is nothing wrong with posting your owns ip, but somone elses without his permission, hmmmm..........

Use one of the SN&#39;s mentioned above. Needs no IP posting and it works&#33;

sleepnmojo
03-22-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Muse@21 March 2003 - 08:40
There is nothing wrong with posting your owns ip, but somone elses without his permission, hmmmm..........

Use one of the SN&#39;s mentioned above. Needs no IP posting and it works&#33;
I agree, if you are going to post your ip, then the person generally has some idea of what they are doing, and the consequences. For most noobs, i don&#39;t see this happening because of all the "Aren&#39;t you afraid to get caught" posts.

I think posting of my ip (dynamic) would help speed releases. This goes for some of my releases too. You know how many pms i have to answer about the &#39;no sources&#39;, and i just ask them for their ip, or send them mine. This would take out a lot of that middle ground, and let everyone focus on what is important, sharing :sorcerer: