PDA

View Full Version : Tips

J'Pol
07-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Have you any tips that may assist other members.

Post them here, we may end up publishing a book. (That's the foldy thing with pages and black marks)

Donnie Darko
07-07-2004, 09:30 PM
Always save after playing vice city :smilie4:

MicroScreen2
07-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko@7 July 2004 - 21:38
Always save after playing vice city :smilie4:
unless you got bored, went on a killing spree, got killed and lost all your hard earned guns

DanB
07-07-2004, 09:37 PM
I will start with the inspring post - don't eat spaghetti bolognaise while wearing a white top

J'Pol
07-07-2004, 09:40 PM
If you spill red wine, pour an equal amount of white wine on it.

The lick them both up, for a gritty / rosé flavour.

DanB
07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
If you get blood on a shirt put milk on it

j2k4
07-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Never whittle in the dark. ;)

J'Pol
07-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@7 July 2004 - 22:55
Never whittle in the dark. ;)
Said the eight fingered carpenter.

Aaron_T
07-08-2004, 12:10 AM
dont ask the meaninin of GEP :lol:

j2k4
07-08-2004, 12:52 AM
Never shout, "Do you smell fish?" in a cat house.

DanB
07-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Don't eat yellow snow :(

SillyRumours
07-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Beware the consequences of suggesting tomato ketchup tastes nice on pasta

manker
07-08-2004, 12:58 AM
* always store cans of baked beans upside down so they come out of the can more easily.

* always place a ping pong ball in the lavatory when toilet training young boys, it helps if they have a target.

*always use a pinch of salt in the water when cooking pasta, not for taste, but to lower the boiling point of the water and so save gas.

Just came back from the toilet. it's amazing what you learn when reading woman's own :lol:

DanB
07-08-2004, 01:01 AM
I thought the salt drew the starch out the pasta? :unsure:

Always keep a reserve rizla in your wallet :01:

j2k4
07-08-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by manker@7 July 2004 - 20:06
* always store cans of baked beans upside down so they come out of the can more easily.

* always place a ping pong ball in the lavatory when toilet training young boys, it helps if they have a target.

*always use a pinch of salt in the water when cooking pasta, not for taste, but to lower the boiling point of the water and so save gas.

Just came back from the toilet. it's amazing what you learn when reading woman's own  :lol:
What's this?

Useful hints? :huh:

Didn't know any of those; let's have some more. ;)

manker
07-08-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by danb@8 July 2004 - 01:09
I thought the salt drew the starch out the pasta? :unsure:

not according to Mrs G. Widdrington from Huddersfield :P

when rolling shoe pastry always use a thin porcelain rolling pin rather than a thick wooden one :ph34r:

DanB
07-08-2004, 01:24 AM
When shining my 5 stars use Mr Sheen as it doesn't smear :P

manker
07-08-2004, 02:10 AM
when preparing horse chestnuts for the annual conker championships make sure that the hole you put through the centre of them is as small as possible. it may take longer but a darning needle is the optimum tool rather than the usual meat skewer.

manker
06-29-2006, 09:35 PM
* always place a ping pong ball in the lavatory when toilet training young boys, it helps if they have a target.:ermm:

Mr JP Fugley
06-29-2006, 09:38 PM
* always place a ping pong ball in the lavatory when toilet training young boys, it helps if they have a target.:ermm:
:glag:

manker
06-29-2006, 09:47 PM
JP, have you seen this:

http://www.uknova.com/details.php?id=28438

From back in the days that Rangers tried being Engerlish. I've never seen that match so am stealing.

Mr JP Fugley
06-29-2006, 09:55 PM
JP, have you seen this:

http://www.uknova.com/details.php?id=28438

From back in the days that Rangers tried being Engerlish. I've never seen that match so am stealing.
I remember it well mate, thought about downloading it as well, however decided agin it due to ratio issues.

I could tell you the results of the prosecutions but I wouldn't want to spoil it for you. Suffice to say the forces of darkness were dealt with in the appropriate manner (other than Graham Roberts, who also thought conducting "the sash" at an Old Firm game was a fantastic idea) and the innocent victim of their vile attacks was totally exonerated.

Proper Bo
06-29-2006, 09:59 PM
What is it, for us who aren't members, loiyke?

manker
06-29-2006, 10:01 PM
It seemed to be thick Englishmen who incited the crowd in the worst possible way during those games. People who hadn't grown up with the sectarian problems.

I can sort of forgive Gazza due to him being Gazza but I don't remember ever seeing Graham Roberts do 'owt good so I'll put him on my cunt list.

Mr JP Fugley
06-29-2006, 10:01 PM

I think that's fairly obvious.

If you're a middle aged Celtic supporter.

manker
06-29-2006, 10:03 PM
a more violent than usual old Auld Firm match at Pittodrie.

Proper Bo
06-29-2006, 10:05 PM
You both just admitted to being members, you cawks.:pinch:

Mr JP Fugley
06-29-2006, 10:06 PM
It seemed to be thick Englishmen who incited the crowd in the worst possible way during those games. People who hadn't grown up with the sectarian problems.

I can sort of forgive Gazza due to him being Gazza but I don't remember ever seeing Graham Roberts do 'owt good so I'll put him on my cunt list.
He had to go in goal in one game. The hun were singing the sash and he thought, "I'll conduct them, that'll be a jolly jape". It didn't go down well. However I took that as being ignorance (in the true sense of the word). Just him conducing his fans, if it was anything other than that he was well out of order.

Gascoigne playing the "airflute" must have known the cultural significance. There was no other reason to do it. Well I suppose some cretin may have suggested it to him and he was stupid enough to do it, sans knowing how it would effect people.

Mr JP Fugley
06-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Oh FFS, that's just shite, you can do so much better than that. Hang your head in shame.

manker
06-29-2006, 10:12 PM
:huh:

Proper Bo
06-29-2006, 10:12 PM
:huh:
rodoff, cockchops. :snooty:

manker
06-29-2006, 10:16 PM

He had to go in goal in one game. The hun were singing the sash and he thought, "I'll conduct them, that'll be a jolly jape". It didn't go down well. However I took that as being ignorance (in the true sense of the word). Just him conducing his fans, if it was anything other than that he was well out of order.

Gascoigne playing the "airflute" must have known the cultural significance. There was no other reason to do it. Well I suppose some cretin may have suggested it to him and he was stupid enough to do it, sans knowing how it would effect people.That's why I wouldn't think Gazza was up to no good - one of his mates probably said to him, while on the lash, that it would be a laugh to play the airflute 'cos the crowd would go nuts.

So, when he celebrated the goal, that's what came to mind first - much like when he scored that magnificent goal against the Scotch and the first thing that came into his mind wasn't how his goal had influenced the game, but to get himself into position to do the 'barber chair' celebration.

He's not like you or I :ermm:

Mr JP Fugley
06-29-2006, 10:19 PM

Gascoigne playing the "airflute" must have known the cultural significance. There was no other reason to do it. Well I suppose some cretin may have suggested it to him and he was stupid enough to do it, sans knowing how it would effect people.That's why I wouldn't think Gazza was up to no good - one of his mates probably said to him, while on the lash, that it would be a laugh to play the airflute 'cos the crowd would go nuts.

So, when he celebrated the goal, that's what came to mind first - much like when he scored that magnificent goal against the Scotch and the first thing that came into his mind wasn't how his goal had influenced the game, but to get himself into position to do the 'barber chair' celebration.

He's not like you or I :ermm:

Good point, well presented. I suspect you have the psychology of the individual well sussed.

manker
06-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Oh FFS, that's just shite, you can do so much better than that. Hang your head in shame.
:lol: You normally get all prickly when I start rodding about t'Hoops, so I've stopped doing it for now.

That was aimed at Bo, altho' it probably went over his head because he's a bit like a Geordie Bawa.

Proper Bo
06-29-2006, 10:26 PM
:wHeYaYePeT:

Mr JP Fugley
06-29-2006, 10:27 PM
:lol: You normally get all prickly when I start rodding about t'Hoops, so I've stopped doing it for now.

That was aimed at Bo, altho' it probably went over his head because he's a bit like a Geordie Bawa.
Geordie BawA. :glag::earl

Genious.

Duffman
06-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Always remember that guilty by association is just as good as guilty.

Gripper
06-30-2006, 08:43 PM

:unsure: What'di do:whistling

spenz
07-01-2006, 11:39 AM
right dudue!

sear
07-01-2006, 01:13 PM
If you spill somthing on your whit carpet....pray you get your bond moneyv back

No realy pour a shitload of salt on it then vac it up, works like a charm.

Mr JP Fugley
07-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Always remember that guilty by association is just as good as guilty.
What in the name of fuck does that mean?

peat moss
07-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Never eat at a restaurant named Mom's or play pool against a midget .

Never fight someone who takes his watch off first .

Mr JP Fugley
07-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Never eat at a restaurant named Mom's or play pool against a midget .

Indeed, the ball never bounces true.

And also, where are you going to get 4 midgets in the proper proportions.

In fact 2 of your midgets need to be 6 feet tall for it to work.

You just haven't thought it thro', mate.

missie
07-02-2006, 12:45 AM
hobbits wearing moonboots are a different matter

spenz
07-02-2006, 09:04 AM
never wear a bra if you're a guy. LOL does that count corny shit.