PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player Alternative

anti00Zero
07-07-2004, 10:40 PM
could it be possible, that the guys from real and quick time alternative can build it?

if yes, :wub:

because i hat wmp.

i alwayse use winamp and kazaa lite mega codec pack.

but stream with windows media files is imposible. :(

because i removed wmp from my hdd.

thx for all :)

muchspl2
07-07-2004, 10:42 PM
mpc

kchikin
07-08-2004, 06:10 AM
The user is pointing you at "Media Player Classic" which is bundled with K-Lite. It's a very nice program... not perfect, but my favorite choice for movies. You can also visit the Sourceforge site (it's open source) to download the latest version at:
Media Player Classic (MPC) (https://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/)

muchspl2
07-08-2004, 07:47 AM
yep, sucks being lazy

anti00Zero
07-08-2004, 09:53 PM
no. i use mpc.

but i want to see streams from windows media files on my browser like real or quicktime alternative ;)

kchikin
07-08-2004, 10:06 PM
You can use MPC for this. If it's not working then something isn't set up properly. Try the forums for MPC in the above link.

fonedog
07-09-2004, 01:00 PM
please excuse the 'newb' but...

I see no sign in the MPC docs about windows media *plugins*
if it is .wmv, .wmf we are talking about...

I cant seem to understand how the 'sourceforge' support page is structured - please can you say it in plain newbie-speak?? (please!!)

I have the klite pack (with BSplayer [version 1.00.808] & Media Player Classic [version 6.4.8.2] )

another question is when MSmediaplayer2 would just get a new codec, how would I enable this for bsplayer etc??

rrtn
07-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by anti00Zero@8 July 2004 - 16:01
but i want to see streams from windows media files on my browser like real or quicktime alternative ;)
copy/paste url into 'Open' ;)

fonedog
07-10-2004, 03:39 PM
errr... open where?? if you mean 'mediaplayer' - my kid can do that...

in the browser is totally different, needing a *plugin* like quicktime or realplayer uses...

without this, a properly setup browser will just savethe file, or load the external player with it loaded...

severina
07-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Hi! My name is S........
I have some problem with codecs, like most of you :helpsmile:
With mega K-Lite codec I have problem with madia player clasic. I threw out my mega codecs and installed standard codecs. Itīs better now but I cant see movies in AVI preview. Onli I can see are lines!???
Can somebody help me. Iīm mother to 2 children and they play games most of time. I havenīt so mutch time to "play" with Kazaa.
Wath is that I realy need to be able to see kazaa movies on my computer. Witch one codecs and witch one player is enough for me
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! :helpsmile: [COLOR=purple]

kchikin
07-13-2004, 07:01 PM
severina... unfortunately the way things are with the state of codecs today I don't think there is any 'simple' way to figure out these kinds of problems. These codec packs go a long way towards this, but sometimes you just have to work at it and the answers may be difficult to come by.

If you've installed the latest version(s) of K-Lite (and most other codec packs) there is a utility called GSpot that can tell you what codecs are necessary to play your file. Now, the version currently included in the latest release version of K-Lite doesn't really handle MPG/MPEG files (only AVI) but the latest BETA adds solid MPG support.