PDA

View Full Version : Best Dvd Authoring Software?

DWells55
07-09-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm stuck with all these SVCD movies on my comp, and I can't do squat with them because my DVD players won't read SVCD. So I figured the way to go would be to convert them all to MPG2s and then to DVDs. Anyone have any suggestions for a good DVD Authoring program? There are so many, and I don't know which to use. I've used TMPGEnc, and I've had too many problems with it so far, so I was looking for an alternative. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I couldn't decide if this belongs in Movieworld or Softwareworld, I put it here because I'd be making DVDs of movies...

ShareDaddy
07-10-2004, 04:41 AM
I use Sonic MyDVD, came with something I bought along the way, works great for me when I call upon it for something of that nature, whenever possible I try to dupe from DVD with DVDShrink.

MagusDraco
07-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Well, if you wanna shill out 100 bucks..or if you know where to search for serials, try to get DVD-Lab. It's pretty damn good. Has some glitches here and there (for menus ya need to make sure all sound files are the same format or one format won't play on the dvd) and it can't do multiple audio tracks (yet..dvd-lab pro can..if that's even out).

You can d/l some 30 day trial thing from the website (it's the full version..but it needs a serial for you to keep using it). Search on google for it since the main website is down or something.