PDA

View Full Version : My Teac Dv-w58g Writer's Stopped Burning Dvd's

arrynev
07-10-2004, 09:34 AM
:helpsmile: i bought this writer a few weeks ago and it worked fine, now if i try to burn a film on it it will go through all the stages (maybe 4/5 hrs) and at the end when it should start to burn it gives me an error message telling me there is not enough room on the disc, i have tried various discs, all the same. i have tried to burn in Nero Vision Express, and also Videocapturix suite, but i get the same result! it will burn music to a normal C/D, no problem, i have even tried to burn a small video of 2.72mo on it, all with the same result. i've tried Phillips DVD+RW's extended play 240min, and Emtec DVD+R 120min can anyone please help?

Duffman
07-10-2004, 07:54 PM
maybe you need -r/-rws?

kaiweiler
07-11-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Duffman3@10 July 2004 - 16:02
maybe you need -r/-rws?
I doubt that's his problem, as far as I know the Teac Dv-w58g is a +Writer not a -Writer.

Spindulik
07-11-2004, 02:48 AM
4-5 hours?????????

Maybe you shouldn't own a DVD burner.

It sounds like you are "burning", via software program, that is converting a non-DVD movie into a standard MPEG-2 file.

Converting a full length movie, such as a compressed DIVX AVI file, into a DVD MPEG-2 file can take up to 9 hours. You need to get TMPGenc to do your converting, then your DVD burning session should take only 1/2 hour (depending on what speed you choose to burn).

----------------
2 TIPS before burning. (Your audio may beome out of sync near the end of the movie).

- The DIVX or XVID file (or any non DVD format) must be scanned and fixed before converting.

- Some audio (certain codecs) need to be extracted from the movie before converting to MPEG-2 (Used the extracted audio as the AUDIO SOURCE)

tesco
07-11-2004, 02:50 AM
Kai, that's wrong it does both formats. (http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Specific.asp?ArticleHeadline=Teac+DV-W58G&Series=0) Although it seems that + burns twice teh speed of -. :blink:

I know almost nothing about DVD writers\DVD media, so all i can suggest is trying a different firmware version.

That and uninstall all cd drive\burner realted programs (other burning apps, image mounting programs, etc.)

kaiweiler
07-11-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@10 July 2004 - 22:58
Kai, that's wrong it does both formats. (http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Specific.asp?ArticleHeadline=Teac+DV-W58G&Series=0) Although it seems that + burns twice teh speed of -. :blink:

I know almost nothing about DVD writers\DVD media, so all i can suggest is trying a different firmware version.

That and uninstall all cd drive\burner realted programs (other burning apps, image mounting programs, etc.)
oops, my mistake
nevertheless it still does burn + media so that's not the problem ;)

Spindulik
07-11-2004, 02:59 AM
Tell us exactly what you are doing. Please! From the beginning to the end. What software you are using, home videos etc....

Then I can see where the problem is and tell you how I burn and what software I use.

I can help you out. I do a LOT of video editing and burning. Visit my website for kicks, and see.

tesco
07-11-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Spindulik@10 July 2004 - 22:07
Tell us exactly what you are doing. Please! From the beginning to the end. What software you are using, home videos etc....

Then I can see where the problem is and tell you how I burn and what software I use.

I can help you out. I do a LOT of video editing and burning. Visit my website for kicks, and see.
Just looking at your sig i can tell you do a lot.

Also remember to tell us the type of file (avi, mpeg, whatever it is).

arrynev
07-12-2004, 11:34 AM
ok i have an athlon XP 2400 processor, with 1024Ram running on XP Home, my VGA card is Gainward GeForce 4 Pro/600 TV 64 mb DDR TV-OUT, and also a Guillemot Maxi TV3 TV tuner PCI card. i capture video/tv with "VideoCapturix" software. i use Nero Vision Express, and MY DVD to (try to) burn to DVD. a few weeks ago i had no problems, i have even reformatted, but nothing changes. my files are home video AVI compressed to DIVX codec, at 14 frames /sec 48kbs 24bits this one is only 3min36sec long, and AVI video 686mo (downloaded from Emule) 25 frames/sec 115kpbs 24bits compressed to DIVXMPG4 V3 this is 1hr 41min. as i have said everything looks fine until the very end, when i get the error message "not enough room on the disk" i have tried with numerous "NEW" out of the packet disks, all the same, what is going on.