PDA

View Full Version : The Punisher Is Terrible!

Vamp
07-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Wow is it bad! Got it on DVD from a friend and it's one of the worst action movies I've ever seen! The editing is terrible! Now that I have experience in film-making, it actually bugs me seeing so many nuances... The muzzle flashes are obviously composited and the acting is atrocious!

The Real Punisher (Dolph Ludgren) wouldn't play stupid games like throwing money out of windwos, he was the most bad-ass of them all, he would have stormed in there and blown everyone to shit.

Manny Roscoe
07-10-2004, 08:42 PM
You should of read my review a couple of months back.... :D

Yeah....The orginal Punisher with Dolph was actually better.....

trobinson97
07-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@10 July 2004 - 15:50

Seriously? if the new one is worse than the old one thien it is bad indeed. I thought Dolph's sucked.

Ninja Monkey
07-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by trobinson97+10 July 2004 - 21:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trobinson97 @ 10 July 2004 - 21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Manny Roscoe@10 July 2004 - 15:50

Seriously? if the new one is worse than the old one thien it is bad indeed. I thought Dolph&#39;s sucked. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, Dolph is the worst actor, biggest loser, and most desperate Schwarzenegger wannabe in the world, lol.

SuperJude™
07-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@10 July 2004 - 21:50
Sad to say but true. The minute I heard they had Travolta as the bad guy I knew it was going to suck, I really did. At least with the Dolf version they knew it was crap seemingly and tried to make it watchable.

It saddens me. Frank Castle is one of my favorite characters and they keep screwing up what should be a great great story. I always thought the feel of the movie se7en would be perfect for it. I think maybe there is a subtlety in Punisher that movie people just do not get. They get the revenge, the weapons, the black outfit with Skull but they don&#39;t get what made so many of us love Punisher so much back in the day that they did a pro wrestling move and turned him into a good guy.

Oh well. One day, maybe they will give me the budget and let me direct it. I wish.

-SJ™

Dray_04
07-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Monkey+16 July 2004 - 05:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ninja Monkey @ 16 July 2004 - 05:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by trobinson97@10 July 2004 - 21:20
<!--QuoteBegin-Manny Roscoe@10 July 2004 - 15:50

Seriously? if the new one is worse than the old one thien it is bad indeed. I thought Dolph&#39;s sucked.
Yeah, Dolph is the worst actor, biggest loser, and most desperate Schwarzenegger wannabe in the world, lol. [/b][/quote]
LMFAO ... good call :D

judgeofallandnothing
07-16-2004, 08:46 PM
I agree I was throughly disappointer... the book and the comics are so much better. The books actually explains stuff... the movie just happens randomly.... in the books it explains that Weeks was a good friend of Frank&#39;s but betrayed him due to blackmail from Saints.. in the movie we have no idea how Saint&#39;s how a top secret file :01:

Frank&#39;s miraculous recovery? What happened there? All we know is he is shot and lives :helpsmile:

The Russian... unless you read the "Welcome Back Frank" comic then you have no clue who he is....

To sum it up both Punisher movies have no plots... I was disappointed with both and the only good factor about the new one is the scene with the knives.