PDA

View Full Version : Legality Question

Left_Of_Cool
07-10-2004, 10:47 PM
A while back I remember reading something on someone's signature that said something to the effect that uploading was illegal while downloading was not. This is wrong, isn't it? Doesn't "copyright infringement" go both ways? Either way, it doesn't bear a bit on my file-sharing. I'm protected by ProtoWall and will continue to share.

Broken
07-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Depending on your contries laws both are illegal.
However, the targets for copywrite holders have been those uploading the stuff. If you destory the sources, the network will follow.

Left_Of_Cool
07-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Thanks

Rat Faced
07-11-2004, 12:04 AM
US & Californian Law is applicable here, if those members wish to advise...

;)

zippy_frog
07-11-2004, 04:41 AM
It's legal (for now) in Canada.

Left_Of_Cool
07-11-2004, 05:20 AM
I'm in the US. That's very cool that it's still legal for the moment in Canada. Must be that its media industries aren't as ridden with greed as ours are.

zippy_frog
07-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Left_Of_Cool@11 July 2004 - 05:28
I'm in the US. That's very cool that it's still legal for the moment in Canada. Must be that its media industries aren't as ridden with greed as ours are.
LOL. In the immortal words of Peter Griffin: Bastards. :angry: Yeah, there was a supreme court judge who decided through some legal s*it that music downloading was legal, bla bla bla. But then, so is pot (up to 15 grams) horray! Huh? What were we talking about? Oh yeah, right. It's too bad that you guys don't get free legal music. Ours probably won't last though.