PDA

View Full Version : Faster Thumbnail Loading!?!?

Wolfmight
07-11-2004, 01:16 AM
How can I get the thumbnails to just appear without having to reload and store each time I view the folder? Why cant I just have windows automaticly load the thumbnails for a certain folder so they appear right away!

iMartin
07-11-2004, 01:49 AM
Go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> And scroll down and make sure Do not cache thumbnails. isn't ticked.

That's about the only thing I'd know.

tesco
07-11-2004, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by [-Crono-]@10 July 2004 - 20:57
Go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> And scroll down and make sure Do not cache thumbnails. isn't ticked.

That's about the only thing I'd know.
I've done that but mine in this one folder always reload everytime. Have on every reinstall of windows... :rolleyes:

Can't figure it out, but i don't really care 'cause they load fast anyway.

Wolfmight
07-11-2004, 04:05 PM
hey, that setting works great.. now all I need is a program that can scan and cache all my current icons making my computer showing everything but recently added things appear instantly. That'd be awesome.

sparsely
07-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Don't know for sure that this will help but, Windows has a default limit of the number of folder's view settings that it will remember.
I think it's set to 400. If you go to Microsoft's site & get Tweak UI for XP you can change that number, so that it remembers as many view settings as you like.