DanB
07-12-2004, 04:55 PM
:01:

Snee
07-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Yeah why, goddammit.

DanB
07-12-2004, 04:58 PM
An official explanation would be nice :)

{I}{K}{E}
07-12-2004, 05:05 PM
He was put on moderation... when he was on moderation he used other accounts to post, if you reads the rules it says that you will get banned on all accounts if you do this.

thats 1 reason.

Cheese
07-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@12 July 2004 - 17:13
He was put on moderation... when he was on moderation he used other accounts to post, if you reads the rules it says that you will get banned on all accounts if you do this.

thats 1 reason.
So what?

He had to actually tell people it was him. you lot sure as hell had no clue it was him, and he did not cause any trouble. So what harm was done?

DanB
07-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Thats a quality reason to ban a very well repsected member of the community :D

DanB
07-12-2004, 05:31 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=117667 :01:

Snee
07-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@12 July 2004 - 18:13

thats 1 reason.
Yep, but that was long ago.

You can't go getting people for something they got away with months ago.

Either you kick them out then, or wait for them to build up to something equally stupid.

Not saying I approve of what was done using the chevy account, quite the contrary in fact.

But you have to catch them in the act.

Can't go around doing it this way.

Who knows how many people might get in trouble for something they might even have forgotten on this board.

This board ain't full of angels, you know.
Besides, I see some people get away with murder(only metaphorically speaking as of yet, but still) and get off with just a little bit of moderation, despite being racist arseholes or somesuch.

They get off on account of their age or some other excuse while others get toasted for something relatively harmless.

The rules should be the same for everyone you know (and yes I realize I might have gotten moderated a few times over if things were absolutely fair, but still).

That is, if you want to lean on the rules on this one.

AussieSheila
07-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Fuck you ... you can ban me too. You people aren't worth a pinch of cocky shit.

manker
07-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Good post SnnY.

I'd like to add that I sent a PM to a mod recently asking for some sort of action to be taken against a member who made comments of a pedophillic nature several times over in the lounge.

That member is still posting in our forum. No banning, no moderation and as far as I can gather no warnings either. I doubt anyone would shed a tear or raise a post should this member depart.

Sam4 is unable to post because, ultimately, he wrote some silly stuff when he was drunk. There is a 17 page thread requesting Sam4's re-instatement to the board.

I don't think this is consistent mod behaviour, more importantly it is clearly not aligned with what the members would want, given the choice.

{I}{K}{E}
07-12-2004, 06:25 PM
*edit

did not know he was banned yet.

[B][O][T]
07-12-2004, 06:28 PM
He's banned.

BOT

DanB
07-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by [B][O][T]@12 July 2004 - 19:36
He's banned.

BOT
He sure is :angry:

http://illdev.ashst.com/JCAimages/forums/freesam1.gif

Mathea
07-12-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@12 July 2004 - 18:25
Fuck you ... you can ban me too. You people aren't worth a pinch of cocky shit.
seriously, whats ur problem?

need some of this?
http://www.manekineko.us/catalog/images/product/exlax_120pills_enlarge.jpg

SeK612
07-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Actions and decisions made by moderators and administrators are final.

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=116642

:unsure:

DanB
07-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by SeK612@12 July 2004 - 19:46

Actions and decisions made by moderators and administrators are final.

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=116642

:unsure:
There is no decisons made in there, that is just drunk FC rambling :lol:

tracydani
07-12-2004, 07:00 PM
From what I understand sam is an adult(and not a young 20 something either). As such he should be held accountable for his actions. Being a drunk and haveing personal problems is one thing. Expecting the mods/admin/forum members to deal with it is another.

As for being respectable and for a 17 page support thread, the support seems to be from the same small group of people spamming the same (or merged) threads. If he is so respectable, I doubt a ban would be being discussed at this time.

TD

DanB
07-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by tracydani@12 July 2004 - 20:08
From what I understand sam is an adult(and not a young 20 something either). As such he should be held accountable for his actions. Being a drunk and haveing personal problems is one thing. Expecting the mods/admin/forum members to deal with it is another.

As for being respectable and for a 17 page support thread, the support seems to be from the same small group of people spamming the same (or merged) threads. If he is so respectable, I doubt a ban would be being discussed at this time.

TD
There is a lot of members not on yet.

Thanks for teh support though :D

ginguar
07-12-2004, 07:04 PM
I don't know much about the situation but I thought a forum was a community and therefore the opinions of the members would count for something. I have seen very few posts that actually seem to support the banning of Sam. The general consensus seems to be that he is brought back.
Also can I ask, why was Ads not banned as well?

Cheese
07-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ginguar@12 July 2004 - 19:12
I don't know much about the situation but I thought a forum was a community and therefore the opinions of the members would count for something. I have seen very few posts that actually seem to support the banning of Sam. The general consensus seems to be that he is brought back.
Also can I ask, why was Ads not banned as well?
It was a silly argument nothing more. Not something anyone should have been banned for.

Snee
07-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by tracydani@12 July 2004 - 20:08

TD
From what I understand you haven't even read through the thread in the lounge.

People who hold no particular allegiance to sam have posted in there too, haven't seen many people in support of his banning tho'.

Cheese
07-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by tracydani@12 July 2004 - 19:08

TD
30+ members showing their support is no small group:

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?s=&ac...DE=who&t=117667 (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?s=&act=Stats&CODE=who&t=117667)

NikkiD
07-12-2004, 07:10 PM
As evidenced by IKE's earlier post, we weren't aware the ban had happened yet, the discussion was still going.

There are many other members who are not in support of the ban, some of whom have even had run ins with Sam before.

manker
07-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by tracydani@12 July 2004 - 19:08

TD
Who the hell said anything about being respectable. I didn't realise that was a stipulation of joining the board and a precursor to prevent being banned from it.

The point is that sam has vociferous support among members that have interacted with him and that there is a lot worse that goes on than an occasional drunken tirade.

Entity101
07-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Samsamsamsam has been issued several warnings over time. In fact his warn level was so high (the highest of all active members) that formally a ban was long over due. We had a vote in team chat and the majority voted for a ban. The rest voted for indefinate moderation.