PDA

View Full Version : You Are Making It Difficult

Mathea
07-12-2004, 11:55 PM
to have a decent conversation. instead of just closing every thread why can't you actually discuss this?

saying all decisions are final is crap, you are hiding behind ur stars....

in this section ppl have tried to actualyl have as erious discussion, closing it n threatening moderation is ridiculous.

Furthermore, in case you havent btohered to read all the posts, even MODERATORS were not aware of the actions that took place.

So even though i guess this will be futile, can you actually act like a decent human being for a minute and address people's concerns?

DanB
07-12-2004, 11:57 PM
Hear, hear, you have banned one and put 5 on moderation, how many more must it be? :unsure:

Illuminati
07-12-2004, 11:59 PM
My recent involvement in certain member's signatures already shows my agreement more than words would.

Mathea
07-13-2004, 12:00 AM
meanwhile most of it could be avoided if ppl got over their little power trips and would discuss something.

you see, I can understand that there are rules. and rules should be followed.... usually. but they are not set in stone. my god, you gave a movderator a second chance when he brought down the board! and while Im sure you're tired of seeing all the sam4 threads, maybe it should say somethign to you. This is a COMMUNITY.... everyone should have a voice. And with so many ppl trying to express it how can you turn ur back. good one.

btw usually mods stick together (in a good, team like way) but even that is gone...

pol
07-13-2004, 12:05 AM
Furthermore, in case you havent btohered to read all the posts, even MODERATORS were not aware of the actions that took place.

it was clear from the results of a poll (the only way it could be decided because people had different opinions) what actions would take place. because it wasn't posted about beforehand doesn't mean it wasn't going to happen

you see, I can understand that there are rules. and rules should be followed.... usually. but they are not set in stone. my god, you gave a movderator a second chance when he brought down the board! and while Im sure you're tired of seeing all the sam4 threads, maybe it should say somethign to you. This is a COMMUNITY.... everyone should have a voice. And with so many ppl trying to express it how can you turn ur back. good one.

the only way it can be fair to everyone is if everyone sticks to the same rules

namzuf9
07-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Surely its better to allow one of these topics to remian open and actually discuss the situation than just quoting rules and closing topics?
Or does the admin not like us common users to be able to discuss opinions on a discussion board?

Mathea
07-13-2004, 12:09 AM
funny how that hasnt always been the case in the past. you guys seem to pick n choose when everything is "equal"....

also, from what it sounds like, the poll wasnt quite complete but as soon as it was leaning towards ban someone took the opportunity to do so. w/e. im not in team chat so I dont know first hand, but it seems as though there is trouble brewing there, as i have never seen so many of em unhappy at once... and publicly so.

open your eyes guys.... maybe you should take into consideration the rest of the members.... as with out them there would be what? mods and admins? no offense, as I get on with a few, but it doesnt sound like much fun.

and again, as for "same rules for everyone" that doesnt seem to hold true. its only said when needed to back a decision that is highly unpopular.

MagicNakor
07-13-2004, 12:12 AM
There were 13 votes. But there are (currently) only 12 mods/admins. So someone who's no longer a mod/admin voted.

The "results" of that poll aren't nearly as vast a majority as I've seen it been made out to be.

:ninja:

Cheese
07-13-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by namzuf9@13 July 2004 - 00:16
Surely its better to allow one of these topics to remian open and actually discuss the situation than just quoting rules and closing topics?
Or does the admin not like us common users to be able to discuss opinions on a discussion board?
So true.

If, after all the admin have no intention of changing their minds how does it harm them if we discuss it until we are blue in the face. Does it dent their egos so much that we think they have made bad decisions?

DanB
07-13-2004, 12:15 AM
Thanks for that MN :D

Mathea
07-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by danb@13 July 2004 - 00:23
Thanks for that MN :D
indeed

Cheese
07-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@13 July 2004 - 00:20
There were 13 votes. But there are (currently) only 12 mods/admins. So someone who's no longer a mod/admin voted.

The "results" of that poll aren't nearly as vast a majority as I've seen it been made out to be.

They should have used public opinion of the board as the 13th vote...I can only think of a handful of people who would be against sam being reinstated in some way despite what error said elsewhere.

pol
07-13-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@13 July 2004 - 00:20

weird about 13 votes, must have been a 'forum star' i suppose

and i haven't seen it described as a "vast" majority, everyone knows the team was split over it

Cheese
07-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by pol+13 July 2004 - 00:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 13 July 2004 - 00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@13 July 2004 - 00:20
There were 13 votes. But there are (currently) only 12 mods/admins. So someone who&#39;s no longer a mod/admin voted.

The "results" of that poll aren&#39;t nearly as vast a majority as I&#39;ve seen it been made out to be.

weird about 13 votes, must have been a &#39;forum star&#39; i suppose

and i haven&#39;t seen it described as a "vast" majority, everyone knows the team was split over it [/b][/quote]
Perhaps it was Haxor voting in the poll? :unsure:

DanB
07-13-2004, 12:29 AM
I can&#39;t help but think the community should be represented in someway :unsure:

sparsely
07-13-2004, 12:30 AM
the large majority of the &#39;community&#39; couldn&#39;t really give a fuck less.

;)

namzuf9
07-13-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by pol@13 July 2004 - 01:31

and i haven&#39;t seen it described as a "vast" majority, everyone knows the team was split over it
Should a "Forum Stars&#39; " opinion be given more merit than a normal member?

If the team was that "split" about the matter why was a banning carried out regardless of both the mod teams and common users feelings?

Does&#39;nt seem quite right to me.

Cheese
07-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by pol+13 July 2004 - 00:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 13 July 2004 - 00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@13 July 2004 - 00:20
There were 13 votes. But there are (currently) only 12 mods/admins. So someone who&#39;s no longer a mod/admin voted.

The "results" of that poll aren&#39;t nearly as vast a majority as I&#39;ve seen it been made out to be.

and i haven&#39;t seen it described as a "vast" majority, everyone knows the team was split over it [/b][/quote]
You polls sound great...wouldn&#39;t it be better to POST your vote in the Teamchat and manually count them up rather than a poll?

I&#39;m pretty sure you would have given your opinions on it so there would be no need for secrecy would there?

Cheese
07-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Sparsely@13 July 2004 - 00:38

the large majority of the &#39;community&#39; couldn&#39;t really give a fuck less.

;)
Did you poll them all or did you just make that up? :unsure:

DanB
07-13-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Sparsely@13 July 2004 - 01:38

;)
And you speak for them all? <_<

pol
07-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by namzuf9+13 July 2004 - 00:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (namzuf9 &#064; 13 July 2004 - 00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-pol@13 July 2004 - 01:31

and i haven&#39;t seen it described as a "vast" majority, everyone knows the team was split over it
Should a "Forum Stars&#39; " opinion be given more merit than a normal member?

If the team was that "split" about the matter why was a banning carried out regardless of both the mod teams and common users feelings?

Does&#39;nt seem quite right to me.[/b][/quote]
as i said i&#39;m not sure about the 13th vote

the decision wasn&#39;t carried out without the mods opinions. a poll is the last resort when something cant be decided otherwise, and as all the mods (and more it seems), voted then it has to go with the majority - and everyone who has been banned has mates so the decision has to come down to sticking to the rules, so it&#39;s fair for everyone

*Edited to add the poll was started before 2 of the mods changed to the &#39;forum star&#39; group

*Edit 2, sorry, didn&#39;t notice your edit RP

Virtualbody1234
07-13-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Mathea@12 July 2004 - 18:17
w/e. im not in team chat so I dont know first hand

Exactly&#33;

Since regular members aren&#39;t actively following what goes on in team chat and what previous actions mods have taken with members who misbehave, you cannot have the same perspective as the mod team.

The team tries to do work here and just about every time there is the same questions about details, details and more details needed before the subject gets dropped. Then a week later another member, who doesn&#39;t bother to read, comes along again a asks something like "Why was so and so put on moderation?". The mods are volonteers and you act as if they owe you an explanation. They have already done more efforts with this than they should. This shit never ends.

Sure the team can make mistakes but overall they are right. Just let them do their jobs for once.

Mathea
07-13-2004, 12:51 AM
great. lovely. to say that hte rules are consistantly enforced is a joke. furthermore you&#39;re right, they do volunteer, though some seem to weild their power a little more heavy handed than the rest. some also dont seem to be able to admit when they are wrong, but I guess that is for another time.

Like i said earlier, it seems as though before there would be disagreements, but everyone worked as a team.. now there is open disagreement, and rather than be open minded and perhaps admit to hasty action, everyone is met with the same response, which is crap.

congrats. you volunteer to run the board. it used to be that it was a job well done. maybe its time that some ppl are put in check and take a look at what they say/do and see how they dont quite fit right.

and without members, there would be no board. what happened? as soon as someone gave u ur shiny blue stars you figured you were more important than the rest? as for forum stars having a vote, how cute is that... they count more than the rest (as someone already pointed out).

sparsely
07-13-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+12 July 2004 - 19:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 12 July 2004 - 19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparsely@13 July 2004 - 00:38

;)
Did you poll them all or did you just make that up? :unsure: [/b][/quote]
it is spelled out clearly by their complete absence from this thread. :D

DanB
07-13-2004, 12:52 AM
:01: Yeah Mathea :01:

Cheese
07-13-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Sparsely+13 July 2004 - 01:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparsely @ 13 July 2004 - 01:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Withcheese@12 July 2004 - 19:42
<!--QuoteBegin-Sparsely@13 July 2004 - 00:38

;)
Did you poll them all or did you just make that up? :unsure:
it is spelled out clearly by their complete absence from this thread. :D [/b][/quote]
You of course know that we have all been put on moderation...apart from you, Mathea and DanB... :lol:

MagicNakor
07-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by pol@13 July 2004 - 01:31

Then perhaps Error could stop pointing out that the "majority" voted for a ban. If we discount that queer 13th vote, it would&#39;ve been split 50/50.

Want to address this point, without re-opening the thread. Mine was the last vote, because the poll had not been added to the topic before I moved. Also, at the time of the vote, BOT and RTJ were part of the team, I am just assumiong that Brian did not vote :huh:

pol
07-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Mathea@13 July 2004 - 00:59
great. lovely. to say that hte rules are consistantly enforced is a joke. furthermore you&#39;re right, they do volunteer, though some seem to weild their power a little more heavy handed than the rest. some also dont seem to be able to admit when they are wrong, but I guess that is for another time.

Like i said earlier, it seems as though before there would be disagreements, but everyone worked as a team.. now there is open disagreement, and rather than be open minded and perhaps admit to hasty action, everyone is met with the same response, which is crap.

congrats. you volunteer to run the board. it used to be that it was a job well done. maybe its time that some ppl are put in check and take a look at what they say/do and see how they dont quite fit right.

and without members, there would be no board. what happened? as soon as someone gave u ur shiny blue stars you figured you were more important than the rest? as for forum stars having a vote, how cute is that... they count more than the rest (as someone already pointed out).

yeah well some members just dont want to listen either for whatever reasons. you&#39;re moaning about keeping rules consistent - how are we supposed to do that if we make exceptions to them to suit you

nice sig btw

have fun

Cheese
07-13-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor+13 July 2004 - 01:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 13 July 2004 - 01:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pol@13 July 2004 - 01:31

Then perhaps Error could stop pointing out that the "majority" voted for a ban. If we discount that queer 13th vote, it would&#39;ve been split 50/50.

:ninja: [/b][/quote]
Recount&#33; :01:

Vote again. And this time do it by posting in a Team Chat Thread so no-one can "queer" it up. :01:

Mathea
07-13-2004, 01:05 AM
funny thing is it was approved

actually, it was removed, and there was a group discussion about it which i was at as well as several mods.... where it was agreed if I made it smaller (to fit board rules thank you very much) I could keep it

then again you ought to know that as it was posted in team chat

but yeah, it is rather isnt it?

pol
07-13-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Mathea@13 July 2004 - 01:13

actually, it was removed, and there was a group discussion about it which i was at as well as several mods.... where it was agreed if I made it smaller (to fit board rules thank you very much) I could keep it

well if you were at it then i couldn&#39;t have been

and yup, it&#39;s just dandy. say&#39;s more about you than it does about me or anyone else

sparsely
07-13-2004, 01:12 AM
perhaps, a solution would be to create a forum of some type where members can be locked-down.
I&#39;ve done this on boards before, and several other forums have a similar thingy.
(Think SomethingAwful & FYAD if you go there).
This would be a way to prevent from completely banning someone whose actions were not terribly grevious, but rather, just stupid and annoying.
Just confine them to that one forum for...whatever length of time.

anyway, just a thought.

DanB
07-13-2004, 01:16 AM
Good idea Sparsley :D

Cheese
07-13-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by pol+13 July 2004 - 01:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 13 July 2004 - 01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mathea@13 July 2004 - 01:13

and yup, it&#39;s just dandy. say&#39;s more about you than it does about me or anyone else [/b][/quote]
Can you stay on topic please. The lounge is for spamming so I&#39;m told.

pol
07-13-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+13 July 2004 - 01:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese &#064; 13 July 2004 - 01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by pol@13 July 2004 - 01:16
<!--QuoteBegin-Mathea@13 July 2004 - 01:13

and yup, it&#39;s just dandy. say&#39;s more about you than it does about me or anyone else
Can you stay on topic please. The lounge is for spamming so I&#39;m told.[/b][/quote]
ok no problem, back on topic

12. Actions and decisions made by moderators and administrators are final. If you disagree, then try to resolve it using PM (Personal Message) with that moderator, and if that isn&#39;t possible PM another moderator or administrator. Starting a topic about the decision instead of using the PM system is not allowed, and will be considered as circumvention of the board rules, and will be treated accordingly.

closed