PDA

View Full Version : Rpg Games (squaresoft)

DoTs
03-21-2003, 11:49 AM
Hi!

So what RPG from Square do you like best?

I can't decide on what to play...

Honestly, I only enjoy RPG games but unfortunately I have never finished any of them... Hehe!! :lol: I try too much so I skip sometimes.. :">

What RPG game made you want to play more or stuff... I mean which has a good story and etc... From Squaresoft.. :rolleyes: No need for good graphics really.. I'm just looking for good replay value... hehe ;)

Some games were boring sometimes or is it just me? Hehe no need to answer that.. :D

Hey... maybe you could pick one of the games in this list and tell me what you think about it... any..

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy 3/6
3. Final Fantasy 4
4. Final Fantasy 7
5. Final Fantasy 8
6. Final Fantasy 9
7. Final Fantasy 10

--or maybe you could recommend one and tell me why you like it. ;)

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply... :)

gal
03-21-2003, 12:33 PM
Final Fantasy 9

Cronium
03-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Note this is a REQUESTS forum
NOT a General Discussion forum

Wheres the moderators when you need them ? 0_o

DoTs
03-21-2003, 01:23 PM
www.k-lite.tk Board ->Discussions ->Gameworld ->Rpg Games (squaresoft)

Fletch
03-21-2003, 01:28 PM
Try Baldurs Gate 2. Dungeons and Dragons type RPG - but its a lot of fun. AVOID Elder Scrolls 3 - its sooooo boring, slowest game I ever played. Great scope to it - just wander around this huge world and do what you like - follow quests - don't follow quests, kill, steal, talk etc. You could roam the wilderness forever doing absolutely nothing.

Anyway - yes - try Baldurs Gate 2.

MagicNakor
03-21-2003, 01:31 PM
Heh...Morrowind isn't boring in the slightest.

If you chose to wander around doing nothing, well, that's your perogative.

:ninja:

loscalbert
03-21-2003, 04:02 PM
Final Fantasy X is the best RPG so far.

CornerPocket
03-25-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Cronium@21 March 2003 - 06:37
Note this is a REQUESTS forum
NOT a General Discussion forum

Wheres the moderators when you need them ? 0_o
Out cleaning the rest of the board, can&#39;t get them all in a blink of an eye, use PM and notify us, others do <_<

Welcome to the board &#39;Newcomer&#39; :P

Benno
03-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Why just RPGs from squaresoft? :blink:

IMO Morrowind is the best&#33;&#33; :)

Krisman
03-25-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by loscalbert@21 March 2003 - 08:02
Final Fantasy X is the best RPG so far.FFX was not the best IMO. I think that there were to many videos. Although the sphere grid certainly was a cool new way to level characters.

Many consider FFVII a classic and say its superb but then there are many others who say they&#39;re all exagerating. I liked it but wouldn&#39;t say superb.

I didn&#39;t play VIII.

IX is quite fun. I really enjoyed the card game. I found the way abilities were setup a little annoying though.

I didn&#39;t play VI, Chrono Trigger, or IV.

If you can get FFV I suggest it. I really enjoyed it. The job system is cool.
*Spoilers I suppose*

I couldn&#39;t believe my friends couldn&#39;t tell Faris was a chick off the bat. It just seemed so obvious to me.

stoi
03-25-2003, 05:07 PM
FF7 Definately, not as good graphics as 10 but the gameplay and extra side quests definately made up for it, Probably impossibe to complete 100% without a walkthrough though.

Ive completed ff7 5times, 8 once, 9 once, and 10 once, for OTT killing moves then its got to be 10, you can take 300,000 - 500,000 hitpoints off with one overdrive if you build your charechters up enough in the monster arena, and some of the monsters have like 10,000,000 Hit points and the dark aeons are solid especially the magus sisters if ou have not got full stats, but with full stats the last boss just takes 1 shot to kill so that spoils the fun a bit.

There are different thigs that are good about all of their games:

FF7: Gold saucer, Breeding Chocobos and the many many sidequests including the Weapons (Big Huge Monsters) and materia.

FF8: The graphics are not cutesy like the others and the card game, if you get good at this you can spend hours playing this alone.

FF9: Again sidequests, chocobo digging to get a better chocobo, and the skipping (bloody hard over 300, my record 680, realy wanted the 1000 though)

FF10: Graphics, The sphere Grid, 1 hit can = 99,000 HP off the enemy, with overdrive 300,000-500,000, the Aeons, white and dark ones are brilliant if you get there stats up full, The Monster arena, Bloody hard unless you know the King Tonnberry trick, then its slightly easier if you fight the King Tonberry a lot to get your stats up, Blitzball is excellent, they could have made a game just of that like fifa. The only downside i can see with 10 is it is very linear for most of the game until you get the airship and then thats when it either gets good for you or totally boring, depends if you think you can fly it like in the other games because you cant, you just click on the map and the ship goes there.

Hope this helps in your decision

stoi

itay
03-25-2003, 05:34 PM
dungen siege it a good, and nice game

filestreamdottk
03-26-2003, 12:26 PM
ff7 is the best rpg ever made, it&#39;s the storyline that counts in rpg not grapics or anything else and ff7 has a storyline to die for and you can never beat it.

MagicNakor
03-26-2003, 12:48 PM
FF7 certainly has a good storyline, but I wouldn&#39;t go so far as to say it&#39;s the best ever made.

:ninja:

Jowy
03-26-2003, 02:17 PM
Xenogears mainly because of the great storyline, and it&#39;s length. I cant think of any game on the market like Xenogears (Except maybe Front Mission 3, but that&#39;s a different story.:)) Xenogears has two modes of battle, unlike most rpgs, you can pilot a large gear to defeat enemies, or battle on foot. There are many other reasons why I like it, but you seem to be stuck on final fantasy, personally I never saw what was so great about the game. :P

iMartin
03-26-2003, 06:48 PM
Its pretty easy to guess which is my favorite :)
http://www.chronotrigger.com/images/logo.gif

Cerebral Voudew
03-27-2003, 01:46 PM
i would have to say my favorite RPG by square or form anyone for that matter would have to be Tales of Phantasia (it is a jpa translation) for the snes.... it did slighty use voice withe the next which was unheard at the time... also it has a side scrolling real-time battle scheme with skills that is really cool.. You used to be able to get it from www.oneminuteleft.com but i dont know the status of this site ... but yes i would reccomend this if you havent lpayed it and i would reccomend youi play it again if you already have =D

creamer
10-30-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Jowy@26 March 2003 - 14:17
Xenogears mainly because of the great storyline, and it&#39;s length. I cant think of any game on the market like Xenogears (Except maybe Front Mission 3, but that&#39;s a different story.:)) Xenogears has two modes of battle, unlike most rpgs, you can pilot a large gear to defeat enemies, or battle on foot. There are many other reasons why I like it, but you seem to be stuck on final fantasy, personally I never saw what was so great about the game. :P
u seem like a guy that may of played tales of destiny two. ive played it three times and im not shitin, it was different every time and it takes about 70 hours. I think this is the best rpg ever made, but they may be a poblem with it 4 its made by namco.

creamer
10-30-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Cerebral Voudew@27 March 2003 - 13:46
i would have to say my favorite RPG by square or form anyone for that matter would have to be Tales of Phantasia (it is a jpa translation) for the snes.... it did slighty use voice withe the next which was unheard at the time... also it has a side scrolling real-time battle scheme with skills that is really cool.. You used to be able to get it from www.oneminuteleft.com but i dont know the status of this site ... but yes i would reccomend this if you havent lpayed it and i would reccomend youi play it again if you already have =D
have u played tales of destiny 2 4 the ps1. its the same game as phantasia but no2 it has the same theme and shit, like gummies and the same battle system. i got stuck with it on the snes because i couldent find a captain to get a ride :angry:

the-ninja69
10-30-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by stoi@25 March 2003 - 10:07
FF7 Definately, not as good graphics as 10 but the gameplay and extra side quests definately made up for it, Probably impossibe to complete 100% without a walkthrough though.

Ive completed ff7 5times, 8 once, 9 once, and 10 once, for OTT killing moves then its got to be 10, you can take 300,000 - 500,000 hitpoints off with one overdrive if you build your charechters up enough in the monster arena, and some of the monsters have like 10,000,000 Hit points and the dark aeons are solid especially the magus sisters if ou have not got full stats, but with full stats the last boss just takes 1 shot to kill so that spoils the fun a bit.

There are different thigs that are good about all of their games:

FF7: Gold saucer, Breeding Chocobos and the many many sidequests including the Weapons (Big Huge Monsters) and materia.

FF8: The graphics are not cutesy like the others and the card game, if you get good at this you can spend hours playing this alone.

FF9: Again sidequests, chocobo digging to get a better chocobo, and the skipping (bloody hard over 300, my record 680, realy wanted the 1000 though)

FF10: Graphics, The sphere Grid, 1 hit can = 99,000 HP off the enemy, with overdrive 300,000-500,000, the Aeons, white and dark ones are brilliant if you get there stats up full, The Monster arena, Bloody hard unless you know the King Tonnberry trick, then its slightly easier if you fight the King Tonberry a lot to get your stats up, Blitzball is excellent, they could have made a game just of that like fifa. The only downside i can see with 10 is it is very linear for most of the game until you get the airship and then thats when it either gets good for you or totally boring, depends if you think you can fly it like in the other games because you cant, you just click on the map and the ship goes there.

Hope this helps in your decision

stoi
This guy knows his f*cking shit I totally agree with him on all his points. He pointed out the biggest and best features of the FF games.

I know its pretty crazy ass when you get the ultimate weapons for your characters you break the 9999 mark. The Overdrives were hella tight. One problem about them was that if you got considerally powerful the last boss was just a joke, I think i killed his ass in a couple hits.

I thought FF8 was excellent. I loved the plot and I thought it was a really cool game.

ObLiViOuS_1.0
10-30-2003, 04:02 AM
FFX or FF8

silent VI
10-30-2003, 06:01 AM
i liked kindom hearts cause you get to hear all the voices fo lots of original ff characters liek cloud squall yuffie aries second up woudl be ffx which would of been my first pic except for the extreme easyness and the fact its so short plus no freedom to explore

silent VI
10-30-2003, 06:02 AM
....................................and chrono cross

Monkeee
10-30-2003, 06:23 AM
Kingdom Hearts is sweeet its freestyle battle&#33;&#33;&#33; YOU ARE YOUR DEFENSE&#33;&#33; :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Bowen747x
10-30-2003, 01:18 PM
zelda is so much better then final fantasy&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :shifty:

Octopussy
10-30-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by [&#045;Crono&#045;
,26 March 2003 - 18:48] Its pretty easy to guess which is my favorite :)
http://www.chronotrigger.com/images/logo.gif
watsup with u and clocks?

edit: chrono trigger was a pretty damn good game tho too bad i didnt get to play it much :( it was awesome game...i was at this part where i was at some place that looked like an arabian place ah cant remember lol i wish i could go backin time like 3 years or w/e tat was cuz it was awesome me n my best friend used to play games afterschool i miss those days