PDA

View Full Version : For Those Who Wanna Keep Track On World News

jetje
07-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Paper Front pages from around the world (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/)

well not really world news, however a very interesting link for those that like to track the news and sights from different viewpoints.
:)

clocker
07-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Excellent find.

I've been wondering where I could get the latest breaking news from Anniston, Alabama.

lynx
07-15-2004, 12:49 PM
from 44 countries presented alphabetically

Nice to know the alphabet now starts with U.

SuperJude™
07-15-2004, 02:43 PM
jetje, nice to see ya. Here in the US we have either left or right media views and I find it imperative to read news from other sources around the globe, a clearer picture and all.

Then again, the media is swine and yes they report their views of the news but never forget, their jobs are to sell papers and get good ratings. That's why I try to read as many sources as I can on certain subjects.

-SJ™

hungrylilboy
07-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by lynx@15 July 2004 - 12:57

from 44 countries presented alphabetically

Nice to know the alphabet now starts with U.
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

jetje
07-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by SuperJude™@15 July 2004 - 16:51
jetje, nice to see ya. Here in the US we have either left or right media views and I find it imperative to read news from other sources around the globe, a clearer picture and all.

Then again, the media is swine and yes they report their views of the news but never forget, their jobs are to sell papers and get good ratings. That's why I try to read as many sources as I can on certain subjects.

-SJ™
Nice to see you around here too SJ™ :)

j2k4
07-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by SuperJude™@15 July 2004 - 09:51

-SJ™
Me, too.

A decent shortwave receiver makes a nice adjunct to all the other sources; wish I had spent more time studying languages.

BTW-

Neat site, JJ. ;)

vidcc
07-15-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@15 July 2004 - 13:58

wish I had spent more time studying languages.

Perhaps if the newsreaders talk slowly and loud enough you could understand :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: