PDA

View Full Version : Computer Skipping Problems?

KinkoStinky
07-16-2004, 01:32 AM
At my house my computer worked just fine, but then I moved it over to a friends house for a quick visit. Now when I first boot up my computer, the computer seems to skip every 5 seconds or so. When I mean skip, it freezes frames here and there. Does anyone have any idea's?

tesco
07-16-2004, 01:42 AM
could be anything (most likely software related...).

Try scanning for spyware, viruses, run msconfig and disable some startup items, defragment, etc.

lynx
07-16-2004, 01:56 AM
I bet you connected them by network? :blink:

Virus scan seems like a good idea to me too.

Edit: Alternatively, did you share a folder on his (or her) computer? If so, it could still be trying to connect that link, and you may have difficulties removing the link without being connected.

tesco
07-16-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by lynx@15 July 2004 - 21:04
I bet you connected them by network? :blink:

Virus scan seems like a good idea to me too.

Edit: Alternatively, did you share a folder on his (or her) computer? If so, it could still be trying to connect that link, and you may have difficulties removing the link without being connected.
:'> one time I took my computer (back when i didn't use antivirus programs) over to my friends house...hooked up to his network, no wait HIS DAD'S network, of 5 computers, and infected them all. :(

That was a boring night...(made me fix them all, obviously i just backed everything up and formatted them, including my own).

never took the computer over there again.

Evil Gemini
07-16-2004, 04:53 AM
open the pc up and cheek for any loose components.

Also, have a good look if you have any blown capacitors. I had a problem with an old pc with freezing all the time and it was a blown capacitor.