PDA

View Full Version : I Just Made 50 Quid.

lynx
07-16-2004, 07:49 PM
My dvd player packed up today, and it was still under warranty at Asda (Walmart).

I've just taken it back expecting them to replace it, but they haven't got any in stock.
I asked them what the options were. They said I could either wait till they came in or have a refund, so I said I would have a refund expecting to get the current price, almost £36. Instead, I got the original price refunded, almost £86.

But I talked to the guy on the Dvd counter, they will be delivered tonight. So I can go back tomorrow and get a brand new one, with full warranty, for £36. :D

The drinks are on me tonight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hobbes
07-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Congrats lynx, I'll take a bottle of budweiser.

You business people out there better take note of the power of "goodwill"-non tangible assets. Walmart may lose on this deal but Lynx is sure to be a loyal customer now and will spread his positive opinion to friends and hell, he might even post something on a global forum.

He wins today, Walmart wins tomorrow and the money they lost is regained by 10 fold.

UcanRock2
07-16-2004, 07:59 PM
I've always had good luck in returning merchandise...

Sometimes with out a receipt :D

lynx
07-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@16 July 2004 - 20:02
Congrats lynx, I'll take a bottle of budweiser.

You business people out there better take note of the power of "goodwill"-non tangible assets. Walmart may lose on this deal but Lynx is sure to be a loyal customer now and will spread his positive opinion to friends and hell, he might even post something on a global forum.

He wins today, Walmart wins tomorrow and the money they lost is regained by 10 fold.
You must be joking. It was a crap dvd player, I&#39;m <s>pretty sure</s> absolutely certain I can get better for the same price, or maybe just a little more.

Maybe one of those with divx decoders. :D

Once it is in my pocket it stays there, no store loyalty for me.

UcanRock2
07-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by lynx@16 July 2004 - 13:15
It was a crap dvd player.
Dumb question... :huh:

why&#39;d you buy it then?

lynx
07-16-2004, 08:20 PM
I got it 2 years ago, got good recommendation by vcdhelp (now videohelp). It was just before prices started dropping dramatically and new features like divx decoding came out.

For the time, I suppose it was a good player, but it hasn&#39;t improved in the last 2 years which is why it is now a crap one.

hobbes
07-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by lynx+16 July 2004 - 18:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 16 July 2004 - 18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@16 July 2004 - 20:02
Congrats lynx, I&#39;ll take a bottle of budweiser.

You business people out there better take note of the power of "goodwill"-non tangible assets.&nbsp; Walmart may lose on this deal but Lynx is sure to be a loyal customer now and will spread his positive opinion to friends and hell, he might even post something on a global forum.

You must be joking. It was a crap dvd player, I&#39;m <s>pretty sure</s> absolutely certain I can get better for the same price, or maybe just a little more.

Maybe one of those with divx decoders. :D

Once it is in my pocket it stays there, no store loyalty for me. [/b][/quote]
Lynx,

You are happy and buying drinks, looks like they treated you well. Your post has provided an unsolicited international "thumbs up" for Walmart. That was the business lesson.

As for the quality of the product, well, what do you expect from Walmart? They sell cheap shit to cheap and poor people.

j2k4
07-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by lynx@16 July 2004 - 15:15
Once it is in my pocket it stays there, no store loyalty for me.
No empathy for Whoopi, either, I&#39;d wager. ;)

ck-uk
07-17-2004, 08:00 AM
lynx....similar experience myself..........cant say mate it aint exactly cosher ,basicly, dixons kindly gave me a £200 tobuy a new playstation&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

asmithz
07-17-2004, 08:04 AM
Nice little con you got. If the drinks are on you, then i want some hennessy. :D

Yogi
07-17-2004, 10:43 AM
My biggest con, was when i changed a big bag of coins, with all tips i got in my

(university)restaurant............(15 years ago)

I never counted that money, making it a surprise.....

I expected to get about 200 euro, but after counting the money they payed me

I took it, no hesitation. :ph34r:

3 months later a bankemloyee "ïdentified" me, claiming they made a misstake,

by not resetting the coinmachine. As proof they had a sheet, showing Albert Heijn

were the client that changed before me....... 550 euro............ :rolleyes:

They said it only would be reasonable to take it off my account. :blink:

It became quite nasty, ending up for me asking for the General Manager. :01:

I suggested they would take 25 euro off my account each month, till the difference

was settled...... :)

Since there was no real proof than the AH-slip, i thought i was being a sport

suggesting that deal. :lol: After a while they reluctantly agreed...... :P

They never asked me to sign for it.....

After 10 days it turned out they reposessed the whole amount&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry: :angry:

I returned to the bank saying this wasn&#39;t agreed upon and i would file charges and

lift all my accounts if it wasn&#39;t reversed.

As you can guess; they had to, and started taking the 25/month deal i suggested.

Again, no file, no signature.

They took 25 euro off my account for three months and then it

stopped&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

Nice people&#33;&#33;&#33; :P

I changed banks anyhow, as you might understand.

Was i being a robber???? :ghostface:

Yogi

Spider_dude
07-17-2004, 05:10 PM
yes yogi you modern day robbing hood.

lynx, svp have divx players for £78. was gonna buy one but i bought a surround sound model not so long ago, i believe oi posted about it, i was drunk with a visa on the internet. still waiting for that blow up doll to arrive. :P