PDA

View Full Version : Media Player V Divx Player

aeo
03-21-2003, 07:04 PM
G'day all, i have a copy of Gangs of New York. When i play it with Divx player there is sound but no pic, in Media player i have both, would anyone know why that is. beacuse i would rather use the Divx player to view it??

Many thanks in advance

aeo

ShareDaddy
03-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by aeo@21 March 2003 - 14:04
G'day all, i have a copy of Gangs of New York. When i play it with Divx player there is sound but no pic, in Media player i have both, would anyone know why that is. beacuse i would rather use the Divx player to view it??

Many thanks in advance

aeo
Hmmm. Possibly the DIVX player does not play XVID encoding and GONY may be XVID. Really not sure, I had some issues with the DIVX player and stopped using it some time ago, now my favorite player is DIVX Lunacy and it will play all of my movies without hesitation.

Darth Sushi
03-21-2003, 07:21 PM
DivX Player hates the XviD codec because it competes with their codec; Gangs of NY is encoded with XviD. Also, DivX Player cannot recover from an encoding error in the movie. I suggest trying other players like ZoomPlayer, BSPlayer, or MediaPlayerClassic just to name a few.

Genius
03-21-2003, 07:22 PM
Why do you want to view it in DivX :huh:

aeo
03-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the advice. I was using Divx player because its the only one i had, but i will try the others and see how that goes...

Cheers

Genius
03-21-2003, 07:58 PM
My advice is to use the BS player B)

aeo
03-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Ok i will give that a go.......

Thanks again