PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Burning

los99
07-17-2004, 07:38 AM
i know someone already ask, but i am trying to get two or more movies in avi and some in divx format to fit on a 4.7gb dvd the one i bought off the street (bootleg) that has blow,empire,and king of new york on it has a blue menu where you pick your movie and i was wondering do that have anything to do with it. and i already have tmpgenc and dvd source creator and dvd author but i cant get it to work right some one please help a newbie :helpsmile:

SingaBoiy
07-17-2004, 08:45 AM
Why not, whats going wrong?

Robert00000
07-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by los99@17 July 2004 - 07:46
i know someone already ask, but i am trying to get two or more movies in avi and some in divx format to fit on a 4.7gb dvd the one i bought off the street (bootleg) that has blow,empire,and king of new york on it has a blue menu where you pick your movie and i was wondering do that have anything to do with it.  and i already have tmpgenc and dvd source creator and dvd author but i cant get it to work right some one please help a newbie :helpsmile:
Let me see if i understand what you're asking. You want to put three movies on a dvd-r disk in avi format (divx is an avi format too), and you are having problems, is this right?

my answers:-

a) If you want to just copy the movies on a dvd-r disk to back them up (you can't play them on a normal dvd player, unless it supports divx) put them in a folder and right click it and go in to propertis to find the total size. If is larger than 4.36 gig then it won't fit unless you compress it.

B) If you want to convert them so they will play on a dvd player you would need to convert each one in to dvd complient mpeg 2. Use VBR to maximise the quality to space ratio. You should not try to fit more than 4 hours on one disk otherwise you will lose noticable quality. The next phase is to author the dvd, creating menus etc.

The size of the final movie will be too big to fit on a dvd-r disk so you will need to shrink it with something like dvd shrink or dvd2one.

The final stage is to burn the movie on to the disk. If its still too big to fit on a dvd-r just put it through dvd shrink or dvd2one again.

poetjuhh
07-17-2004, 05:02 PM
where can you download VBR??

{I}{K}{E}
07-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by poetjuhh@17 July 2004 - 18:10
where can you download VBR??
VBR =

Variable Bit Rate (VBR) is an MP3 encoding method that's used when filesize is not an issue. Use VBR encoding when you want the highest audio quality

Robert00000
07-17-2004, 07:30 PM
encode using VBR ranges from 2000 to 4000 kb/s in tmpgenc, this will keep the files within a reasonable size for authoring into a dvd later.